Lets Fill Firhill

BishyJag

Am I irght in thinking neither Celtic nor Rangers are playing this weekend? If it is being promoted as the last game of the season and under 16's getting in for free, as well as a possible gala day we could get a few of those neutrals along.

Both are playing at the same time. Celtic at home to Motherwell and Rangers away to Dundee Utd.

Although it'll be the first time in ages an Old Firm away game isn't on the TV so I suppose a few of them might come along.

Maybe the fill Firhill campaign is just the clubs way of saying "Thank You" to all the fans for the unstinting positive support they have given the team over what was a hard season. Or maybe the fill Firhill campaign is the clubs way of saying "Sorry" for all the past poor performances this season and the lads are going to win 17 - 0?

I'll be there and I might even invade the pitch for a laugh.

You could wear the full strip on the day, then secretly jump on the pitch and play for Thistle until the ref notices that there's someone in red and yellow actually trying. :P

Edited by Red Yell

Unless they drop the prices, this whole thing is a complete waste of time. Why the hell would a neutral or indeed a stay away Thistle fan pay £16 to watch a meaningless end of season game? I've been going constantly for 18 seasons now and there is just no way I'll be going along to watch this guff. The players and management have disgracefully under-acheived this season, they certainly don't deserve a big support.

Why do posts like this piss me off so much? Why cant I just let it go? Anyway I completely disagree, stay away Thistle fans are gona kill this Club (yes the BoD need to take a lot of blame for it but so too do us as a group of fans), and by way of makig my disagreement clear I have clicked your red dot. You may think the players and management do not deserve a big support, but what about the fans? What about the guys who go week in week out and support the club? Dont we deserve a big support? Or is it best to just leave it to the 2000 (which is a major minority of the fan base this club has (Hampden Scots Cup semi-final anyone?). I thought this new forum would bring a new atmosphere and a fresh start, silly me :thumbdown:

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Unless they drop the prices, this whole thing is a complete waste of time. Why the hell would a neutral or indeed a stay away Thistle fan pay £16 to watch a meaningless end of season game? I've been going constantly for 18 seasons now and there is just no way I'll be going along to watch this guff. The players and management have disgracefully under-acheived this season, they certainly don't deserve a big support.

Well, well, well. On the poll thread "Who we all are" your wrote this:

"I go to about 80% of away games a season and I never attend Firhill"

So what are you, a not-very-clever wind-up merchant? Somebody who just writes rubbish? Both?

• Like 2

I get very disappointed when I see posts like this, though I can understand. I've managed to get to Glasgow for three games this season and would love to be able to get to this one, and every other one for that matter. When I went home for Christmas 2008, I saw a horrendous performance against Ross County which made me almost not go to Cappielow a couple of nights later - but I thought that since I get the chance to go so rarely, that I needed to go. Another gutless performance. Come a couple of days later, I dragged myself all on my lonesome to Broadwood and it was a fantastic game, and to me it was worth sitting through 180 minutes of rubbish and having made a 600 mile round trip to see that win. Easily pleased? Maybe so.

I do understand though, when you're paying over the odds for every game it gets tedious, but to me it is such a treat to get to the football. I've tried going to some games down here, which I have enjoyed but it isn't the same.

• Like 2

I get very disappointed when I see posts like this, though I can understand. I've managed to get to Glasgow for three games this season and would love to be able to get to this one, and every other one for that matter. When I went home for Christmas 2008, I saw a horrendous performance against Ross County which made me almost not go to Cappielow a couple of nights later - but I thought that since I get the chance to go so rarely, that I needed to go. Another gutless performance. Come a couple of days later, I dragged myself all on my lonesome to Broadwood and it was a fantastic game, and to me it was worth sitting through 180 minutes of rubbish and having made a 600 mile round trip to see that win. Easily pleased? Maybe so.

