Just In

Stoggy

i think everyone is being rather negative, but for some weak finishing, bad decisions, and some extremely questionable offside decisions, we could have walked that game today by several goals,

yes worrying that we made it tough for ourself in the end, but at least we were creating chances, how many times have we laboured through without that, we deserved to win easily today.

people criticising bannigan is very harsh, hes a young player and yes he made some bad passes to the opposition but on the whole I thought he played well, for a guy who was playing about his 10th game for us at most in probably the most responsible position in the whole team, I thought he did well, looks a better player than cairney and many previous incumbants of that position.

Also erskine didnt play to anything like last weeks level but he wasnt as bad as people are claiming.

we won, and it was the first game, we are hardly gona be up to full speed, people need to chil out till the league is a few games old to get a proper perspective.

Pretty much every team in the league has sold or realeased first team players and for once we have a fairly settled line up, I don't expect us to storm the league or anything daft like that, but the panic of some after one cup game ( which we won!) is ridiculous

See no need to be concerned we were always in control, although a bit flat at time in the second half.

Do not agree about Bannigan being a weak link, would certainly stick with him in midfield.

IMO Sinclair was MOM, worked hard throughout and picked out a lot of good passes. Rowser running him a close second.

Not brilliant, however a lot of good signs, with Stewart being positive up front. May have missed a couple though I believe he may edge Doolan to top goal scorer.

Erskine was Erskine,I got a little stick recently for suggesting his first touch needed improving however I still believe that to be the case. Not hi best game, though still expecting him to come good over the season. Maybe not consistent, but still good enough to turn games now and again.

To be honest I did not see anything to give any real concern in the season ahead. Although we were caught offside to often, - I know some were dodgy decisions but overall we were a bit weak along the line - we had a few good moves that I expect us to finish more as the season progresses.

Hopefully Doolan is ok, as Kris and Tommy look like they could be a very effective pairing, aided by Erskine roaming just behind.

For me Sinclair looks a real find. Don't understand the comments re Paton, just back after a long layoff, a couple of more games under his belt and he will be fine.

Overall happy, we went through and in all honesty were fairly comfortable. Stenny may have had a couple of changes but we had a few more. For first game in, a decent enough performance with room for improvement. No reason to be concerned.

I seen 2, in close proximity of each other!! wasnt wearing mine

Had mine on, saw one other close to the front in line with the press box sitting with guy and lady (white top with thin hoops). If he looked behind he would have seen McCall sitting with Cowan. Although Cowan has come in for some critism here, I've seen him at Motherwell, Dumbarton and also todays game. Would guess he was at the Celtic game too, and as for Blyth possibly but my recollections from that one are a little hazy! Is easy to give directors stick, though to be fair he is clearly a fan just like us on here now.(Light touchpaper and retreat...but sticking by it.)

Not a great performance but got the win in what was essentially another a pre-season game. Added a bit more match fitness for the real stuff that starts in a couple of weeks.

Sinclair looks a great athlete but very raw. Lots of potential though. Doolan didn't have the best of games but I still expect he and Stewart to be amongst the leading scorers in the league this year (optimistic maybe!). Thought Bannigan did ok. Was always looking for the ball and while he misplaced some passes he never hid. Totally different sort of player from Cairney who makes a lot more forward runs so doesn't look to pick up the ball from the back 4.

Was sat right behind McCall. Obvious he still cares a lot about the team. There was a few "Come on Chrissie"s when Erskine got on the ball and he was hanging his head at missed opportunities the same as any other Jags fan.

Had mine on, saw one other close to the front in line with the press box sitting with guy and lady (white top with thin hoops). If he looked behind he would have seen McCall sitting with Cowan. Although Cowan has come in for some critism here, I've seen him at Motherwell, Dumbarton and also todays game. Would guess he was at the Celtic game too, and as for Blyth possibly but my recollections from that one are a little hazy! Is easy to give directors stick, though to be fair he is clearly a fan just like us on here now.(Light touchpaper and retreat...but sticking by it.)

As a fellow fan I think we should back off him and let him enjoy his football, pain, misery and elation with the rest of us.

Yesterday's game had its moments and we had our chances, at times it did resemble a pre-season training game but then when we worked the ball some of the stuff - which, okay, rarely came off - was pleasing on the eye. Thinking passing move at start of second half in particular. Sinclair strolled through the game and showed a bit of grit in a genuine 50:50 tackle and near post header to clear danger. I agree, he looks like a real find. Pretty sure also that he was told not to push up too far; although at times his flank offered tons of space.

All in all, not the best game I've been at and I'll be back... which I've been saying for a few decades now :blink:

was following along on the text updates. Always better to start the season with a win, even if we didn't play as well as we could have. Knowing we'd won made for a good start on my trip to Chicago to see Man U play. They're impressive but, also didn't play particularly well yesterday. Rooney and Nani scored right in front of our seats so my son (unfortunately a ManU fan) was thrilled. we went for his birthday so I guess that makes it better. looking forward to seeing how we adjust for the next match.