Mccall Green Light

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coco was a hit and miss player IMO. He would coast through some games and struggle to make an impact in others. What does this mean for us though in regards to wide options though? Sure Cairney is a competent player on the right but I;d rather we got some natural width (particularly on the right as Erskine is a natural left winger). Would like to see Sid and Jackie back, don't want Maxwell back as he is slow and past it and offers no tactical/coaching nouse that would benefit the players in my opinion.

don't want Maxwell back as he...offers no tactical/coaching nouse that would benefit the players

Now that just looks like an uninformed opinion. From memory, Maxwell manages/coaches an amateur team in Moodiesburn during the week. I've said that I don't see a role for him at Firhill, but that's due to McNamara's presence, not a reflection on his coaching abilities.

If the cash freed up by the departure of those two is going towards the old lads, where's the money for new faces going to come from?

To me common sense woul dhave indicated that the money for McNamara and Donnelly would be from the wages of the recently released mcNamara and Donnelly.

That the wages for Hinchcliffe would be covered by the recently released Hinchcliffes wages.

That the wages for Maxwell as Assistant Manager would be covered by the wages that were formerly allocated to Assistant Manager Davie Irons.

That would mean the new signings would be from the wages that have been freed up the releases (some of them quite a while ago) of - Jim Hamilton, Ricky Little, Steve Lovell, Steven McKeown, Martin Corrigan, Ryan Conroy, Bryn Halliwell, Greg Shields and Ian Maxwell the player (since Ian Maxwell would be taken the wage formely of Davie Irons). Also the freed up wage as a result of Jonny Tuffey moving on would also to me have also been used to bring in new players. If we got rid of Corcoran and Boyle they would represent even more extra.

Too me that would seem like common sense, unfortunately the way these cutbacks are this doesnt look like being the case.

Edited by Third Lanark

By looking for someone who is already an established coach?

Sorry, I was meaning how do you know that Maxwell "offers no tactical/coaching nous that would benefit the players"? You may well be right for all I know. Just wondered if you had some closer knowledge.

Oh, and have you any established coaches in mind? I can think of only one well thought of coach currently not working that may be in our price range. Can't see many indeed if any experienced coaches giving up their current employment to come to us.

I have no idea whatsoever whether Maxwell is/would be any good in the coaching department. I do know, though, that I would feel far more comfortable than I do at the moment if we were given some sort of assurance that he would not, under any circumstances, be playing for us again. To me he epitomises the term 'washed up'.

With Hinchcliffe as number 2 goalkeeper again, who should we sign as our number 1?

Is McCall waiting for season ticket money to re-sign Halliwell?

Are we in for another keeper?

As I just posted on another thread, yes, I believe we are.

I have no idea whatsoever whether Maxwell is/would be any good in the coaching department. I do know, though, that I would feel far more comfortable than I do at the moment if we were given some sort of assurance that he would not, under any circumstances, be playing for us again. To me he epitomises the term 'washed up'.

I'm sure we'll be told, he's listed as a player for emergencies only, but I can see him playing quite often, sadly. We'll have Robbo, Archie, Kinniburgh & Maxwell, if no-one else signs. Maxy was preferred over Kinniburgh this season, so I can see Maxy getting a fair few games.

Pity it isnt Colin McMenamin!!!

He's Colin McMenamin's brother.

Reliably informed that he's a decent finisher but not a player that would be likely to make the step up. Another Cumnock boy, Graeme Wilson, seems to be the one that could make the move to senior if any from the Cumnock side were to.

Feckin brilliant news, that's just made my close season, Jackie Mac and Sid are the future and i'm delighted they are to be our youth coaches.

Sid a waste of a wage? get real!!!!! , key playing role? ok that is slightly suspect, but two excellent signings as youth coaches all the same.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:

Simon Donkey is a total waste of space and should be up at Glasgow Sherrif Court for a theft of wages. Get real get rid as soon as possible as he is probably one of the highest wage earners at Firhill and doing very little over a season for it. Weather nice Simon like is Weather not so nice Simon nowhere to be seen. There are players out there who will give you more over the whole season and thats what we need not glorified coaches

Simon Donkey is a total waste of space and should be up at Glasgow Sherrif Court for a theft of wages. Get real get rid as soon as possible as he is probably one of the highest wage earners at Firhill and doing very little over a season for it. Weather nice Simon like Weather not so nice Simon nowhere to be seen. There are players out there who will give you more over the whole season and thats what we need not glorified coaches

How do you know this?

As far as I know he's been on a pay as you play contract, which last season seemed to get more out of him than previously. Wasn't he our second highest goalscorer last season?

And let the Donnelly hating start again...he is one of the best players I have seen in a long time at Thistle, look at the work he does off the ball rather than just on it.

Going by the logic of some of the posts on this thread let's get rid of Rowson then, he didn't score in the league last season, he wont be on a low wage, so he is therefore rendered useless! He is a fantasic player, wealth of experiance, and is very clever, just because the rest of our players are to brain-dead to latch onto his clever through balls etc doesnt make Donnelly a bad player, so pipe down!

I dont know where McCall is getting the money from to do this, I handed my season ticket cheque in 3weeks ago and still it is yet to be cashed, they are obviously not that desperate for the money or they would have cashed it weeks ago.