Not That Anyone's Interested But ..

Mr Bunny

Looking through it, what strikes me is that yes, it's improved greatly from 5 years ago but there are no outstanding players which we need if we're ever to get to finals again. Hanley and Wilson may make that great centre back pairing we need but not for 2-3 years from now (at least), we're decent in midfield without being outstanding and we lack a real goal scoring forward for international level. Think we need a better manager to get the best out of us but don't see the SFA being able to do that so hope Levein turns out better than I think.

Matt Gilks, Blackpool

Allan McGregor, Rangers

Iain Turner, Everton

Phil Bardsley, Sunderland

Christophe Berra, Wolves

Gary Caldwel, Wigan

Stephen Crainey, Blackpool

Grant Hanley, Blackburn

Russell Martin, Norwich

Steven Whittaker, Rangers

Danny Wilson, Liverpool

Charlie Adam, Blackpool

Barry Bannan, Aston Villa

Scott Brown, Celtic

Kris Commons, Celtic

James Forrest, Celtic

James McArthur, Wigan

James Morrison, West Brom

Barry Robson, Middlesbro

Ross McCormack, Leeds

Craig Mackail-Smith, Peterboro

Chris Maguire, Aberdeen

Kenny Miller, Bursaspor

Steven Naismith, Rangers

Levein should kiss and make up with Fletcher we don't have many strikers scoring goals at such a high level.

Much as I dislike the idea of a national manager doing that, when you consider how he crawled to Ferguson, he's really got no excuse for not trying to persuade him to play again.

Much as I dislike the idea of a national manager doing that, when you consider how he crawled to Ferguson, he's really got no excuse for not trying to persuade him to play again.

Think we're talking about a different Fletcher here.

Think we're talking about a different Fletcher here.

Uhhm, no. I was talking about Steven Fletcher the forward. I think he's been disrespectful of the team and manager in the way he pulled out from playing for Scotland before and if we had some really good young forward coming through I'd say forget him.

But we don't and since Levein's gone as far in the past as practically crawling to Barry Ferguson to come back (and gotten a knock back) then I don't see why he doesn't at least try some diplomacy to get him back in the squad when we're desperate for decent strikers.

My comparison was nothing to do with where they play, only the fact that he crawls to one player who was even more insulting to Scotland (IMO) than Fletcher but will not make any attempt to get the other one back in the fold.

Edited by Mr Bunny

why did fletcher end up falling out, did he spit the dummy because he was left out of the squad?

Reported here among other places

To my mind was rude the way he did it (text message to SFA instead of speaking to the manager) but the message itself doesn't seem to have been insulting.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I know I might get shot for saying this but, NO Scotland manager - even the that fud Levein - should ever grovel to ANY player to play for Scotland. The top honour of being selected to play for your country, Scotland, should be the absolute priority and aspiration of every professional footballer, whoever they are or whoever they may think they are. Anybody who disrespects the call-up should be banished until THEY beg and grovel to be included again.

Just how I see the world.

I know I might get shot for saying this but, NO Scotland manager - even the that fud Levein - should ever grovel to ANY player to play for Scotland. The top honour of being selected to play for your country, Scotland, should be the absolute priority and aspiration of every professional footballer, whoever they are or whoever they may think they are. Anybody who disrespects the call-up should be banished until THEY beg and grovel to be included again.

100% in agreement.

This. x2

I would agree, but when he's brought back Boyd, McGregor, McCulloch & did everything possible to get Ferguson back, he should try his hardest to get S. Fletcher back. He's a better player than any of those, we're hardly hanging out with quality strikers.

But also this.

How often have we had a £7M striker who is banging them in for fun in the English Prem?

The one time we do, we have a total and utter fud of a manager who sucks up to guys who aren't fit to wear the shirt but says to Fletcher, you have to call me!

No matter what, tou just can't have any big headed players dictating when they wished to make an aooearance for their national team. Let them bask in the glory of telling their kids and friends that they knocked back that oportunity and couldn't produce the Caps that go with the honour. Fuds! ;)