Jags On The Up Next Season

SirJohnLambie

I don't really care for what Cowan thinks, or anyone else for that matter.

I'll no doubt start forming opinions as the season approaches and have seen the players in action during friendlies but i'll go into the start of the season with one thought only, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE.

My judgement will vary with minutes played from there on in.

A cut in playing staff budget was I'm afraid to be expected, and will continue to dwindle with every year that passes and we aren't in the top flight or have a successful cup run, neither happened this year. Ah well Dundee have shown money can't always buy you success and haven't made any great strides forward in appointing chisolm imho just have to wait and see what next year brings

McCall said he is looking down in England for players, I'd say its perhaps the Blue Square leagues. Now if we could find a Chris Smalling like Fulham did :thumbsup2:

I'd say we need to give McCall the first 4/5weeks of the new season in order to see if he is going to make headway towards the SPL.

McCall said he is looking down in England for players, I'd say its perhaps the Blue Square leagues. Now if we could find a Chris Smalling like Fulham did :thumbsup2:

I'd say we need to give McCall the first 4/5weeks of the new season in order to see if he is going to make headway towards the SPL.

Was it not reserve games he was at? I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 1 or 2 from Blackburn or somewhere like that.

Guest Argus

They were from Everton

You've all got short memories. We had the Everton connection bullshit last season. Kenny Moyes is my mate, he'll get me some players from his bruv. We got one midget winger who got injured after one game and was never seen again.

I'm happy for McCall to go to England as long as he stays there.

You've all got short memories. We had the Everton connection bullshit last season. Kenny Moyes is my mate, he'll get me some players from his bruv. We got one midget winger who got injured after one game and was never seen again.

I'm happy for McCall to go to England as long as he stays there.

And who, in your well informed view should/could we get as replacement? Dont give me the Danny Lennon crap tho because an inexperienced manager is the last thing we need to go along with our inexperienced part-time coaches. So what you reckon, Jocky Scott? How about Jim Duffy? What about Eddie May or Jim McAnally? Here's the truth, it may hurt to hear it but THERE IS NO-ONE OUT THERE WHO IS BETTER SUITED TO THE ROLE!!!! The Club are up shit creek and need a manager with experience of that situation to at least try to play us out of the mess the BoD have put us in. McCall has presided over the demise of 2 professional football Clubs (almost saving one of them by almost getting them promoted) and is clearly the best man for the job* (until such times as a better offer come along, but thats the same with ANY manager of Partick Thistle).

*Not because of their demise, because of the experience of it all and the lessons learned from it.

Rant over

Edited by Jagnificent

Guest Argus

And who, in your well informed view should/could we get as replacement? Dont give me the Danny Lennon crap tho because an inexperienced manager is the last thing we need to go along with our inexperienced part-time coaches. So what you reckon, Jocky Scott? How about Jim Duffy? What about Eddie May or Jim McAnally? Here's the truth, it may hurt to hear it but THERE IS NO-ONE OUT THERE WHO IS BETTER SUITED TO THE ROLE!!!! The Club are up shit creek and need a manager with experience of that situation to at least try to play us out of the mess the BoD have put us in. McCall has presided over the demise of 2 professional football Clubs (almost saving one of them by almost getting them promoted) and is clearly the best man for the job* (until such times as a better offer come along, but thats the same with ANY manager of Partick Thistle).

*Not because of their demise, because of the experience of it all and the lessons learned from it.

Rant over

So you are an expert in football managers are you? You can't even make your mind up who you are.

I never mentioned any of the names you have so don't try and put words in my mouth.

The mess we are in this season and next isn't all down to the Board, take a closer look at your beloved manager and take off the rose tinted specs.

So you are an expert in football managers are you? You can't even make your mind up who you are.

I never mentioned any of the names you have so don't try and put words in my mouth.

The mess we are in this season and next isn't all down to the Board, take a closer look at your beloved manager and take off the rose tinted specs.

I have decided to be me and not hide behind a name, glad it meets with your approval.

I asked who you think would be an ideal replacement and offered some suggestions, hardly putting words in your mouth. My beloved manager, sorry but you are wrong and blindly following an agenda that is pointless and destructive. You seem incapable of offering (or unwilling to offer) solutions, only bitching about something that isnt gona change, so who would you suggest? I like the line about it not being all down to the Board, cant remember me EVER saying anything was all the Boards fault :thinking: . So what percentage is the Boards fault then and what percentage is McCalls? What percentage is the fans fault and what percentage is down to the players? Would you agree all are partly to blame??

