"£100,000 Is Needed Between Now And The End Of The Season" Or...

...what?

With news of Dundee's failed appeal thrusting the strife faced by financially unstable firmly in our faces, I would hope our board would outline exactly what failure to plug that shortfall would mean for Partick Thistle.

Remember, now is a "crucial time in the club's history". So crucial, in fact, that other than a fleeting mention of a sponsorship deal, nor more has been said publicly about this matter since this matter since 11 December.

The club requested our help at that time. I'm certain that the majority of Thistle fans would be prepared to throw every fibre of their being into fundraising - hell, we've done it before - but we have to be aware of the full scope of the problem we're facing.

We've already had a previous board member cry wolf on a past forum. Is this more of the same? It wouldn't appear so, but every passing day lessens the urgency with which we view our situation.

It's time for the silence to be broken and our directors to speak. NOW.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not attend the meeting on the 19th and ask them direct or send them an email ? Any email I have sent ive had a reply fairly quickly.

But I agree with you would like to see some more information on this 100k shortfall and what not meeting it will mean.

Why not attend the meeting on the 19th and ask them direct or send them an email ? Any email I have sent ive had a reply fairly quickly.

But I agree with you would like to see some more information on this 100k shortfall and what not meeting it will mean.

Is it not around £50k now and did David Beattie not say more info would be forthcoming this month.......There is going to be another "important message from the board " in tomorrows programme and as before , i'm sure that message will appear online by tomorrow night.

I took it from the first piece that the £100,000 had to be raised before the end of the season. Although the second piece makes note of a £50,000 sponsorship it doesn't state the terms of that deal i.e. the duration of time that money is stretched across.

Is it £50,000 between now and May? Does it extend into next season and next season's debt? It raises questions rather than providing answers. I'd also add that I'm extremely suspicious of a deal that isn't communicated more widely than the programme and is confined to one line.

I took it from the first piece that the £100,000 had to be raised before the end of the season. Although the second piece makes note of a £50,000 sponsorship it doesn't state the terms of that deal i.e. the duration of time that money is stretched across.

Is it £50,000 between now and May? Does it extend into next season and next season's debt? It raises questions rather than providing answers. I'd also add that I'm extremely suspicious of a deal that isn't communicated more widely than the programme and is confined to one line.

think a good few of us took it as we did need £100k but we'd then secured a £50k sponsorship deal. As i posted earlier, there is further message due tomorrow so why not wait and see what's said then. Personally think Beattie has been very open with us since cowan and co left.

The direct quote from the programme is

"You will have read the need for another £100,000 to come into the club by the end of the season and this has not changed. The Directors and especially Billy Allan have been working overtime on this issue and I can report that Billy has managed, through his contacts to achieve a £50,000 sponsor, which goes an awful long way to achieving our objective but we still need your support."

From that I took that £50,000 of the £100k target has been met. Maybe I'm just not cynical enough like some on here.

The direct quote from the programme is

"You will have read the need for another £100,000 to come into the club by the end of the season and this has not changed. The Directors and especially Billy Allan have been working overtime on this issue and I can report that Billy has managed, through his contacts to achieve a £50,000 sponsor, which goes an awful long way to achieving our objective but we still need your support."

From that I took that £50,000 of the £100k target has been met. Maybe I'm just not cynical enough like some on here.

I also thought that, but could easily be a misunderstanding & we still require £100k, I'm sure we'll find out in due course.

It seemed fairly clear to me that £50K of the £100K had been raised

I can report that Billy has managed, through his contacts to achieve a £50,000 sponsor, which goes an awful long way to achieving our objective but we still need your support.

It's also fairly apparent that Billy Allan prefers to shun what limited limelight there is at Firhill as was the director (who may or may not be the same person) that funded Flannigan's signing. I feel we've got to respect this and I don't really mean from a beggars can't be choosers point of view.

Work sometimes precludes that, but non-attendance shouldn't prevent questions being asked or answers given.

Now toddle on.

True. So noticed you posted earlier that Hardie telling people at Firhill that he's signed till end of season. How do you know this if you weren't there ? Or did you get text from someone who was ?

True. So noticed you posted earlier that Hardie telling people at Firhill that he's signed till end of season. How do you know this if you weren't there ? Or did you get text from someone who was ?

The Harry Wraggs' social media feeds.

Now, can anyone tell me what the important message in the programme was?

Very true. Can't argue with that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll leave you to get back to demanding attention. :blink:

The financial state of the club is something I think demands attention. The board obviously did, too, seeing as they saw fit to scare us shitless with talk of shortfalls that must be met. Just a pity they haven't seen fit to say much else following that.

I'll leave you to disappear until the next demand is made of the Firhill suits.