We'Ve Ad Some Bad Yins

The optimist

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that I'm probably in the minority, but I've always had an irrational dislike for Graeme Robertson (blond right back we paid money (£20k?) to take from Dunfermline in the 1990s). I can't explain why, but nobody quite gets my goat like him.

Always liked Robertson thought he got a rough time off the thistle fans.was a very good defender.

now young rodges coach at Stenny.

Plenty of signings over the last 25 years have been torture by any Thistle Manager with the exception of Lambie, its strange how kni never mentions any of these. In terms of bad signings McCall has made some decent ones as well while some have been admittedly cr@p.

However he has brought in 200k in fees by the selling of 2 of his players, theres a chance that a lot more may be brought in from guys like Cairney, McBeth in the future yet McCall was the only Manager that Kni had a go at with regards to bad signings, that coupled with his generally moaning at him on most posts he makes would indicate in my opinion that he is desperate to see the guy sacked.

Please take your **** out of McCall's ass.

Andy McLaren.

That's a little unfair in my opinion. He certainly wasn't great for us, but he came in on loan when we were in a dire run of form and we had a really poor team. He also recieved some pretty disgusting abuse about his personal probems from our fans, yet he was one of the few in that team who really looked like he cared and he never gave less than 100% in any game I seen him in.

One of the greatest atrocities of the post-war era is that this thread is now well into its third page and is yet entirely devoid of any reference whatsoever to Barry Smith, the principal resident in the realm of fud-dom. This 'man' bore a striking resemblance to an egg, was as familiar with a football as most of us are with the Polynesian sub-dialects of West Papua, and, beyond the parameters of comprehension, held down a semi-regular place during the latter part of Nero Campbell's anarchic reign.

On reflection, it is probably better that all and any mention of this fraud be fully deleted from the annals of our club lest we all shudder periodically with unspeakable neural horrors.

So, on that note, I won't mention him again either. Honest.

It would be a pity to wipe out for ever the memory of his brilliant piece of play against Hamilton away (I think) when he headed the ball twice in a row straight up into the air (most impressive vertical take off since the Harrier Jump Jet). The second time the ball came down it landed at the feet of a Hamilton player who promptly scored.

The worst signings by each of our managers in my opinion are

ian mccall: Greg cameron

dick Campbell: darren Brady

Gerry Collins: stephane bonnes at least I think that was Gerry Collins

john lambie: going way back here but mark mcwalter

tommy bryce: willie Callaghan

murdo Macleod: jim slavin

john mcvey: Charlie Adams ( hated that we poser)

I realise that I'm probably in the minority, but I've always had an irrational dislike for Graeme Robertson (blond right back we paid money (£20k?) to take from Dunfermline in the 1990s). I can't explain why, but nobody quite gets my goat like him.

Awwwwwwww man I always had a soft spot for that guy. He must have played every game the season we got promoted and still he got bumped at the end of the year (Lambie could be proper ruthless). But he was rubbish, much worse than Paton, he was one of those footballers that hate the ball, whenever he was in possession he just wanted to get rid of the ball.

The worst signings by each of our managers in my opinion are

ian mccall: Greg cameron

dick Campbell: darren Brady

Gerry Collins: stephane bonnes at least I think that was Gerry Collins

john lambie: going way back here but mark mcwalter

tommy bryce: willie Callaghan

murdo Macleod: jim slavin

john mcvey: Charlie Adams ( hated that we poser)

That was one of MacLeod's signings.

Simon Donnelly. Absolute waste of space.

Your consistency is impressive, however the content, yet again is pish.

Edited by northernsoul

It would be a pity to wipe out for ever the memory of his brilliant piece of play against Hamilton away (I think) when he headed the ball twice in a row straight up into the air (most impressive vertical take off since the Harrier Jump Jet). The second time the ball came down it landed at the feet of a Hamilton player who promptly scored.

I remember that. i was soooooo f*cking raging and noone around me would agree it was his fault!