Racis From Scottish Fans Towards Brazialian Players?

kennypaton

Maybe I am misreading the last two comments, are you saying that racist abuse is something a footballer should put up with? I am not saying that yesterdays incident was racially motivated, seems inconclusive to me.

No, absolutely not, but a fair question just the same. My point is that actual racist abuse should always be formally reported and seen through, in order that evidence can be properly gathered and appropriate action taken. The way I saw the issue worded was something along the lines of: "Neymar claims he was racially abused by Scotland". Big headline. This was shortly followed by something like: "Neymar claims he was racially abused by Scotland but will not be lodging an official complaint."

This was what bugged me; I saw him as wanting to alert the world to the 'fact' that Scotland - which I took to mean Scotland players - had racially abused him but he wasn't bothering to pursue the matter. This would leave a whole lot of unanswered questions, not least of all whether one or more Scottish players had in fact abused him.

His loud cry followed by nothing leaves open the possibility, or probability - depending on how people want to see it - that there are Scottish players with racist tendencies, but not a jot of evidence to support that.

I would want to make absolutely clear that I condemn racist behaviour utterly, be that in the form of words or actions, and would want all racists - fans or players - severely dealt with. There is no place in football for racists or their apologists, nor is there any place for those who would unfairly tarnish others within the football world as racists.

No, absolutely not, but a fair question just the same. My point is that actual racist abuse should always be formally reported and seen through, in order that evidence can be properly gathered and appropriate action taken. The way I saw the issue worded was something along the lines of: "Neymar claims he was racially abused by Scotland". Big headline. This was shortly followed by something like: "Neymar claims he was racially abused by Scotland but will not be lodging an official complaint."

This was what bugged me; I saw him as wanting to alert the world to the 'fact' that Scotland - which I took to mean Scotland players - had racially abused him but he wasn't bothering to pursue the matter. This would leave a whole lot of unanswered questions, not least of all whether one or more Scottish players had in fact abused him.

His loud cry followed by nothing leaves open the possibility, or probability - depending on how people want to see it - that there are Scottish players with racist tendencies, but not a jot of evidence to support that.

I would want to make absolutely clear that I condemn racist behaviour utterly, be that in the form of words or actions, and would want all racists - fans or players - severely dealt with. There is no place in football for racists or their apologists, nor is there any place for those who would unfairly tarnish others within the football world as racists.

I thought so, I have read you posts regarding the OF and sectarianism and didn't think you would condone racism :thumbsup2:

Edited by kennypaton

I thought so, I have read you posts regarding the OF and sectarianism and didn't think you would condone racism :thumbsup2:

Thanks, Kenny. Phew, I think I invited your very fair question by wording my initial post very badly, probably making it look like I was blase about racist behaviour.

Cheers. :thumbsup2:

Btw, I get quite involved in the anti-nazi and BNP stuff down my way and really should've worded my post much better. Typical me. :blush:

Maybe I am misreading the last two comments, are you saying that racist abuse is something a footballer should put up with? I am not saying that yesterdays incident was racially motivated, seems inconclusive to me.

i dont think racism is right, i dont think any form of abusing someone because of their difference is right, but people have to grow up and get over it and not greet about it like a big tart. Nothing a few thistle fans are goin to say is gonna stop world racism is it? Everyone gets abuse for one thing or another. should i start greeting about people abusing people about my specks? Thats another for of secular preclusion, by the way. no! i have more dignity than that

Edited by Gimp

People need to stop taking things so seriously, gettin abuse is a form of flattery, if they didnt think you were worth ,then they wouldn't abuse you. they say in bangladesh 'hunters dont's shoot at ants, they shoot at tigers.' preclusions wrong but be happy when people try to preclude you

let`s remember that this character has ONE agends. Get his name into the paper for whatever reason in order that his name is recognised in a European marketplace. It`s in his agents (plural) interests that he does`nt make his transfer as a relative nobody. This is the original`there is no such thing as bad publicity` and for a guy whose name is not widely known this has been a good day. Irrespective of this chancers pedigree and undoubted talent the fact remains that he personally is little known where the money is. Today`s comments should be taken in that context. It`s the footballing equivelant of a coca cola advert

So the hottest property in Brazilian football who has been courted by numerous European clubs for years and has recently been closely linked with big money moves to Real Madrid and Chelsea needs to make up that he has been racially abused by a world football non-entity like Scotland to get attention that will alert European clubs so they buy him?

That's Celtic-esque in its levels of ludicrous conspiracy.

who says throwing a banana is racist? maybe when neymar was on the deck injured, they maybe thought he had cramp, and everyone knows that the best way to get rid of cramp is to eat a banana, as the iron gets rid of the lactic acid. Credit where it's due. bravo tartan army!

Close, it is the potassium that neutralises the acid.

i dont think racism is right, i dont think any form of abusing someone because of their difference is right, but people have to grow up and get over it and not greet about it like a big tart. Nothing a few thistle fans are goin to say is gonna stop world racism is it? Everyone gets abuse for one thing or another. should i start greeting about people abusing people about my specks? Thats another for of secular preclusion, by the way. no! i have more dignity than that

I started this thread to comment on allegations that a Brazilian player was racially abused during the Scotland game yesterday. Your post seemed to suggest that the player should get on with it as abuse is a part of life. Personally, I don't think this is the best attitude to dealing with racism. If a person doesn't agree with racist abuse directed to them they have every right to highlight it.

No one is greeting about anything, my post just asked you a question. I know this won't stop world racism, no one was claiming that, we are just discussing a talking point from yesterday game. Ya specky prick :P

Well I'm just back from London, and there was an absolutely brilliant carnival atmosphere. Two of my friends at the match were black London lassies and this banana allegation stuff is totally ridiculous. Some people are just looking for a PC upset. They can stick it, the game was brilliant. (apart from the score, ahem)

you missed baldy and fat mate. :lol: thanks for overlooking those two lol. Meanwhile back at the ranch, why care what a few reprobates from the tartan army think about you anyway. see if neymar went online and youtubed tartan army he'd be baffled and peturbed at all these crap trannys that scotland has supporting their team.kilts n that.(seeing brazil has some of the best, convincing trannies in the world. i talk through angry experience.seriously i met some convincing ones in uruguay. ask that celtic guy juarez, did he know?) he'd see how much of a joke these tartan army ***** are and how they should be pitied. i think player should too. we have to put up gettin people tryin to blow us up and kill us in our line of duty and footballers get paid a lot more than me but all they have to put up with is words. wits a word? try an IED or some women wae a push chair and u dont know what shes cookin. wit the feck is a word??!!

:lol::lol::lol: quote of the year from el gimpo !!

Tell us more of bumping into your brazilian bonero in montevideo!!!

"The SFA added: "Scotland supporters are known for impeccable behaviour.""

:D:blink:

Well, they are probably the best behaved "pished out their brains" supporters in the world.

Re the update by jaggyb, one of the quotes from Neymar:

"They were jeering me a lot, even when I was about to kick the penalty the entire stadium was jeering. "

So even the Brazil fans were jeering?