Raspberry Ade

Chicofan

I remember the days when Garvie's of milngavie used to make this,but have not seen it any where for years and years :(

I got a raspberry flavoured Ice pole the other day from my ice cream van and got me thinking how i used to love Raspberryade.

Any one seen any anywhere :thinking:

My mum used to get us a variety of odd flavours whenever the Alpine lorry came round each week.

Haven't seen Raspberryade anywhere recently but, then again, I haven't really been looking.

Thanks for the memory though :)

This thread is making me thirsty.

I think I might go home early and make myself an ice cream drink, remember them? A scoop of ice cream in a glass filled up with lemonade.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "an ice-cream float".

I think I might go home early and make myself an ice cream drink, remember them? A scoop of ice cream in a glass filled up with lemonade.

My friend used to do that except he used Coca Cola instead of lemonade. It looked pretty disgusting. Maybe thats because it was Coke though. Whats the lemonade like? are there any other good flavours?

This thread is making me thirsty.

I had one of them recently. Delightful.

My mate works in McDonalds (classy, I know), and made one with Fanta, McFlurry ice-cream and the goo from the Creme Eggs. Said it was wonderful.

My friend used to do that except he used Coca Cola instead of lemonade. It looked pretty disgusting. Maybe thats because it was Coke though. Whats the lemonade like? are there any other good flavours?

I've not had one since I was a little nipper. I don't know why I even posted that yesterday, I must have been in a daydream daze or something. I don't buy lemonade or ice cream so there was no chance of me ever having one of those drinks when I got in.

Cream soda and ice cream, Raspberryade and ice cream :thumbsup2:

It was a can of it I had in Paulo's, however I do remember them having a good selection of Barr's bottles, which is rare now. It's usually just Irn Bru you see in the gless cheques and occasionally Tizer, Cola and Orangina.

Irn Bru works pretty well. Cream Soda is amazing. Needs to be vanilla ice cream though!

My mum used to get us a variety of odd flavours whenever the Alpine lorry came round each week.

Haven't seen Raspberryade anywhere recently but, then again, I haven't really been looking.

Thanks for the memory though :)

I had a summer job in 1977 driving the alpine trucks, and as well as raspberryade, they also had a promotion with banana-ade. (It actually wasn't too bad)

Edited by Exiled AusJag