Guest Argus

I have decided to be me and not hide behind a name, glad it meets with your approval.

I asked who you think would be an ideal replacement and offered some suggestions, hardly putting words in your mouth. My beloved manager, sorry but you are wrong and blindly following an agenda that is pointless and destructive. You seem incapable of offering (or unwilling to offer) solutions, only bitching about something that isnt gona change, so who would you suggest? I like the line about it not being all down to the Board, cant remember me EVER saying anything was all the Boards fault :thinking: . So what percentage is the Boards fault then and what percentage is McCalls? What percentage is the fans fault and what percentage is down to the players? Would you agree all are partly to blame??

Your great at selective quoting aren't you? Did I say you said anything about the Board, no. Unlike you I don't pretend to be quoting someone else.

For the record:

The finacial situation: the Boards

The poor quality of players signed and the money wasted from that: McCalls

The failure to drive the club forward: a combination

Pointless and destructive is pretending everything is wonderful when it isn't.

For the record:

The truth of the matter, sadly this is.

Steven, clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind the plot.

Your great at selective quoting aren't you? Did I say you said anything about the Board, no. Unlike you I don't pretend to be quoting someone else.

For the record:

Pretend to be quoting someone else, what you on about? Pretending everything is wonderful is something I am not niave enough to do as previous posts on other threads will show. You have just highlighted areas where blame should be apportioned and I agree with them, but to blame McCall without looking at other factors is wrong imo and that was the point I was getting at, to blame the BoD without looking at other factors is also wrong imo. Selective quoting? No me Mr :hypocrite: !

I know who the 'villians' are if thats what they are to be called but when it comes to apportioning blame for the predicament of Partick Thistle it lies with 4 groups. In order, and imo, those groups are The SPL (and Scottish football generally), The Board, The Fans, the Mangement (past and present). Are people seriously saying the only people to blame are McCall and the BoD? Are people so high up on white chargers that they cannot see the role fans have played in the demise of this Club? I said this on jagsforum.net and will do so again, words are all well and good but when it comes to action unfortunately the large majority of us are found wanting (and I include myself in that), I want something we can all get behind, I want fans to have a greater voice and take action against the things we feel strongly about and if we dont have that we are failing our club and failing ourselves as fans.

Come on guys, if we are gona talk about problems lets be prepared to acknowledge the role we as fans have played here Otherwise the whole mentality of 'they big boys done it and ran away' will actually come to fruition when the Club has been bled dry of any assests we may have. If Im wrong on that then please explain to me where because I cant see it.

My mind is clear, my views are clear and if we dont stand together and support the Club (including a manager and players who are here for the foreseeable unless a better offer comes along, whether we like it or not) then we will have our share of blame if/when PTFC does die the death that has long been predicted. We have a select few who take action but that action is ineffective because it is only a select few who are prepared to do it...what is it they say about action and words?

Guest Argus

Pretend to be quoting someone else, what you on about? Pretending everything is wonderful is something I am not niave enough to do as previous posts on other threads will show. You have just highlighted areas where blame should be apportioned and I agree with them, but to blame McCall without looking at other factors is wrong imo and that was the point I was getting at, to blame the BoD without looking at other factors is also wrong imo. Selective quoting? No me Mr :hypocrite: !

I know who the 'villians' are if thats what they are to be called but when it comes to apportioning blame for the predicament of Partick Thistle it lies with 4 groups. In order, and imo, those groups are The SPL (and Scottish football generally), The Board, The Fans, the Mangement (past and present). Are people seriously saying the only people to blame are McCall and the BoD? Are people so high up on white chargers that they cannot see the role fans have played in the demise of this Club? I said this on jagsforum.net and will do so again, words are all well and good but when it comes to action unfortunately the large majority of us are found wanting (and I include myself in that), I want something we can all get behind, I want fans to have a greater voice and take action against the things we feel strongly about and if we dont have that we are failing our club and failing ourselves as fans.

Come on guys, if we are gona talk about problems lets be prepared to acknowledge the role we as fans have played here Otherwise the whole mentality of 'they big boys done it and ran away' will actually come to fruition when the Club has been bled dry of any assests we may have. If Im wrong on that then please explain to me where because I cant see it.

