Kieron

Official site

At a time when our Board have not exactly been covering themselves in glory or gaining the respect of the fans there's been one board member who's continually been an exception, Kieron.

Thanks for all you've done, Kieron most notably your exceptional community work.

Most sad to see you go but you leave having achieved a considerable amount of good. :thumbsup2:

I know a lot of people have been (rightly) impressed by the efforts they see from Kieron, but I didn't fully appreciate it until the last year I've spent on the Trust Board. There's just so much Kieron's done behind the scenes that can so easily go unnoticed on top of everything that people see and hear about on here and on matchdays. The guy's enthusiasm and endeavour has been brilliant, and he's organised quite a lot of the Community stuff pretty much single-handedly.

I think he's off to run a farm or something, but I could be wrong. If ever he finds a few headless chickens, I'm sure McCall will happily oblige in getting them signed up for next season.

All the best Kieron and thanks for your efforts.

Kieron Dempsey: a true gentleman, never too busy to stop and have a blether in the concourse or wherever. The effort he put into organising, eg, transport for underprivileged kids from ethnic backgrounds, was truly admirable. His idea of collecting old tops etc from fans for those kids was a terrific idea and it was great to see pics of them decked out in Jags' colours at Firhill.

I know Kieron loves the Jags as much as any of us and I'm 100% sure we'll be seeing him next season and beyond, if not quite as frequently.

He might be replaced, nominally, but there's only one Green Man. :thumbsup2:

his sons even cooler. if people want to crown me as king then ill with humility accept the challenge haha.

only kidding

the amount of work hes put in has been incredible - i have seen him age ten years over this small period of time.

good luck to the next person that takes on that post!

his sons even cooler. if people want to crown me as king then ill with humility accept the challenge haha.

only kidding

the amount of work hes put in has been incredible - i have seen him age ten years over this small period of time.

good luck to the next person that takes on that post!

His son is ok - but looks 10 years older than him!

Official site

At a time when our Board have not exactly been covering themselves in glory or gaining the respect of the fans there's been one board member who's continually been an exception, Kieron.

Thanks for all you've done, Kieron most notably your exceptional community work.

Most sad to see you go but you leave having achieved a considerable amount of good. :thumbsup2:

Couldn't have put it better myself, cheers Kieron :thumbsup2:

What's the jags trust position now? Will a replacement be elected? Personally I think this is a very difficult position because anything of real note that is gleaned from Board meetings is not allowed to be shared with the JT (some sort of confidentiality thing but not 100% clear on how it works).

Also the OS makes it seem a bit like Kieron cannot continue in this role because of his resignation from the JT (or is it just the Jags Trust Board he has resigned from?), but then they say it is because he is off on a new venture away from football, :thinking: .

I personally hope this position is not filled in the capacity that Kieron was in, would rather see a Trust Board Member as a Trust/Club Liason with no place on the Board and no attendance at Boardroom level.

Good luck Kieron and thanks again!

Couldn't have put it better myself, cheers Kieron :thumbsup2:

What's the jags trust position now? Will a replacement be elected? Personally I think this is a very difficult position because anything of real note that is gleaned from Board meetings is not allowed to be shared with the JT (some sort of confidentiality thing but not 100% clear on how it works).

Also the OS makes it seem a bit like Kieron cannot continue in this role because of his resignation from the JT (or is it just the Jags Trust Board he has resigned from?), but then they say it is because he is off on a new venture away from football, :thinking: .

I personally hope this position is not filled in the capacity that Kieron was in, would rather see a Trust Board Member as a Trust/Club Liason with no place on the Board and no attendance at Boardroom level.

Good luck Kieron and thanks again!

Kieron had stated that he would not be standing for re-election sometime ago and when nomination papers went out nobody put themselves forward for the position of Board Rep but there will be a replacement for him.

As for the Board meetings, you are correct that there are some things that cannot be reported back to the Trust Board but I am still of the opinion that it is better to have a Trust Board Rep than not.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work Kieron and best wishes in your new venture up North :thumbsup2:

Kieron had originally just intended to be in position for twelve months but agreed to continue through to the end of his term. He's put in a tremendous amount of commitment and effort to the club in his time in place but he's also considerable personal and work commitments that have been becoming more difficult to accomodate. I know that he thought long and hard about it before coming to a final decision but he has made a valuable and terrific contribution in the past couple of years (and before when he was a mere board member).

