Main Stand

ken1876

Has anyone got any drawings/artists impressions etc, of what the plans are for the city end of Firhill and the main stand? I heard the main stand will be turned into one row of seats with something similar at the city end? If this is true i think it will be a total disaster for Firhill :mad2:

Has anyone got any drawings/artists impressions etc, of what the plans are for the city end of Firhill and the main stand? I heard the main stand will be turned into one row of seats with something similar at the city end? If this is true i think it will be a total disaster for Firhill :mad2:

can't be any worse than what we have now, an unused old stand & an unsightly mound. Add in an away stand thats getting used less & less. It's grim already. With hindsight the Jackie Husband is too big. 2 x 3000 stands along each side & 2 x 1000 stands behind each goal would have been much better.

I would still love to put the shed boys in the North Stand (ffs give it a name BOD!!) even if it's not our traditional end. They could get an atmosphere going in there. Put away fans in the City end of the JH, it's not like we get that many anyway nowadays

can't be any worse than what we have now, an unused old stand & an unsightly mound. Add in an away stand thats getting used less & less. It's grim already. With hindsight the Jackie Husband is too big. 2 x 3000 stands along each side & 2 x 1000 stands behind each goal would have been much better.

I would still love to put the shed boys in the North Stand (ffs give it a name BOD!!) even if it's not our traditional end. They could get an atmosphere going in there. Put away fans in the City end of the JH, it's not like we get that many anyway nowadays

Ah1 But we will need JH stand when we are in SPL and the OF scum come calling :rolleyes:

I never understand the argument that the Jackie Husband Stand, on reflection was too big or should have been smaller, when it was built. I suppose with on field catastrophes such as Tannadice 96, the Ayr relegation in 98 and the Gerry Collins/Britton+Whyte/Campbell era are handy to use against it. Hindsights a great thing though.

It replaced what was there before, as it should have done.

It would be a good idea to switch the JH around giving away fans the City End and home fans the north 2/3 of the JH and the North Stand (renamed the John Lambie Stand). Would give a better atmosphere with home fans in both areas able to hear each other and join in and it would also give us an end to attack, the importance of which should not be underestimated.

I agree with you 2x 3000 stands and 2x 1000 would be a lot better. I wonder if we'd be better off selling up and building a new ground, we'd probably get a decent amount of money being fairly close to the west end. I don't think there was anything wrong with building the JH 6000+, at the time the potential of the club was huge but doesn't really suit now. :thinking:

I agree with uberbeeb, give us an end to attack! I may result in a very empty JH but at least the team would have a backing behind then in one half and something to focus attack the next. I also think the North Stand should be called the John Lambie Coop!

Given the number of years the "North" stand has been built it is appauling that it was never named. I can also see the benefit of having Jags fans in there as it would generate a better atmosphere and as already stated give the team an end to attack.

As for the naming of it, as much as John Lambie contributed to the history of Partick Thistle for me Davie McParland should be the first to be honoured. This would also be a good year to finally do it.

I agree with uberbeeb, give us an end to attack! I may result in a very empty JH but at least the team would have a backing behind then in one half and something to focus attack the next. I also think the North Stand should be called the John Lambie Coop!

Given the number of years the "North" stand has been built it is appauling that it was never named. I can also see the benefit of having Jags fans in there as it would generate a better atmosphere and as already stated give the team an end to attack.

As for the naming of it, as much as John Lambie contributed to the history of Partick Thistle for me Davie McParland should be the first to be honoured. This would also be a good year to finally do it.

The George Easton Stand.

In the online queationnaire they had on the official site I mentioned renaming the North Stand the John Lambie Stand many times! :thumbsup2: It should happen, but while he is still alive (which he hopefully will be for many years to come). Doing something after someone dies, although still good, always seems like an after thought to me.

In the online queationnaire they had on the official site I mentioned renaming the North Stand the John Lambie Stand many times! :thumbsup2: It should happen, but while he is still alive (which he hopefully will be for many years to come). Doing something after someone dies, although still good, always seems like an after thought to me.

Sometimes such peopple might not wish for things to be named after them whilst they're alive. Mind you, as someone who seemed to always refer to themselves in the third person, I doubt that Lambie would have such qualms.

I can just hear him "This stand isn't about John Lambie........" :rolleyes:

Edited by Allan Heron

It would be a good idea to switch the JH around giving away fans the City End and home fans the north 2/3 of the JH and the North Stand (renamed the John Lambie Stand). Would give a better atmosphere with home fans in both areas able to hear each other and join in and it would also give us an end to attack, the importance of which should not be underestimated.

Great idea, would be better to have the away support up there.

Re North Stand: Rather then name after one person, what about calling it the Legends Stand with names of the past - big enough to see from the rest of the ground.

Never know may inspire some to get up there name up there in the future.