Maxwell To Livi?

Windcalmer

Personally I think if we let Maxwell go to Livingston we save a bit money. Get McNamara as Assistant Manager. Archibald who as much experience as Maxwell and is already on a contract for next season can help train the young lads who are going to be defenders also Archibald wont be playing for the first few months of the season anyway so it at least gives him something to do.

Personally I didnt agree with McCalls decision to resign Archibald but fact is it has been done and he is under contract for next season. I dont really agree with his decision to resign Maxwell either if that is what happens. Dont have a problem at all with the Donnelly/McNamara resigning somehwat ironic considering my attitude to Donnelly this time last year on the forums :o

Archibald who as much experience as Maxwell and is already on a contract for next season can help train the young lads who are going to be defenders also Archibald wont be playing for the first few months of the season anyway so it at least gives him something to do.

There's nothing to suggest Archie a) has the requisite coaching skills and temperament to bring out the best in the youths, or B) has any desire to do so.

It's a pity he looks as if he can offer more on the pitch than Maxi, with Ian appearing to be the better coaching/managerial prospect. No happy medium here.

With McNamara having previously been earmarked as our assistant manager I wouldn't be averse to seeing him and Maxwell stay on at Sid's expense. Although I don't expect that given our dearth of striking options.

It may sound as if my stance to signing the duffers is softening, but it seems to be a case of rock and hard place where they're concerned.

Livi can match his wages cause he will be on absolute peanuts for that coaching role we had earmarked for him. If they want to take him that’s fine. Sid training youth and McNamara as McCall’s assistant seems plenty to me, I don’t really see the point in resigning Maxwell.

Livi can match his wages cause he will be on absolute peanuts for that coaching role we had earmarked for him. If they want to take him that’s fine. Sid training youth and McNamara as McCall’s assistant seems plenty to me, I don’t really see the point in resigning Maxwell.

I agree. Maxwell would be alright in defence if we didn't already have so many slow defenders. Thanks very much Maxwell, we appreciate the hard work, but I think there is a reason why only second division clubs are interested.

Personally I think if we let Maxwell go to Livingston we save a bit money. Get McNamara as Assistant Manager. Archibald who as much experience as Maxwell and is already on a contract for next season can help train the young lads who are going to be defenders also Archibald wont be playing for the first few months of the season anyway so it at least gives him something to do.

Personally I didnt agree with McCalls decision to resign Archibald but fact is it has been done and he is under contract for next season. I dont really agree with his decision to resign Maxwell either if that is what happens. Dont have a problem at all with the Donnelly/McNamara resigning somehwat ironic considering my attitude to Donnelly this time last year on the forums :o

I hope they get him. Don't want to risk him being anywhere near the team. How can livingston affor dto even be remotely competitive with wages, though? Also, does anyone else think the last line of that article doesn't read?

100% spot on. Such a move would be priceless insurance against the possibility of him ever wearing the red'n'yella again.

Guest Argus

If Maxwell leaves for Livi then I'm not too bothered.

I'd bring in Ray Farningham instead. Experienced coach at this level and has been linked in the papers with Arbroath.

Didn't he have the same problems with Thistle that David Irons did?

If so he is unlikely to comeback after he has seen the way Irons was treated.

Bert's just doing what he's asked.. reading that story it's nothing more than McCall trying to give the ditherers Coco and Co a kick up the **** to get their act together in my opinion.

The fans'll get right on the case and have the same impact on close season board decisions they've had for the past couple of summers. :blush:

Didn't he have the same problems with Thistle that David Irons did?

If so he is unlikely to comeback after he has seen the way Irons was treated.

Good point, although if we did show an interest, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't use that as an excuse to miss out on coaching at a full time club.

Thistle vs Arbroath, bit of a no-brainer.

Maxwell is only one of the four player-coaches who has not been offered a deal - http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/june_2010/close_season_update.

"Season ticket sales have allowed the manager to make offers to Craig Hinchcliffe, Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly, all of which will combine playing and coaching roles. Ian McCall has a detailed wish list, including Ian Maxwell, a further goalkeeper, additional youth players and others. These are totally dependent on budgets and will be progressed if and when finance allows."