And just to avoid any misinterpretation, it is just the Jags Trust Board that he's resigning from. As it stands, the statement on the official site can be misconstrued in a more negative light which would run the risk of muddying the waters somewhat. I have asked for an amendment to be made to remove any ambiguity.

Steven - there's nothing sinister here; just a bit of woolly wording in the article on the JT site (which we'll correct). So far as I know, Kieron will be remaining a member of the Trust. Kieron has been putting in a power of on behalf of the Trust, at Club Board level, moving house and with his own day job. He was due to step aside in a month or two after the Trust's AGM, but he's been given time off for good behaviour.

My personal thanks for all the hard work he's done over the last couple of years.

And there you have it - a JT Board "resignation" with no scandal. I know, it's all very boring these days, isn't it?!

I expect the Trust Board to be in a position to announce Kieron's successor as Board Rep shortly, but you'll all appreciate that we need to go through the proper processes before making the announcement.

All the best

David

Kieron had originally just intended to be in position for twelve months but agreed to continue through to the end of his term. He's put in a tremendous amount of commitment and effort to the club in his time in place but he's also considerable personal and work commitments that have been becoming more difficult to accomodate. I know that he thought long and hard about it before coming to a final decision but he has made a valuable and terrific contribution in the past couple of years (and before when he was a mere board member).

And just to avoid any misinterpretation, it is just the Jags Trust Board that he's resigning from. As it stands, the statement on the official site can be misconstrued in a more negative light which would run the risk of muddying the waters somewhat. I have asked for an amendment to be made to remove any ambiguity.

Aye - wot e said!

Good guy is Keiron , shame he's stepped down from such an important fans role.

Not going to suck up his ar*e though, I think he fell short of representing the fans on many an occasion but that's not a critisism and i'm quite naive to how things work at PTFC board level so perhaps thinking he failed at times is just as much my failing to understand what's involved.

What I can fully appreciate though is the good stuff he did do,and as I said at the top, he's a good guy.

All the best Keiron

Steven - there's nothing sinister here; just a bit of woolly wording in the article on the JT site (which we'll correct). So far as I know, Kieron will be remaining a member of the Trust. Kieron has been putting in a power of on behalf of the Trust, at Club Board level, moving house and with his own day job. He was due to step aside in a month or two after the Trust's AGM, but he's been given time off for good behaviour.

My personal thanks for all the hard work he's done over the last couple of years.

And there you have it - a JT Board "resignation" with no scandal. I know, it's all very boring these days, isn't it?!

I expect the Trust Board to be in a position to announce Kieron's successor as Board Rep shortly, but you'll all appreciate that we need to go through the proper processes before making the announcement.

All the best

David

Thanks David, and Allan. I suspected as such but the wording on the OS wasn't as clear as it might have been.

Signed: A Pedant :D

Oh and to be clear, my reasoning on the 'not replacing Kieron in the same capacity' is not a reflection of my thoughts on the work he has done, its just about the difficulties someone (anyone) in that position is forced to work under.

Which I hope involves an election or some clear choice for the JT membership to make.

In the meantime, and more importantly right now, best wishes Kieron. The animals gain is most surely Thistle's and the Jags Trust's loss.

• Members

Aha! Spotted him cycling up by Weirs Pumps the other day, long hair spilling out from under his cycle helmet. Clearly making a fast getaway!

I'd give Kieron 9 out of ten for his role as the fans rep, haven't agreed with some of the things he's done or not done but absolutely no-one can say he hasn't done things with nothing short of 100% honesty. Good luck Kieron. I hope we still see you around now and then.

Aha! Spotted him cycling up by Weirs Pumps the other day, long hair spilling out from under his cycle helmet. Clearly making a fast getaway!

I'd give Kieron 9 out of ten for his role as the fans rep, haven't agreed with some of the things he's done or not done but absolutely no-one can say he hasn't done things with nothing short of 100% honesty. Good luck Kieron. I hope we still see you around now and then.

go on then.....you do better!

well done Kieron 10 out of 10 from me!