The Manager

Lindau

Its early days but if Jackie keeps us in the challenge and playing the type of football that is a joy to watch, you have to wonder if Celtic might come calling at the end of the season. Watched the Hearts game today and they are a shambles defensively. My Celtic mates who were in a love in with Lennon are now saying that he has lost the plot and should be removed. They are certain he will be sacked if they lose the league again this season. One of them was at the game with me on Friday and he was raving about the way we played and jokingly said that the style of quick, fast ,football we play was drummed into Jackie from his time at Porkheid. Personally thinking, its probably a few years too early for him, but if we keep this form up, teams will be taking note, thats for sure!!

Edited by Lindau

You never know; IF Jackie gets us promotion in his first full season then the tims might just take a chance on him if they ditch the toxic ginger. One thing I feel more sure of is given JM's close relationship to them that that mob will get privileged information on the potential of guys like Aaron Sinclair.

One thing I feel more sure of is given JM's close relationship to them that that mob will get privileged information on the potential of guys like Aaron Sinclair.

Well apparently we are not as skint as we would have previously believed so if that was to happen I'd hope we'd take the c*nts for the correct money or more.

McNamara has already, even this early in his managerial career, proven that he has an eye for a player. The signings of Sinclair, O'Donnell and Elliot, widely criticised on here, including by myself, have so far turned out to be fantastic, especially young Sinclair.

McNamara has already, even this early in his managerial career, proven that he has an eye for a player. The signings of Sinclair, O'Donnell and Elliot, widely criticised on here, including by myself, have so far turned out to be fantastic, especially young Sinclair.

Really? I recall some doubts re Sinclair, but not much about Linford or O'Donnell.

Let's not get carried away. There were calls on here for McNamara to go after the Berwick/Hamilton games, and certainly a lot of scepticism about Jackie's future as a manager. A couple of decent home wins later and he's a future target for Celtic? If he wins the league and gets us into mid-table in the SPL then he might be a candidiate for any vacancy at Parkhead, but it's ridiculous to be talking about it now.

There are a few experienced managers who would be ahead of Jackie on any list to replace Neil Lennon. Billy Davies is one. Notts Forest are heading towards relegation under Steve McClaren. Dave Jones, formerly of Cardiff City, could be another candidate.

There are a few experienced managers who would be ahead of Jackie on any list to replace Neil Lennon. Billy Davies is one. Notts Forest are heading towards relegation under Steve McClaren. Dave Jones, formerly of Cardiff City, could be another candidate.

Steve McClaren in charge of Celtic would be hilarious :lol:

Let's not get carried away. There were calls on here for McNamara to go after the Berwick/Hamilton games, and certainly a lot of scepticism about Jackie's future as a manager. A couple of decent home wins later and he's a future target for Celtic? If he wins the league and gets us into mid-table in the SPL then he might be a candidiate for any vacancy at Parkhead, but it's ridiculous to be talking about it now.

Calm down, whats a discussion board for!!! All that was said is that he could be in the running to be the next or future Celtic boss if he continues to do well with us. Pretty sure our old pal Owen Coyle will be front runner if Lennon gets the boot

Edited by Lindau

Steve McClaren in charge of Celtic would be hilarious :lol:

Steve McClaren resigned today, refusing compensation, and would be available. I have seen stranger appointments, e.g. Josef Venglos, at Parkheid. If Celtic continue to lose ground to Rangers, Lennon will be gone within a few weeks.

Edited by kni

Steve McClaren resigned today, refusing compensation, and would be available. I have seen stranger appointments, e.g. Josef Venglos, at Parkheid. If Celtic continue to lose ground to Rangers, Lennon will be gone within a few weeks.

The 'possibility' of it is not what's hilarious...but can you imagine him "eh, I thought, eh, 'ow you say, we nearly done really well there"

Calm down, whats a discussion board for!!! All that was said is that he could be in the running to be the next or future Celtic boss if he continues to do well with us. Pretty sure our old pal Owen Coyle will be front runner if Lennon gets the boot

It is a discussion board, and you can start discussions on whatever you like - but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that I think it's absurd to start speculating that the manager of a team currently 5th in the First Division is a possible candidate for the Celtic job, seemingly based on not much other than his team putting 5 past a 10-man Morton.

Its early days but if Jackie keeps us in the challenge and playing the type of football that is a joy to watch, you have to wonder if Celtic might come calling at the end of the season. Watched the Hearts game today and they are a shambles defensively. My Celtic mates who were in a love in with Lennon are now saying that he has lost the plot and should be removed. They are certain he will be sacked if they lose the league again this season. One of them was at the game with me on Friday and he was raving about the way we played and jokingly said that the style of quick, fast ,football we play was drummed into Jackie from his time at Porkheid. Personally thinking, its probably a few years too early for him, but if we keep this form up, teams will be taking note, thats for sure!!

VP....note the bits in black! Also no one can deny the excellent job the manager has done in the transfer market in his first season by unearthing players like Sinclair, Elliot and O'Donnell on one of the lowest budgets in the division. All that was said was that if he continues to shine as our manager, other clubs including Celtic MIGHT be interested in him!!

Edited by Lindau

It is a discussion board, and you can start discussions on whatever you like - but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that I think it's absurd to start speculating that the manager of a team currently 5th in the First Division is a possible candidate for the Celtic job, seemingly based on not much other than his team putting 5 past a 10-man Morton.

I agree with you that it's very, very early to speak about McNamara as a possible tims manager. However, in fairness, he has more experience now than their current manager had when he got the job.