Hinchy For No.1

SirJohnLambie

When I saw the title I thought here comes a pointless wind up thread, when I clicked it I thought to myself "Christ I hope there isn't a link to an actual story in this thread", when I saw that red text my hard sank.

Remember Dunfermline away last year, don't get me wrong it was hilarious, but not in a good way.

Guest Argus

Hincy might not be scared but the thought of him as 1st choice keeper terrifies me!

As to a good pre season under his belt, its whats under his belt that is part of the problem.

Guest Argus

“By the same token I would expect the club to bring in someone else before the season starts".

anyone actually read the article?

Yep and I would hope that is what happens.

Hincy might not be scared but the thought of him as 1st choice keeper terrifies me!

As to a good pre season under his belt, its whats under his belt that is part of the problem.

And in the club's pre season update, they said that another keeper was dependant on season ticket sales which means that we may start with Hinchy if they can get away with it.

people gave scully loads of praise for his performances for the 19s near the end of the season. I remember thinking 'what are people on about?'. The outfield of the 19s was really impressive, but scully literally punches/palms every single cross down onto the edge of the box. He'd be eated alive in SFL1. Remember, he wasn't deemed suitable to be played at petershill when he was there. Unless they coach that out of him, scully will never be good enough. Hinchcliffe has about 3 stone to lose to be even a half respectable choice as number 1. We are in serious trouble without a new keeper.

Scully isn't near ready to play in the first team. Well not for a continuous spell anyway. Great shot stopper but he needs to improve his general handling. Would be totally crazy and bad on the lad to throw him in at the deep end. Hinchcliffe will be the No2 for the early part of the season at least.

Going down the road of Hinchy first choice till Scully is ready to take over would be suicidal. Won't happen :unsure:

Guest Argus

They'll get a keeper in, of that I'm sure.

Of course if they are any good or not is another question, and depends on what we can afford.

The rest is simply a useful way of trying to drum up season tickets sales by applying the guilt factor.

I'm sure we could pick up a keeper from the juniors that would be able to do a better job than scully or hinchcliffe will be capable next season (I appreciate scully is young and might improve his handling with time). Anyone know which clubs have good ones? I expect McCall will be aware of them.

Guest Argus

I'm sure we could pick up a keeper from the juniors that would be able to do a better job than scully or hinchcliffe will be capable next season (I appreciate scully is young and might improve his handling with time). Anyone know which clubs have good ones? I expect McCall will be aware of them.

That's what I think or some over the hill ex SFL2 or EFL2 guy. John Hillcoat?

Have Pollock not got an ex-Celtic reserve keeper?

The problem there could be that an inexperienced (at our level) goalie is almost bound to have at least one or two poor spells. If we let him play on we risk a prolonged confidence dip. If we drop him then we're forced to play Hinchy. Better than not having another goalie but so far from ideal.

McCall needs to get his finger out. What position is he trying to achieve in the league or is he just holding out for the world cup to finish and see who he can bring in from that :thinking:

Of course its purely coincidental aint it that we have no new signings since the board said we cant make any till July? :thinking:

Maybe its them you should be telling to get their finger out :rolleyes:

After the damage was already done at Dunfermline, the Hinchmeister actually went on to have a very good game.........

Plus we were defending the east stand goal when the damage was done. Couldn't have been easy for Hinchy when the teams run out from the tunnel under the west stand. He was indeed so much better in the 2nd half after a wee nap and only having to make a short jaunt to his goal. :thumbsup2: