Worst Fans In Scotland?

Ultras Thistle

Sounds good to me!!

The only thing is, it will need to be a group that will consistantly be there (including away matches)and support the team and not only for the big games.

Organising displays, banners etc. is all in the act of tryin to bring a bit better atmosphere to the club. No harm done.

Edited by joshjag

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me!!

The only thing is, it will need to be a group that will consistantly be there (including away matches)and support the team and not only for the big games.

Organising displays, banners etc. is all in the act of tryin to bring a bit better atmosphere to the club. No harm done. Id happily participate :D

Good man, we're still looking for numbers, they'll all be begging to join once we get up and running :P, and wether we decide to brand ourselves 'Ultras' or not will be entirely up to the group :thumbsup2:

Good man, we're still looking for numbers, they'll all be begging to join once we get up and running :P, and wether we decide to brand ourselves 'Ultras' or not will be entirely up to the group :thumbsup2:

Probably a few other people i know interested :D Get as many peole as you can together. Agree with not branding us as ultras and maybe something just like " The red and yellow army"?

Edited by joshjag

Having been with the home crowd for the Stirling vs Auchinleck Talbot Scottish Cup game last season, I was surprised at the amount of abuse and moaning coming from the home fans. I suspect any stranger at any game will pick up on the negativity regular home supporters learn to tune out.

Thistle ultras *cringe* will be a bunch of wee guys with no clue who's voices aint dropped.If you get to get some atmosphere going get some proper geezers there less woman n families

:o how would a guy, just because he's wee, not have a clue if a voice has dropped?

Oh and congrats in using the word get three times in a space of seven words :thumbsup2:

I aint got any bother with improving the atmosphere but little kids trying to copy what they see ac milan doing aint the answer.Stevie lennon wanted to come here to score goals to copperwire us into the spl and get in the rangers team.Gd premise but it didn't work .Plenty of projects and things with good intentions but if there gonna fail in the end.They don't deserve your support for the sake of it.

Ultras aint got the nasty streak.Plastic atmosphere for clubs like livi.Real clubs shouldn't need displays to whip up the atmosphere.Should be loud and hate filled already.

Yep ...we saw it a few weeks back and the replies to the groundhoppers are on the wearethistle site on the penultimate page

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/index.php?/topic/159-worst-fans-partick-thistle/ :thumbsup2:

Sorry mate i didnt see you already had a thread on this article

Edited by Ultras Thistle

The sentiment here is exactly the kind of theing I'd be up for but a couple of things...

Are you looking for people to join up to this group or just join in?

Branding us anything is a bit dodgy, 'Ultras' and 'Shed boys' are especially *cheese*. I like the idea of 'The Firhill Aggro' but maybe the use of Aggro might come across as a bit casual-esque.

As for needing to get regular groups of fans going home and away who like to create an atmosphere, we have those folk already. The are in about three or four wee groups but ogften are in the same areas of the stands at away games and all in The Shed for home games. We try to get some singing on the go, there are a fair number of us and it would be an ideal place to start with this idea of yours. You might be one of the guys in the groups I speak of so you will know who to speak to, if you aint one of those guys/gals then I'm sure the ones on here will make themselves known.

Good luck with this, good to see someone put a bit of effort into it :thumbsup2:

Hearts used to have a Gorgie Aggro which fought with other fans but werent casuals. It does sound quite casual-esque though.

Anyway it isnt the name that matters its the atmosphere that this group will be able to generate. The regular fans are already going to games so we just need to try and get those who are willing to participate in singing etc to sit together and raise the noise level.

We may not be able to do anything about the quality on the pitch but we can help to improve the atmosphere and make firhill a great place to watch football again.

Edited by Ultras Thistle

Hearts used to have a Gorgie Aggro which fought with other fans but werent casuals. It does sound quite casual-esque though.

Anyway it isnt the name that matters its the atmosphere that this group will be able to generate. The regular fans are already going to games so we just need to try and get those who are willing to participate in singing etc to sit together and raise the noise level.

We may not be able to do anything about the quality on the pitch but we can help to improve the atmosphere and make firhill a great place to watch football again.

Like we have with The Shed? It would be ideal for away games, what's more likely to improve the atmosphere at Firhill is maybe 10/15 of these group members in each section of the JHS (outwith the shed) to sing along and try to get those around them singing too. Remember the recent rangers games where the usual 'singers' were dotted about the stand, great atmosphere. But the way the JHS is structured would be a problem :thinking:

Like we have with The Shed? It would be ideal for away games, what's more likely to improve the atmosphere at Firhill is maybe 10/15 of these group members in each section of the JHS (outwith the shed) to sing along and try to get those around them singing too. Remember the recent rangers games where the usual 'singers' were dotted about the stand, great atmosphere. But the way the JHS is structured would be a problem :thinking:

I can see where you are coming from. People are more likley to sing if people round about them are singing and this would add to the overall atmosphere. There is no point in just one corner of the stand singing.

The atmosphere at the rangers game was brilliant but we need to try and emulate that for every game and not just for the special occasion

Any more suggestions on how we could try and impropve the atmosphere would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by Ultras Thistle

I sincerely hope that eejit that used to go on about the green brigade on jagsforum.net isnt involved in any way...

Im all for more atmosphere at games however 'ultras' are a bit cringey.

Aye fair does mate. We dont have to be classed as ultras. It was just a suggestion but a few people dont like it so we will be called whatever the majority who are willing to particpate wants to be called.

I want to change my name on the forum to get rid of the ultra part in my name but dont know how :( Thats why its got ultras in it.

The sentiment here is exactly the kind of theing I'd be up for but a couple of things...

Are you looking for people to join up to this group or just join in?

Branding us anything is a bit dodgy, 'Ultras' and 'Shed boys' are especially *cheese*. I like the idea of 'The Firhill Aggro' but maybe the use of Aggro might come across as a bit casual-esque.

As for needing to get regular groups of fans going home and away who like to create an atmosphere, we have those folk already. The are in about three or four wee groups but ogften are in the same areas of the stands at away games and all in The Shed for home games. We try to get some singing on the go, there are a fair number of us and it would be an ideal place to start with this idea of yours. You might be one of the guys in the groups I speak of so you will know who to speak to, if you aint one of those guys/gals then I'm sure the ones on here will make themselves known.

Good luck with this, good to see someone put a bit of effort into it :thumbsup2:

Agree with your points. The usual "shed boys" would hopefully be up for something like this as well as the people trying to start the group. Banners, displays etc. are all things im sure most fans would like to see more of and starting this could bring a better atmosphere at both firhill and away games.

I sincerely hope that eejit that used to go on about the green brigade on jagsforum.net isnt involved in any way...

Im all for more atmosphere at games however 'ultras' are a bit cringey.

haha. that eedgit would be me. and no im not involved in any of this stuff but think its good to see more people coming to this correct way of thinking. maybe your time will come too my friend ;):D

There's nothing worse than a manufactured atmosphere. Fair play to the guys who are trying to gee the place up, but the Rangers games are examples of matches where there's an unforced buzz about the place. A 'wear your colours with pride' day or a 'Fill Firhill' are good in isolation, but they become suffocating if you attempt too many of them.

There's nothing worse than a manufactured atmosphere. Fair play to the guys who are trying to gee the place up, but the Rangers games are examples of matches where there's an unforced buzz about the place. A 'wear your colours with pride' day or a 'Fill Firhill' are good in isolation, but they become suffocating if you attempt too many of them.

How do you work that out ?