Balatoni

The Earl of Hathaway

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, in the jags game review in the Record he states he wants to join Thistle and will sit down with his agent next week to see if something can be sorted. However in the main Record article about Hearts it says that with the likelyhood of all the 1st team players walking out in January over unpaid wages, they will be recalling all their young loanee's who are out to 1st division sides and CB is included in the list that will be recalled!!! Confused???...you should be...however its Hearts we are talking about here so no-one should be surprised if Conrad heads back to Swinecastle if the 1st team exodus does take place

Edited by Lindau

On another matter I see Willie Gibson could be on the hunt for a club in the Central Belt. I know he's been a bit of a daftie in the past but he was one of McCall's earmarked five a season or so ago and I've always thought he had real potential. No doubt he'd be looking for better dosh than we can offer but he could be happy with a half season offer. St Johnstone probably won't extend his loan spell and he wants to stay in Scotland for family reasons.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

On another matter I see Willie Gibson could be on the hunt for a club in the Central Belt. I know he's been a bit of a daftie in the past but he was one of McCall's earmarked five a season or so ago and I've always thought he had real potential. No doubt he'd be looking for better dosh than we can offer but he could be happy with a half season offer. St Johnstone probably won't extend his loan spell and he wants to stay in Scotland for family reasons.

Another Gibson?!

I believe we've had more Gibsons than any other surname on our books.

Do we need another? :rolleyes:

(or is 'love-in' the new buzz phrase to take over from 'happy clappers' for anyone who tries to praise the club/players/board/?).

Well said pal! :clapping:

According to the Glaswegian, now that the tarts have washed their hands of him, Balatoni would like to stay with Thistle.

Yep, in the jags game review in the Record he states he wants to join Thistle and will sit down with his agent next week to see if something can be sorted. However in the main Record article about Hearts it says that with the likelyhood of all the 1st team players walking out in January over unpaid wages, they will be recalling all their young loanee's who are out to 1st division sides and CB is included in the list that will be recalled!!! Confused???...you should be...however its Hearts we are talking about here so no-one should be surprised if Conrad heads back to Swinecastle if the 1st team exodus does take place

I've not made my mind up about the guy. He does seem to have his peaks and troughs. Mostly troughs when I've seen him play. But, he is still young and is starting to show more confidence and effort.

I think he'd be nuts not to try and work something out to stay at Firhill. He looks for the most part, the fanatical critics aside, to be enjoying his time with us. He's clearly been an important part of a young team/squad, even if there are elders competing for his place when fit. He seems to have a good relationship on and off the field with his team-mates.

Hearts are a shambles. If he did get a chance in these circumstances, he should be seriously considering is it worth it. Surely you'd want to break into a first team on merit, and the team you'd be walking into would no doubt take time to gel and struggle to compete. Nevermind all the other nonsense going on off the field.

With Paul Paton's switch to a kind of holding midfield position, Jaggie Mac's shown that if he see's talent in a guy he has the vision to experiment to find how best to build a team. It's Jackie's decision and I have faith in that, he know's he ain't got the dough to buy whoever he wants and has to utilise what he has as effectivly as possible.

If he does sign, free or cheap ( has he played for Hearts first team? ) , on the whole reckon he's well worth a punt.

... Go on Conrad! gerrintaerum!

Well said pal! :clapping:

I've not made my mind up about the guy. He does seem to have his peaks and troughs. Mostly troughs when I've seen him play. But, he is still young and is starting to show more confidence and effort.

I think he'd be nuts not to try and work something out to stay at Firhill. He looks for the most part, the fanatical critics aside, to be enjoying his time with us. He's clearly been an important part of a young team/squad, even if there are elders competing for his place when fit. He seems to have a good relationship on and off the field with his team-mates.

Hearts are a shambles. If he did get a chance in these circumstances, he should be seriously considering is it worth it. Surely you'd want to break into a first team on merit, and the team you'd be walking into would no doubt take time to gel and struggle to compete. Nevermind all the other nonsense going on off the field.

With Paul Paton's switch to a kind of holding midfield position, Jaggie Mac's shown that if he see's talent in a guy he has the vision to experiment to find how best to build a team. It's Jackie's decision and I have faith in that, he know's he ain't got the dough to buy whoever he wants and has to utilise what he has as effectivly as possible.

If he does sign, free or cheap ( has he played for Hearts first team? ) , on the whole reckon he's well worth a punt.

... Go on Conrad! gerrintaerum!

All eminently sensible.

:)

Even though I think it is inevitable that he'll sign permanently, I'm still undecided whether I'd keep Balatoni.

On the plus side, he's young and I don't think there is any doubt that he has decent potential. But I think that potential is limited because of his lack of pace and I tend to think this is the level he'll play at for the majority of his career. Personally, I'd like to add a defender who is either physically imposing and a threat at set-pieces, someone like McLaughlin at Hamilton, or someone with a wee bit of pace about them, like Craig Reid at Queens; both admittedly outwith our reach but someone in the same mould.

If Balatoni does sign, I'd expect one of the younger defenders to depart, possibly Colin Stevenson or Sekhon who is a dumpling.

I think we could do worse than sign Balatoni on a deal.

Interesting that Hearts have also released Callum Elliot, is this the same Elliot who used to play at Livi a few years back, remember he scored a few fair goals for them. If it is the same one then we could do a lot worse than sign him especially when our strikers are far from on fire at present.

After today have changed my mind on signing Balatoni, not because he was awful or anything and if anything certainly doesnt deserve some of the abuse he has received over the last couple of weeks. But priority has to be a striker and if that means using Balatonis wage for that then sadly has to be. We have a few defenders shortly coming back anyway Kinniburgh, Lindsay etc so may as well use them. Forward wise we are pretty weak Dargo to me is just another injury prone journeyman, have my doubts over Stewart and Elliot and Doolan need to up their game.

Certainly dont agree with those who have been accusing Conrad of being a waster but sadly when we dont have a lot of money we need to prioritise the money we do have

• Members
Forward wise we are pretty weak Dargo to me is just another injury prone journeyman, have my doubts over Stewart and Elliot and Doolan need to up their game.

TL, we don't even get the ball into the box for the strikers to have a chance of messing up. If the strikers were missing chances, then fair play, have a go at them. But they are not even getting goalscoring opportunities!

TL, we don't even get the ball into the box for the strikers to have a chance of messing up. If the strikers were missing chances, then fair play, have a go at them. But they are not even getting goalscoring opportunities!

All above is undeniable. It would've taken an exceptional striker, way above our present level, to have scored many goals for us this season so far.

I think his contract is up in January, so it will not be a loan deal.

Are you sure Alan?

I was under the impression that his contract with Hearts is up at the end of the season but that they were looking to pay him off early in Jan along with Calum Elliot and a couple of other guys they have out on loan just now.

Are you sure Alan?

I was under the impression that his contract with Hearts is up at the end of the season but that they were looking to pay him off early in Jan along with Calum Elliot and a couple of other guys they have out on loan just now.

It depends what paper you've read. I've certainly picked up conflicting reports.

I'd imagine the situation at Tyncastle is rather fluid to say the least. A lot could depend on how many 1st team players depart in January. Given Vlad's latest passion they'll probably keep only the tall ones or those that can jump.