Racis From Scottish Fans Towards Brazialian Players?

kennypaton

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2011/03/neymar-e-alvo-de-racismo-durante-vitoria-do-brasil-sobre-escocia.html

Neymar has claimed Scottish fans racially abused him during todays game and throw a bannana at him. I was at the game and Scottish fans bood him for going down too easy, no other coloured Brazil players were given pelters.

Didn't see the bannana throwing incident but it came from an end populated by Brazil fans although some Scottish fans were present.

IMO there was a good atmosphere at todays game, particularlt beforehand with both sets of fans enjoying themselved together. But I suppose it only takes one idiot.

This is a rough translation of the article:

Brazil;s win over Scotland on Sunday, London was not only feasting and rejoicing.

During the game at the Emirates Stadium, a banana peel was thrown toward Neymar (watch the video next to SporTV). It is the third episode of racism in just over a week in European football. Recently, Roberto Carlos side of Anzhi, Russia, and Marcelo, Real Madrid, were harassed by Zenit fans and Atletico Madrid, respectively, with discriminatory acts.

- This climate of racism is totally sad. We go out of our country, comes to play here and this happens. I;d rather not touch it, not to turn a snowball - the very Neymar said in an interview with SporTV.

Midfielder Luke also complained. - Racism has no place in the world. In Europe, which is said to be the first world, where it happens most - Lucas complained that defends Liverpool after the match.

let`s remember that this character has ONE agends. Get his name into the paper for whatever reason in order that his name is recognised in a European marketplace. It`s in his agents (plural) interests that he does`nt make his transfer as a relative nobody. This is the original`there is no such thing as bad publicity` and for a guy whose name is not widely known this has been a good day. Irrespective of this chancers pedigree and undoubted talent the fact remains that he personally is little known where the money is. Today`s comments should be taken in that context. It`s the footballing equivelant of a coca cola advert

let`s remember that this character has ONE agends. Get his name into the paper for whatever reason in order that his name is recognised in a European marketplace. It`s in his agents (plural) interests that he does`nt make his transfer as a relative nobody. This is the original`there is no such thing as bad publicity` and for a guy whose name is not widely known this has been a good day. Irrespective of this chancers pedigree and undoubted talent the fact remains that he personally is little known where the money is. Today`s comments should be taken in that context. It`s the footballing equivelant of a coca cola advert

He's been linked with Chelsea and Real Madrid in the past and there was huge public pressure to have him included in the World Cup squad last year despite only being 18 at the time. He really doesn't need someone being racist towards him to raise his profile.

He's hardly making up the fact a banana was thrown on the pitch, in the video in the link you can see it in the hand of one of the players.

I don't know about that, Neymar has been tipped as one of the up and coming young Brazilian players for the Copa America and the next World Cup. He started today and looked impressive. I am sure scouts of European clubs will already be aware of him. In addition, is doesn't explain Lucas' comments on the matter

I think he has either got the wrong idea, gone in the huff because he was given pelters (relatively minor it has to be said, just a bit of booing when on the ball) or someone did through a bannana at him in a racially motivated manner.

Since it was only the one banana, how come the accusation is in the plural? - that is, accusing a number of Scots fans when it was by all accounts one fan and they can't be sure it was a Scots fan (there would have been neutrals there too).

It is plural because he claimed the booing was racial abuse as well not just the bannana incident. Could have been a neutral although it is natural to assume oposition fans through the bannana.

As I said it came from an end 95% full of Brazilian fans. I would have imagined the throw would have been accompanied by some sort of racial abuse and surrounding fans would have heard and created an incident, this didn't happen. TBH the chances of it being a neutral, if it was racially motivated, are slim, there were not many neutrals at that end of the ground (almost everyone was wearing colours of some sort).

Our best evidence about it not being a Scotland fan is the fact it was a piece of fruit, how many self respecting Scotsmen go to a game of football and buy a bannana :rolleyes:

Edited by kennypaton

Who's to say that banana skin wasn't launched by a pished Scotsman who'd just scoffed a banana and then seen Brazil win a penalty against his team.

Two and two make five in this uber PC world that we live in these days and the old equation..

Banana skin + coloured footballer = racism could very well be way off the mark. It may have just been..

Tartan Army ***** + anger at penalty = launching of nearest thing to hand.

Who's to say that banana skin wasn't launched by a pished Scotsman who'd just scoffed a banana and then seen Brazil win a penalty against his team.

Two and two make five in this uber PC world that we live in these days and the old equation..

Banana skin + coloured footballer = racism could very well be way off the mark. It may have just been..

Tartan Army ***** + anger at penalty = launching of nearest thing to hand.

Or alternatively a Brazil fan who had been scoffing a banana, delighted at seeing their team win/score a penalty, launched it upwards in celebration, as I'm often tempted to do with my bovril when we score...

That area was full of brazil fans, and I met plenty of neutrals going to the game too. There was no bitterness in the atmosphere I detected, though I was in the opposite end of the ground.

Can we blame this one on the Chelsea casuals who seem to go everywhere in order to tarnish other clubs/teams reputations? :thinking:

who says throwing a banana is racist? maybe when neymar was on the deck injured, they maybe thought he had cramp, and everyone knows that the best way to get rid of cramp is to eat a banana, as the iron gets rid of the lactic acid. Credit where it's due. bravo tartan army!

I agree with this. People playing the race card for their own agenda. Who does he think he is? the brazilian el hadji diouf? a racist scot? aye right! Next they'll be sayin we're all drunken bigots

Edited by Gimp

I hate all the "I've been racially abused and I want the world to sit up and take notice of this atrocity that happened to ME! But I'm not going to make a formal complaint."

Put up or shut up ya wee attention-seeking numpty.

here here, we all get some sort of abuse in our lifes, get on with it. i don't get menstrual everytime someone calls me baldy or specky. Just get over it and stop being metrosexual. Men are pure tarts nowadays, with their man bags, mousturizer, cleaveage showing vests, shaved chests and boybands. where did us fathers go wrong? Mark walters just got on with it and didnt greet his eyes out

Edited by Gimp