Ancelotti Sacked At Chelsea

phoenix1876

Ancelotti was expecting the sack and appeared to be quite happy to leave with £5 million in his bank account. There is no doubt that several key players were not at their best this season - Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Essien and Lampard. Kalou was poor too and Alex was out for several months. I suspect that Abramovich is planning a clear out during the summer.

I hope Holloway gets kept on by Blackpool, and Eck at Birmingham.

Holloway will stay if he wants to.

Eck's position is precarious. Birmingham had a dreadful slump after winning the League Cup. They should have stayed up easily. Eck's blaming injuries but Sunderland had an even worse injury crisis.

Holloway will stay if he wants to.

Eck's position is precarious. Birmingham had a dreadful slump after winning the League Cup. They should have stayed up easily. Eck's blaming injuries but Sunderland had an even worse injury crisis.

Just been confirmed that Eck will remain in charge and Blackpool want to keep Holloway but admit he is likely to be in demand from Premiership clubs.

Just been confirmed that Eck will remain in charge and Blackpool want to keep Holloway but admit he is likely to be in demand from Premiership clubs.

Who in the Prem will want Holloway? As likeable as he is and as refreshing as his tactics and way of just going for it all the time are I wouldn't want him coming to my club if I supported any current Premiership teams.

As for Ancelotti, very predictable, it was probably the failure of Torres as much as the failure to win trophies this season that did for him, and I very much doubt he actually wanted Torres in the first place. It's the kind of job you can't win at, win everything and you were meant to anyway, have a good season without winning the Prem of Champions League and you're out the door.

I see Man City winning it next season, Chelsea stuttering, Man Utd were pretty fortunate to win the league this season (in comparison to their previous wins) and Arsenal are in dissaray. In fact I see 1 of them dropping out the top 4 with Liverpool moving in, although they won't be challenging for the title.

Who in the Prem will want Holloway? As likeable as he is and as refreshing as his tactics and way of just going for it all the time are I wouldn't want him coming to my club if I supported any current Premiership teams.

As for Ancelotti, very predictable, it was probably the failure of Torres as much as the failure to win trophies this season that did for him, and I very much doubt he actually wanted Torres in the first place. It's the kind of job you can't win at, win everything and you were meant to anyway, have a good season without winning the Prem of Champions League and you're out the door.

I see Man City winning it next season, Chelsea stuttering, Man Utd were pretty fortunate to win the league this season (in comparison to their previous wins) and Arsenal are in dissaray. In fact I see 1 of them dropping out the top 4 with Liverpool moving in, although they won't be challenging for the title.

:unknw: It was the Blackpool board who said it.

How can Man Utd have been fortunate in comparison when they won it by the biggest margin in years?

Spurs will win the league next season.

Clearly you are unwell or you would have known that, so I forgive you. Sir Martin Peters also forgives you, as do Sir Martin Chivers, the noble Lord Klinsmann and the Saint that is Greavsie.

Get well soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13503810.stm

"The club can confirm that manager Alex McLeish's job is safe," said acting Blues chairman Peter Pannu.

"But the board will expect him to lead the side back to the Premier League in the 2011-12 season."

It won't be easy against the likes of West Ham, Cardiff, Swansea, Forest, Leeds, Middlesborough and Leicester.

United's great strength is their home form - 18 wins, 1 draw, no losses this season. That is not the form a lucky team. United's away form was no so good this season and it should be better next season.

There will be clear outs and major re-building at Arsenal and Chelsea. Ancelotti had a relatively small squad. Arsenal have a lot of bottlers and the fans want rid of most of the first-team squad.

City are, compared to their rivals, weak defensively. Mancini's negative tactics, especially away from home, have cost them dear. They are terrible to watch at times.

Spurs will win the league next season.

Clearly you are unwell or you would have known that, so I forgive you. Sir Martin Peters also forgives you, as do Sir Martin Chivers, the noble Lord Klinsmann and the Saint that is Greavsie.

Get well soon.

You forgot the Earl of Jennings and the Duke of Gilzean.

Manchester United won the league by a handsome margin with a team going through a transitional period. I think Fergie will slightly strengthen in the summer (not too much required) and they will win the league again next season with equal comfort. They are miles ahead of the rest in that league and the manager is miles ahead of the rest of the managers.

United's great strength is their home form - 18 wins, 1 draw, no losses this season. That is not the form a lucky team. United's away form was no so good this season and it should be better next season.

There will be clear outs and major re-building at Arsenal and Chelsea. Ancelotti had a relatively small squad. Arsenal have a lot of bottlers and the fans want rid of most of the first-team squad.

City are, compared to their rivals, weak defensively. Mancini's negative tactics, especially away from home, have cost them dear. They are terrible to watch at times.

Don't think Arsenal need such huge rebuilding as you suggest but they definitely need players in certain positions. Defence is an obvious one but what they need more than a bunch of new players is one good, experienced guy who could organise the guys around him. Defending one-to-one they are OK but it's as a unit they fall down defensively.

They could also do with a hard barstweard in midfield and another forward - Chamak and Van Persie are fine but if either is injured/off form Bendtner isn't good enough.

Chelsea don't need that much either but they probably will make a lot of changes anyway as that's they way they do things - and they may see they have to to stave of the challenge of Man City.

You say that, but Chelsea only picked up 1 more point on their travels than Man Utd did (26 as opposed to 25) and Man City picked up 28 away points. Arsenal were the best "away" team of the top 4 and they got 31 points away from home. Man U only lost 4 times away from Old Trafford---better than everyone except Arsenal.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTables

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/away.html

Yup. Arsenal need a nutcase manager to take them to the next level.

Ancelloti would be a good choice to replace Wenger who has lost the plot. Arsenal's first choice 11 are great but the rest of the squad, especially in defence, is weak.