Random Questions And Answers

Jaggernaut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were the first team to drop from the top tier of Scottish football to the third tier in consecutive post-war seasons?

Some people close, but no cigars.

Answer was Clyde and Dunfermline.

In season 1974-75, both were playing in old 1st Division, which was the top tier at the time.

Following league reconstruction, in season 1975-76 both were playing in the new 1st Division, which had become the second tier, under the Scottish Premier Division.

They were both relegated and played the 1976-77 season playing in the 2nd division, which was the third tier.

Edited by Norman

Why is your missus always right and you're always wrong and it's always your fault ?

If you are speaking about yourself then it's quite straightforward CD - you are hen-pecked.

Domestic abuse - there's no excuse! :blink:

Q: How deep is the pothole on the other side of the road (at the bus stop) outside the Carling/O2 Academy?

Some people close, but no cigars.

Answer was Clyde and Dunfermline.

In season 1974-75, both were playing in old 1st Division, which was the top tier at the time.

Following league reconstruction, in season 1975-76 both were playing in the new 1st Division, which had become the second tier, under the Scottish Premier Division.

They were both relegated and played the 1976-77 season playing in the 2nd division, which was the third tier.

I knew that, but I wasn't online!

Who was the first team, post-war, to be promoted from the third tier to the top tier in Scottish football with two consecutive promotions.

I believe three teams have now done it, but the other two should be much easier to pick out.

I knew that, but I wasn't online!

Who was the first team, post-war, to be promoted from the third tier to the top tier in Scottish football with two consecutive promotions.

I believe three teams have now done it, but the other two should be much easier to pick out.

I noticed this when checking the details on my own question.

My hint would be that only 1 of the three teams is still participating in the SPL/SFL

Edited by Norman

I noticed this when checking the details on my own question.

My hint would be that only 1 of the three teams is still participating in the SPL/SFL

Ok, you must have missed one that I have and there must be another one I missed that you have...

:thinking:

Wild guess at Washington and Toronto

Concordes first commercial flights went...

Heathrow - Bahrain

Charles de Galle - Rio de Janiero

The USA were still mulling over whether or not to let the sonic BOOM into their airspace.

Next...

What is the name of the steam engine which holds the world speed record?

Concordes first commercial flights went...

Heathrow - Bahrain

Charles de Galle - Rio de Janiero

The USA were still mulling over whether or not to let the sonic BOOM into their airspace.

Next...

What is the name of the steam engine which holds the world speed record?

Thomas the Tank Engine

Or perhaps the Flying Scotsman?

Have't actually got out and measured it, but it certainly involves a wee swerve if its the same one I'm thinking of.

Q In early ZX Spectrum games, which sport did Horace participate in?

A 4x4 in front of me the other day disappeared into this abyss and burst both front and rear tyres ... looked like it sunk a good foot into the depths ... so much for "off-roaders" then eh?!