New Strip Leak!

jagscast

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like This ?

Now you're talkin'... Quality top IMO. Not sure I like the new top and as for the collar; hmm, bit dated for me. What about a Fred Perry-type collar? Might appeal to the Mod, Skin and Northern Soul brigade who are searching for a football club of choice.

Edited by Meister Jag

Greaves was filled with the usual suspects at lunchtime. Jackie was wearing a suit but Sid was still obliged to traipse about in the full kit along with Archie. The black shorts/socks work well with the top.

Was going to buy one but didn't as the material not really suitable for a casual top. There was also the complete lack of confidence on my part that their XXL would suffice :secret:

Got mine tonight! just on the sizing thing - I'm always a "medium" although the "medium" top I bought feels more like a small ... to be on the safe side guys, I'd go for a size up from normal ...

Really do like the strip.

However, if I got my hands on one without the sponsor logo on it, I would die a happy man (nothing against macb)

I know that both old firm teams make a certain amount of sponsor free shirts available on request whenever they bring a new top out. Would be great if we could do the same, although I guess macb would have a lot to say about that!

Got mine tonight! just on the sizing thing - I'm always a "medium" although the "medium" top I bought feels more like a small ... to be on the safe side guys, I'd go for a size up from normal ...

Had reservations when I saw the mock-up but the real thing looks a lot better.

Only downside was they only had socks for size 3-6, curious how they thought guys that need tops beginning with an 'X' manage to stand up with feet that small!

Second visit will be required.

Absolutely love the look of the strip - Great design.

However, when i went in to buy it i decided against it. I may be the only one but i think the quality of the material is a disgrace for £40. Cheap and nasty rubbish. Compare it to other Puma kits of the same price and its shocking that we are being asked to pay a premium price for an inferior product. Glad the team will be playing in a cracker of a strip but I wont be buying it. Looks aside, the quality of the Puma product has been pretty poor since the first kit they made for us.

However, when i went in to buy it i decided against it. I may be the only one but i think the quality of the material is a disgrace for £40. Cheap and nasty rubbish. Compare it to other Puma kits of the same price and its shocking that we are being asked to pay a premium price for an inferior product. Glad the team will be playing in a cracker of a strip but I wont be buying it. Looks aside, the quality of the Puma product has been pretty poor since the first kit they made for us.

The Blackpool Jags jury is very much out on this; I really don't like the idea of us having a top that's difficult to distinguish from those of other clubs - We Are Thistle and all that. If, as seems the case, it's some sort of tribute to the class of '71, then it should look a damn sight more like the strip of '71. I don't see me buying it any time soon so will probably buy the proper retro '71 top instead just to make my pathetic wee point. :(

We should complain to the club and Greaves if the quality is so poor. Puma should not treat Jags fans as second class mugs.

We should complain to the club and Greaves if the quality is so poor. Puma should not treat Jags fans as second class mugs.

Agreed, we should never be treated as second class mugs...

...coz we're first class mugs :rocker:

In fairness, Puma have treated us pretty well throughout our deal. A few of our kits have been unique to us. The salmon/grey horizontal stripes (the colouring, I mean), the camouflage one, this seasons one - I haven't seen any other club with that design yet. Plus, the Centenary top which was cracking.

The quality might not be great, but as I've said, I have a top which is thinner than the norm, and that might be the way kit manufacturers are going from now on.

Edited by Smurph