I do understand though, when you're paying over the odds for every game it gets tedious, but to me it is such a treat to get to the football. I've tried going to some games down here, which I have enjoyed but it isn't the same.

Thats the thing though, your happy to be there because you don't get the chance that often. We have been rubbish in virtually all of the home games in 2010 with the exception of the win over Country and the defeat by Dundee. Rubbish is being kind in truth.

I can fully understand people without season tickets giving this one a miss, it is a waste of money.

I'm looking forward to the game purely because it marks the end of the season. It will allow a cooling off period throughout the world cup before my glass is overflowing with optimism for next season. Right now the my glass is drier than the Atacama Desert.

Thats the thing though, your happy to be there because you don't get the chance that often. We have been rubbish in virtually all of the home games in 2010 with the exception of the win over Country and the defeat by Dundee. Rubbish is being kind in truth.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, it just depresses me that something I see as a treat is viewed as tedious by people who have been going to games.

I had originally written something other than rubbish, but it would have been blocked by the filter, so changed it to rubbish.

Edited to add, I wasn't wanting it to sound like I'm better because I see it as a treat, just that I wish we weren't so bad that it's turning people away.

Edited by twinny

That's exactly what I was trying to say, it just depresses me that something I see as a treat is viewed as tedious by people who have been going to games.

I had originally written something other than rubbish, but it would have been blocked by the filter, so changed it to rubbish.

Edited to add, I wasn't wanting it to sound like I'm better because I see it as a treat, just that I wish we weren't so bad that it's turning people away.

Thats the problem, it has been that bad and it has been going on for at least half a season. People can take the odd humping, the odd poor performance, the odd game where things don't go our way, infact as Thistle fans we can take it on a far more regular basis than 'the odd time'. But when over and over again the manager is getting his tactics wrong and the players (Rowson excepted) don't seem to be bothered and aren't giving it 100% it is enough to drive anyone away. Even if we were giving it our all and simply weren't good enough it wouldn't be half as bad but the way things are just now are torturous.

Well, well, well. On the poll thread "Who we all are" your wrote this:

"I go to about 80% of away games a season and I never attend Firhill"

So what are you, a not-very-clever wind-up merchant? Somebody who just writes rubbish? Both?

My money's on both, but you could add a third option along the lines of are you a guy who just likes to patronise decent jags fans?

by way of makig my disagreement clear I have clicked your red dot.

OH MY GOD!!!!

The fan base requires a helluva lot more than a new forum if it's to be re-energised. It's also a pity your fresh start didn't include dropping the criticism of the fans who've chosen to spend their Saturday's elsewhere. Who are we to criticise anyone for making that very personal, and I'd imagine difficult decision? We've been saddled with an ineffectual, incompentant and downright insulting board, a team of underacheivers and various bullshit merchants masquerading as managers for more years than many of us care to remember. I don't blame people for drawing a line.

A forum should be used as a platform for discussion, taking various viewpoints into consideration. There are those who've grown tired of Firhill and their voices deserve to be heard. After all, surely digging into the root of disatisfaction of the stay away fan should be paramount, rather than turning a good ear to those who only have positive, upbeat things to say?

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Guest Argus

OH MY GOD!!!!

The fan base requires a helluva lot more than a new forum if it's to be re-energised. It's also a pity your fresh start didn't include dropping the criticism of the fans who've chosen to spend their Saturday's elsewhere. Who are we to criticise anyone for making that very personal, and I'd imagine difficult decision? We've been saddled with an ineffectual, incompentant and downright insulting board, a team of underacheivers and various bullshit merchants masquerading as managers for more years than many of us care to remember. I don't blame people for drawing a line.

A forum should be used as a platform for discussion, taking various viewpoints into consideration. There are those who've grown tired of Firhill and their voices deserve to be heard. After all, surely digging into the root of disatisfaction of the stay away fan should be paramount, rather than turning a good ear to those who only have positive, upbeat things to say?

That was well put. :thumbsup2: