Will The Main Stand Be Open For Visit Of Celtic?

general george

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the habitual SPL runners-up will be visiting Firhill soon, will we require to open the main stand? Given that the so-called "greatest fans in the world" will surely fill every seat in the stadium that is available to them!

don't think they fill staduims when its their u19s playing

don't think they fill staduims when its their u19s playing

Might be some older fringe players as well but agree ... if we're lucky, i.e. it's a nice day, no other footie on the telly, maybe one or two 'name' but fringe or recovering players who don't go off on their trip , then we might see a good turn out - but I'd imagine it would be in hundreds, not thousands. If we're unlucky - wet day, etc. then 100 maybe 200 at most.

I have a feeling that some people are attaching too much to this match. I'd expect this to be a team of tim youths; hardly likely to attract the giro-dependent in their droves.

My thinking as well.

As far as I'm aware Celtic will just have returned from their Australian trip. Conservative estimates indicate they'll take about 200000 fans out there and the vast majority will not have returned in time. That leaves an estimated 300000 of their loyal fanbase. The match takes place on the Fair Weekend. So when you factor in so much of their support will be on holiday, more so on remand plus many others taking their annual pilgrimage to be treated for their acute paranoia it's unlikely they'll even fill half the North Stand.

............fug me. <_<

just take it for what it is, a wee money earner,

stop *****in about with stupid two faced innuendo's and enjoy the occasion!

disny matter if it's the wains playing us,

the point is, the Tims are at Firhell!

& we all will be havin a good time.

could be worse, it mighta been the fuggin h*ns thirteenth team!!

would that still have been a moan?

doubt it.

any "big" name mob that can be arsed sending any 11 men wimmin or wains to play us Has to be welcomed.

Jeeze! :blink:

Edited by Davie Thistle

............fug me. <_<

just take it for what it is, a wee money earner,

stop *****in about with stupid two faced innuendo's and enjoy the occasion!

disny matter if it's the wains playing us,

the point is, the Tims are at Firhell!

& we all will be havin a good time.

could be worse, it mighta been the fuggin h*ns thirteenth team!!

would that still have been a moan?

doubt it.

any "big" name mob that can be arsed sending any 11 men wimmin or wains to play us Has to be welcomed.

Jeeze! :blink:

best post so far :thumbsup2:

Lowest opinion of Thistle so far you mean.

Happy to scrabble for old firm crumbs. Pathetic.

a chance to get some money off the old filth that could help the team... yeah def a bad idea :wall:

i am pretty sure you are one of the ones who have been banging on about not spendfing money to improve the team, well heres a chance to get some money (no matter how much) and you dont want it :unknw:

i would even say thnks as i took there money

a chance to get some money off the old filth that could help the team... yeah def a bad idea :wall:

i am pretty sure you are one of the ones who have been banging on about not spendfing money to improve the team, well heres a chance to get some money (no matter how much) and you dont want it :unknw:

i would even say thnks as i took there money

No offence, but can I get a wee shot of the rose tinted specs that let you see thousands of shellik fans snapping up every available seat at Firhill for this friendly? Lucky if we get a couple of hundred of them. We'd have been better off playing an SPL or even Div1 or Div 2 (arguably even Div 3) first team. We'd have gotten a bigger away support than we can expect from a fixture with either of the Ugly Sister's 5th team.

Come on folks.... reality check please.

No offence, but can I get a wee shot of the rose tinted specs that let you see thousands of shellik fans snapping up every available seat at Firhill for this friendly? Lucky if we get a couple of hundred of them. We'd have been better off playing an SPL or even Div1 or Div 2 (arguably even Div 3) first team. We'd have gotten a bigger away support than we can expect from a fixture with either of the Ugly Sister's 5th team.

Name all these teams who would bring a bigger away crowd to a pre-season friendly at Firhill. I went to Clyde v Hibs pre-season friendly a couple of years ago and Hibs brought around 150-200 fans out of a crowd of 900 if they were lucky and that was a first team game too. Celtic and Rangers on the other hand have a history of bring decent enough crowds to watch a mixture of youth and first team players with such massive games as the Jock Stein Memorial Cup v Albion Rovers or Rangers away to Queens, Stirling and Clyde in recent seasons. I don't think anyone is expecting them to sell out the away end but they should bring a crowd of enough to actually justify the game being played, especially since it's their first pre-season game in Scotland and on a Saturday afternoon.

It might be you who requires a reality check if you really believe teams at division 1 level or below would bring a comparable crowd for a pre-season friendly.

better than your painted black ones, where did i say thousands? or are you just making stuff up again.

i did say no matter how much we get.

last i looked celtic were a spl team.

why would we want to play a div 1 one team (again ) when we are going to play them 4 times this season at least???

its a friendly we might make some cash out of it whats your problem apart from a massive chip on your shoulder?

the only person that seems to need a reality check is you :thumbsup2:

better than your painted black ones, where did i say thousands? or are you just making stuff up again.

i did say no matter how much we get.

last i looked celtic were a spl team.

why would we want to play a div 1 one team (again ) when we are going to play them 4 times this season at least???

its a friendly we might make some cash out of it whats your problem apart from a massive chip on your shoulder?

the only person that seems to need a reality check is you :thumbsup2:

My point was in response to your implication that we'd make a lot of cash from playing Celtic's reserve reserve reserve team. Fact is we won't, and fact is we'd attract more income from a friendly with any other first team in Scotland. Bet then you know this and you're just being obtuse to distract attention from your wrongness :thumbsup2:

My point was in response to your implication that we'd make a lot of cash from playing Celtic's reserve reserve reserve team. Fact is we won't, and fact is we'd attract more income from a friendly with any other first team in Scotland. Bet then you know this and you're just being obtuse to distract attention from your wrongness :thumbsup2:

where? i will repeat it again no matter how much we make

unless you have a time machine it cant be a fact just your opionion :thumbsup2:

no i will leave that side of things to you :thumbsup::innocent2:

where? i will repeat it again no matter how much we make

unless you have a time machine it cant be a fact just your opionion :thumbsup2:

no i will leave that side of things to you :thumbsup::innocent2:

:lol:

Keep wriggling on that hook :lol:

But if you don't agree with the fact (or opinion) that we will get very very few of the "worlds greatest fans" at Firhill for a friendly with their 5th squad, and that we'd make more from a friendly with any other non-old-firm team, then I repeat my remark about rose coloured specs. Time will tell..... I'll just jump into my Tardis now and come back and tell you the crowd size ;)

CLICKY

Announced at 1,026...... 1000 of which were/will be/is Jags fans (could never get my head around quantum mechanics) The pie of the week is/will be/was on sale..... Humble Pie... I bought you one ;)

Name all these teams who would bring a bigger away crowd to a pre-season friendly at Firhill. I went to Clyde v Hibs pre-season friendly a couple of years ago and Hibs brought around 150-200 fans out of a crowd of 900 if they were lucky and that was a first team game too. Celtic and Rangers on the other hand have a history of bring decent enough crowds to watch a mixture of youth and first team players with such massive games as the Jock Stein Memorial Cup v Albion Rovers or Rangers away to Queens, Stirling and Clyde in recent seasons. I don't think anyone is expecting them to sell out the away end but they should bring a crowd of enough to actually justify the game being played, especially since it's their first pre-season game in Scotland and on a Saturday afternoon.

It might be you who requires a reality check if you really believe teams at division 1 level or below would bring a comparable crowd for a pre-season friendly.

A crowd of 1,893 turned up for Kenny Arthur's Testimonial against a Celtic reserve reserve reserve team so oh yeah I bow to your vastly superior take on this. And how many of the 1,893 do you reckon were your sellik chums.

Hatstand

As I understand it the objective is to make more money than we did last season (in all areas of the club). Last season we played Bristol Rovers midweek and got a crowd of 936. I would anticipate that playing on a Saturday against a reserve Celtic side would result in a larger crowd (by how much is hard to say) and thus generate more money than last season. What we then need is more season tickets sold and more paying punters on matchdays, etc.