My mind is clear, my views are clear and if we dont stand together and support the Club (including a manager and players who are here for the foreseeable unless a better offer comes along, whether we like it or not) then we will have our share of blame if/when PTFC does die the death that has long been predicted. We have a select few who take action but that action is ineffective because it is only a select few who are prepared to do it...what is it they say about action and words?

Fair enough BUT

I want the truth.

Yes the SFA/SPL/SFL have some culpability but too easy for the BoD/Fans to blame every ill on them. Time to take some responsbility rather than blame others.

You think the fans should take some of the blame. For what? Doing what you suggest and blindly supporting lame duck management. Won't that cause more problems? Maybe the fans need a representative body with some teeth, is that what you mean.

Again for the record I think we are stuck with McCall, but he better come clean in the new season, stop feeding us Sh1t, or he will be the final nail in the coffin.

Fair enough BUT

I want the truth.

About what?

Yes the SFA/SPL/SFL have some culpability but too easy for the BoD/Fans to blame every ill on them. Time to take some responsbility rather than blame others.

I agree, but I am not blaming every ill on the SFA/SPL/SFL, just saying they are culpable.

You think the fans should take some of the blame. For what? Doing what you suggest and blindly supporting lame duck management. Won't that cause more problems? Maybe the fans need a representative body with some teeth, is that what you mean.

I think it is clear we are not doing enough when the JT book a hall for an open meeting and practically no-one shows up, but I would rearrange what you say by saying it is up to us as fans to give the representive body we have some teeth (even if that means changing it).

Again for the record I think we are stuck with McCall, but he better come clean in the new season, stop feeding us Sh1t, or he will be the final nail in the coffin.

All managers feed fans/media a posistive spin, what else is he meant to do? Imo he has been accurate in his assessment most of the time but yes there are times when he has seemed to be telling us what we want to hear. BUT I believe he has genuine affection for Thistle and thats why I wont be slating him for one dreadful half season when his time at this Club was being hailed beforehand.

Come on guys, if we are gona talk about problems lets be prepared to acknowledge the role we as fans have played here

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, in a way I feel that I ran up a mountain of debt and then sold half of the stadium to myself without consequences off-market. Also, I sort of feel that I appointed Dick Campbell, legally threatened a fans forum and a season ticket holder for daring to speculate. Finally, I feel very much responsible for the defensive and irritable way that the Board treat the supporters (with one or two exceptions) because at the end of the day, we are all obliged to show up to Firhill every second week and hand over our money whether we want to or not.

The fans are never the problem at a football club - only ever the solution. Without the fans, the club dies and right now we are in danger of heading into a terminal decline because I don't know a Jag who enjoys it the way they did even 5 years ago.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, in a way I feel that I ran up a mountain of debt and then sold half of the stadium to myself without consequences off-market. Also, I sort of feel that I appointed Dick Campbell, legally threatened a fans forum and a season ticket holder for daring to speculate. Finally, I feel very much responsible for the defensive and irritable way that the Board treat the supporters (with one or two exceptions) because at the end of the day, we are all obliged to show up to Firhill every second week and hand over our money whether we want to or not.

The fans are never the problem at a football club - only ever the solution. Without the fans, the club dies and right now we are in danger of heading into a terminal decline because I don't know a Jag who enjoys it the way they did even 5 years ago.

Now thats what I call selective quoting!

Yeah thats the stuff I was meaning :rolleyes: . Your final sentence sums it up exactly, what you wrote prior to that is just a sarcastic waste of time because clearly those points highlight areas where the Board are to blame (didnt you notice that I said there were 4 groups to blame?). I think you need read what I am saying properly and not just highlight one sentence that allows you to become all high and mighty and blame the big boys for eveything, but thanks for your interest in getting involved :thumbsup2:

But there's still an offer on the table for Tuffey? & I'd imagine it's a pretty decent offer by our standards, Tuffey isn't going to sign, meaning that money is spare.. No?

I would presume this money simply goes to paying off a small part of the debt :thinking:

We can only hope that miraculously we get 10,000 people turing up for the game tomorrow and all these neautrals appear out of thins air. So come on everyone start getting everyone you know to come along ;)

With it looking likely that the SPL will be expanding the season after next, it puts more emphasis than usual on getting the budget right for next year.

If the SPL were to expand it would mean 2 up next year, maybe even 3 and with the right choices made by both the board and the manager, we could definitely finish 2nd or 3rd next year.

Obviously the flip side to this is that if league reconstruction were to happen, quite a few of the first division clubs would probably try and overstretch themselves in order to get promotion. I don't think we could realistically compete with that.