Jags Fans In Nz

NZ Jag

I'm planning on getting to some Phoenix games next season too, I arrived slightly too late to see any this season (and had a hell of a time working out what was actually happening, what the hell is a ladder anyway - it's a *league table*, tch!, and those play-off final things...)

My son was mad keen on the Jags before we left - he was just at that perfect age where the result doesn't matter (it's all about the merchandise!), so am definitely interested in getting him along too.

When does the season start?

Season starts in August. I was a season ticket holder in the 1st season but didn't renew cos I live so far away I couldn't guarantee getting down for every game. Usually make it to at least 7 or 8 though. It's good, being in a crowd of 32,000 last season who were all supporting the same team as me was an unusual experience!

Edited by NZ Jag

Just chucking this out there early. I try to get down to Wellington for 7 or 8 Phoenix games every season. Anybody in for meeting up and having a dry sherry or two in the Capital sometime next season?

Definitely, though I'll have a whisky in place of the sherry :)

Phoenix fan too of course (being our only professional team) so will be making at least one trip over Cook Strait this coming season. As an early call how about the first home game of the season? Plenty of time to sort something anyway!

First game of the season is probably a good shout as it should be packed given the success of last season. KiwiJag, you've got the furthest to travel so it really should come down to whatever game you can make! (I happy to make any game.)

True, true, and very considerate :) I was hoping to make the first home game in any case, so at this stage that sounds like a great plan! Will have to wait and see what date that will be exactly but I don't foresee any problems. I'd say there will be a good crowd for that one so would that would be ideal!