No Signings For A While Yet It Seems...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Season ticket sales have been steady, and are ahead of the equivalent figure last year. The Greaves discount vouchers are a must for the new home strip- to be launched in a few weeks time. The APEX hotel offer gives an opportunity to spend a luxury weekend in Dundee planned around an away fixture. Caulders garden centre gives Summer and Winter offers for active gardeners and couch potatoes. Free entry is again available to a rugby game of your choice from our friends at Glasgow Warriors. With at least one free home friendly against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday 20th July 2010, this years season ticket has never been better value. They will be available for issue by early July."

I officially LOL'd at this, what a load of garbage, a discount for overpriced rubbish hotels in terrible locations and something about gardening. The only thing of any value in it is the Warriors ticket (and these work out good for me cause I gobble them up off the anti-egg brigade and see loads of games for nowt :D )

And does the tone of that not imply that if we get some more season ticket sales then McCall will complete his dream signing of Maxi. Surely thats a disinsentive to renew?

I guess when they say they will 'assess the success' of the u16s scheme during the season, what they mean is to expect it to be the next thing they cut when we're hard up next time.

Also, a 'free' home friendly? Friendlies should be on the bloody thing in the first place!!!!!

Edited by PaleGreySky

"Season ticket sales have allowed the manager to make offers to Craig Hinchcliffe, Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly, all of which will combine playing and coaching roles. Ian McCall has a detailed wish list, including Ian Maxwell, a further goalkeeper, additional youth players and others. These are totally dependent on budgets and will be progressed if and when finance allows."

No surprises but the squad has too many players over 30 and we cannot rely on youth. McCall needs at least 4 senior signings - right back to compete with Paton, left-back to replace Boyle, midfielder to replace Corcoran and a proven striker. An additional loan signing to cover for Archie may be needed too.

I've never been more underwhelmed in my life.

So according to the statement, we have to fork out season ticket cash or we'll be starting the season with Hinchcliffe in goal.

My enthusiasm has been sapped to the point where there is very little left. Normally I am counting the minutes until we are back in action again but right now, I couldn't care less.

I take it Paddy Boyle saying he wants to stay at Firhill didn't do it for you?

Howzabout the re-seeding of the pitch is coming along nicely :thumbsup2: That not get you popping the Bollinger?

You have to question the contracts and extensions that McCall gave to Boyle, Corcoran, Kinniburgh, Doolan, Paton and Hodge. How can you celebrate the prospect of a team featuring (and coached by) the duds that had the worst 1st Division record in 2010?

I know it's not the signings this thread is all about but the news of tonight's two newcomers in its own way is encouraging. I'm more or less resolved to a forthcoming season of mid-tableness at best. So if that's all we achieve but at the same time our younger players have fought their way into the team and there's others on their way then I'll consider the season a minor success.

In the games I've seen, Shaun Fraser appears to be a good lad with an excellent attitude. I'm fairly sure he's a fair bit younger than the rest of the last season's under 19s but appears to have a lot of strength about him and as they say knows where the goal is. We appear to have moved very quickly to sign the other lad so fingers crossed.

I really hope if we are to have a poorish season that we're well clear of the bottom two and safe from relegation early enough to play the younger lads.

I know it's not the signings this thread is all about but the news of tonight's two newcomers in its own way is encouraging. I'm more or less resolved to a forthcoming season of mid-tableness at best. So if that's all we achieve but at the same time our younger players have fought their way into the team and there's others on their way then I'll consider the season a minor success.

In the games I've seen, Shaun Fraser appears to be a good lad with an excellent attitude. I'm fairly sure he's a fair bit younger than the rest of the last season's under 19s but appears to have a lot of strength about him and as they say knows where the goal is. We appear to have moved very quickly to sign the other lad so fingers crossed.

I really hope if we are to have a poorish season that we're well clear of the bottom two and safe from relegation early enough to play the younger lads.

The boy Jordan is some player. I played against him last season, and he's sensational. He's got great pace, strength, good in the air, nice touch, comfortable with either foot and can put the ball in the back of the net. He'll only be 16, so hopefully he can strengthen his game. ANd I'm no expert but I think he's got a future in the game. However, when things don't go on his way, he can through a tantrum, but I'm sure that will be forced out of him.

The boy Jordan is some player. I played against him last season, and he's sensational. He's got great pace, strength, good in the air, nice touch, comfortable with either foot and can put the ball in the back of the net. He'll only be 16, so hopefully he can strengthen his game. ANd I'm no expert but I think he's got a future in the game. However, when things don't go on his way, he can through a tantrum, but I'm sure that will be forced out of him.

That sounds really encouraging. Do you know if other clubs were sniffin' about, Santana?

Sounds good Santana, where did we get him from ?

He was with Raith Rovers BC last season, who were formerly named Park Villa BC.

That sounds really encouraging. Do you know if other clubs were sniffin' about, Santana?

He was/was due to go on trial with St. Mirren I'm sure. I'll ask a couple of lads from my old team that go to school with him.

Fraser says he's just sat his highers, McGrotty doesn't mention anything about them.

McGrotty, unless he has a double, has just finished fourth year and will be 15/16.

I cannot believe Shaun Fraser has signed professionally. I played against him many times a few years ago when he played for a diddy team called "Friends United" (This was only 2 seasons ago or so). Yeah he seemed quite good then for the level we played at, but to have our promotion challenge rest in such a ****'s arms. I feel sick to be honest.

He was/was due to go on trial with St. Mirren I'm sure. I'll ask a couple of lads from my old team that go to school with him.

Apparently, there was a bit of a "bidding war" going on between Thistle, Raith and Ayr. And McCall thinks that Jordon's going to be brilliant.

We've also signed up two more players from the same boys as Jordon for the U17 team next year and have another two on trial. All are very good players.

I cannot believe Shaun Fraser has signed professionally. I played against him many times a few years ago when he played for a diddy team called "Friends United" (This was only 2 seasons ago or so). Yeah he seemed quite good then for the level we played at, but to have our promotion challenge rest in such a ****'s arms. I feel sick to be honest.

Yeah, I was speaking to a boy who went to school with him and says he's not that great.

Apparently, there was a bit of a "bidding war" going on between Thistle, Raith and Ayr. And McCall thinks that Jordon's going to be brilliant.

We've also signed up two more players from the same boys as Jordon for the U17 team next year and have another two on trial. All are very good players.

Yeah, I was speaking to a boy who went to school with him and says he's not that great.

Thanks for all the info, Santana :thumbsup2: .

Re Shaun Fraser. From what I've seen of him he appears to be able to hold his own against lads a good bit older than himself. Providing he continues to improve the way he's done last season would suggest he may have a future. His attitude appears spot on.

Sounds promising on the new signing, lets hope he develops well.

On Fraser, who I've only seen play twice. He looks strong & is decent in the air. I wouldn't say he is great technically though, but hopefully he can work on that. Looks a decent prospect, but nowhere near ready for 1st team football, needs to work very hard over the next yr or 2 to have a chance.