Meet The Board Night

Col

• Administrators

Partick Thistle Football Club would like to invite you to “Meet the Board” on Thursday 22 September 2011 in the Aitken Suite at 7.30pm.

This is your chance to put your questions to the Partick Thistle FC Board. The Board will also talk about the recent EGM and their plans for the future.

See attached for more info.

poster_a4.pdf

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting married the next day so unfortunately I am going to have give it a miss

What sort of Jags Fan are you Matt -its the NEXT DAY MAN - I would expect any real Jags Fan to leave the wedding Reception and get a Taxi over to a Meet the Board Night.

Bloody Part Time Supporter

apart from that Good Luck on the Day Big Man :thumbsup2:

What sort of Jags Fan are you Matt -its the NEXT DAY MAN - I would expect any real Jags Fan to leave the wedding Reception and get a Taxi over to a Meet the Board Night.

Bloody Part Time Supporter

apart from that Good Luck on the Day Big Man :thumbsup2:

Thanks Jim much appreciated :thumbsup2:

I very much look forward to reading how the night goes

No feckin' wonder how that mob at Cathkin went out the game on no more than a whimper. :thumbdown:

Anyway, Matt, you've got my respect honeymooning in Livingston :thumbsup2:

I wouldnt have even been a twinkle in my parents eyes when the team at Cathkin went out the game so nothing I could have done to help them ;)

Unfortunately wont even be in Glasgow on the thursday night as getting kicked out my flat for the bride to be to use for all her wedding preparations, so will be sunny Linlithgow for me on the thursday night B)

I can't see there being a big turnout for this. Most of the rank and file supporters are not interested in club politics.

If it was badged as "Come along and hear how we are going to turn things round and get us to the SPL" maybe more folk would turn out.

Hope to be proven wrong this time next week.

I can't see there being a big turnout for this. Most of the rank and file supporters are not interested in club politics.If it was badged as "Come along and hear how we are going to turn things round and get us to the SPL" maybe more folk would turn out.Hope to be proven wrong this time next week.

I know that everybody reading this forum will probably see the meeting in the contaxt of the recent EGM, but the poster is pitched in such a way that those who no not a lot about the recent goings on will probably see it more positivly.

The Jock Stein quote and 'Lets build our future' point towards greater fan involvement.

Hopefully people will turn out for this and it's the start of better times for the club.

I can't see there being a big turnout for this. Most of the rank and file supporters are not interested in club politics.

If it was badged as "Come along and hear how we are going to turn things round and get us to the SPL" maybe more folk would turn out.

Hope to be proven wrong this time next week.

I hope that you are wrong Tom as it is more than just politics it is about shaping our future and every supporter has their part to play in that so the more people that come along and ask questions on Thursday the better!

Hopefully it is well pushed tomorrow, with leaflets printed to give out to the fans! Leaflets for myself to give out in the AS would reach a fair number of fans who would probably be interested in coming.

Or include a leaflet in every programme.

Hopefully the poster will be put up in various locations around the stadium and Lance can also mention it at halftime as well.

From David Beattie's programme notes today:

"The last 'Meet the Board' night was very poorly attended. It is my hope that this one will attract a big turn out of Partick Thistle supporters.

Myself, Billy Allan, Grant Bannerman, Greig Brown, Ian Dodd, General Manager Ian Maxwell and manager Jackie McNamara will all be in attendance at this event. The only director that won't be there is Ronne Gilfillan who has a hospital appointment as he continues his recovery from illness.

We'll make a presentation to the Thistle fans where we will attempt to provide the full picture of where Partick Thistle are.

There will be plenty of facts and figures for the Thistle fans to digest as we will outline:

Where we were financially

Where we are financially

Where we are going financially

We will also outline the general management structure of the Club and who is precisely involved in that side of things and Jackie will provide a look at the football side of the Club.

The meeting will then be open to questions from the floor. No subject is off limits. If you have any questions to ask about Propco, the EGM or anything at all, this is the opportunity to do so. Be prepared for honest, straight answers."

This is an important time for PTFC so lets hope for a big turnout from the supporters.

The club are trying to get the fans on board with their plans, well the majority anyway, which they hope will force Jags Trust/Hughes/Prentice/McMaster into changing their vote. Will it? No idea, but don't think so. The introduction of an AGM surely won't make that much of a difference to the way the above vote?

That's my opinion anyway.

If it's voted down again, then it never will go through (without radical & probably unwanted changes) & who knows what the future holds for the club then.

Surprised that I've not seen any mention of the big for sale sign at the beginning of South Drive? How long has that been there? Only noticed it today for the first time.

Looks like its brand new since the site is not listed on either of the agents' websites. It's no surprise that the development company is looking to sell. They have planning permission and selling now takes out risk. The downside is that any external developer may not be, ahem, Thistle minded.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Not much in the form of 'solid' questions here.

Martin, I presume as you are very keen in this you will be putting questions to the board? Will...will you be the same?

I have a couple of questions which I think are 'interesting', but could be considered slightly controversial.

David, what are your thoughts on Allan Cowan and Gordon Peden?

David, do you know Brown McMaster, and have you ever approached him?

Board, if your EGM proposals are 'rejected', what will you do now?

I rate Beattie highly, and would be very disappointed if there was any chance of him and the others walking away.

What are other people asking on Thursday?

For me, the killer question is, "given that shares in PTFC have no real value, what motivation do Mr Hughes and the McMaster family in particular (as holders of custodian shares) have in blocking the Board at this point?"

If the answer is that the custodians are concerned that the club is not being properly run, then that must be of concern to supporters. If there is any other reason, then supporters will presumably gain an insight into what that reason is.

The same question applies to the Jags Trust, but we must assume that at some stage before the next EGM, they will explain the position they will take.

Edited to add that I can't make it on Thursday

Edited by honved

Very good question.

Thank you. The flaw is that it's only hearsay that those two major shareholders were unhappy last time around. I'll admit, on reflection, that I've made an assumption there and it's one I'd happily be corrected upon if I have put two and two together and made five.

Edited to add - any forum member can direct message me

Edited by honved