We'Ve Ad Some Bad Yins

The optimist

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quentin Jacobs a dud???!!! He was one of the cleverest players ever to wear a Jags shirt, it was just nobody else in the team was good enough to capaialise on his skill!

Now I agree Kenny Brannigan was probably the worst player ever but does anybody recall Fraser Wishart, I seem to remember thinking when we signed him it was pretty good but I saw him at a match vs Stenhousmuir (we lost 4-1) and he was truly awful, looked like he had never played the game. Then there was Dougie McNab in goals, how much time do you have?

Fast forward to September, Sid, playing out of his skin "best player I've ever seen".

Fast forward again to January, Sid, playing crap, "still the best player I've ever seen".

He can't do it over a season, and don't get me started on some of the other rotten footballers currently stealing a wage from the club....

**** Campbell: darren Brady

Worse than Jose Quitongo? C'mon!

Gerry Collins: stephane bonnes at least I think that was Gerry Collins

It would be easier to point to Collins' decent signing(s) - James Grady.

I shudder when I think of the picture of him lining up with the players he'd brought to the club: JP McBride, Stuart Taylor, Andy Thomson, Jean Yves Anis, Andy Ross, Jakup Mikkelsen, Manny Panther, Stephane Bonnes, Eddie Forrest, Grant Murray...

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Worse than Jose Quitongo? C'mon!

It would be easier to point to Collins' decent signing(s) - James Grady.

I shudder when I think of the picture of him lining up with the players he'd brought to the club: JP McBride, Stuart Taylor, Andy Thomson, Jean Yves Anis, Andy Ross, Jakup Mikkelsen, Manny Panther, Stephane Bonnes, Eddie Forrest, Grant Murray...

Manny Panther was a decent prospect who was not given a chance at Firhill. He went on to captain York City.

we have so much fu ckin dross if would be easier to name the good players we have had!

I am utterly astonished that no one has mentioned the Callaghans! I actually believed my team were finished when i saw this pair play for us...good god this actually brings me out in a cold sweat :no:

Edited by Chicofan

OK I so what about best players (in recent memory)? I'll start.....

Chic Charnley several times

Graham Dorrans

wee guy Brady ex-Morton boss

Patterson - when not injured

Lindududu

Quentin Jacobs

Colin McAdam

perhaps Gerry Britton

then its all the way back to Super Mo, Jim Melrose, Alex O'Hara, Kenny Watson?! Doug Somner, Bobby Houston, Alan Rough, Jackie Campbell, Andy Anderson and Brian Whittaker.

I have to admit it looks like I am lookinf at the past with rose tinted specs!

Brian Martin despite being good at motherwell

Paul Mcintyre 1999/2000

stevie campbell

Paddy boyle

marc mccrystal

sandy hodge

scott millar

I almost choked on my tea when I saw that name. Forgot about that huffy wee sh**ebag. Awful, truley awful, although he thougt he was briliiant, which makes it all the sadder.

(Dis)honourable mentions go to

Andy Thomson

The Callaghans

Stevie Nicholas

Darren Brady

Adrian Madaschi

Brian Martin

Kenny Brannigan (actually almost boked when someone first mentioned him)

Stevie Ross

Kevin McKee

Eddie Forrest....etc etc

Sadly all nowhere near good enough.

P.S. A mention or two for Quinton Jacobs. I too feel he was too good for our players at the time in terms that he was a fair bit ahead of them in what he could do. I remember at the time the on loan Peter Lindau said that he enjoyed playing alongside QJ as he said he had a football brain and that the two of them were able to link up well because they presumably understood each others game. Remember some good link up play between them at the time. Just a shame the rest of the squad didn't posess football brains like Quinton or Peter.

I'd like to nominate David Klein, the keeper who done his best to de-rail our title challenge in season 01/02. He had a solid debut in a 3-0 win over Clyde at Firhill, but it all went downhill from there. He threw in a late winner for St Mirren at Love Street and he dropped the ball at Coyle's feet to give Airdrie an equaliser deep into injury time at Firhill.

I'd like to nominate David Klein, the keeper who done his best to de-rail our title challenge in season 01/02. He had a solid debut in a 3-0 win over Clyde at Firhill, but it all went downhill from there. He threw in a late winner for St Mirren at Love Street and he dropped the ball at Coyle's feet to give Airdrie an equaliser deep into injury time at Firhill.

Like a lot of players, he suffered bad loss of confidence after making a mistake and the mistakes just flowed after that. Same thing with (I think) Colin Stewart who started well for us then got really bad after a silly mistake.

Think this confidence things shows up worse in goallies and strikers as it's always very obvious whether they're doing their jobs properly or not. I think too that talent and confidence are both needed to make a good player (as well as hard work) and the best players always have bags of self belief, even when things go against them.

Edited by Mr Bunny

OK I so what about best players (in recent memory)? I'll start.....

Chic Charnley several times

Graham Dorrans

wee guy Brady ex-Morton boss

Patterson - when not injured

Lindududu

Quentin Jacobs

Colin McAdam

perhaps Gerry Britton

then its all the way back to Super Mo, Jim Melrose, Alex O'Hara, Kenny Watson?! Doug Somner, Bobby Houston, Alan Rough, Jackie Campbell, Andy Anderson and Brian Whittaker.

I have to admit it looks like I am lookinf at the past with rose tinted specs!

Super Kev McKinley