Putting My Optomistic Hat On

Dick Dastardly

Looking at our next 3 games, we have 2 very winnable fixtures at home to Raith and Queens. We then go to Dingwall on a bit of a run, so who knows, maybe a win there too. Meenwhile Ross have to face Dundee and Falkirk, two matches that they could easily loose.

As we play Hamilton on the Friday, it is not impossible that we could go top for 24 hours !

Well ..... It could happen !

Sorry to knock your hat off, but...

We have only just won 2 consecutive league matches for the first time since March.

We haven't won 3 consecutive league matches since October 2009.

We haven't won 4 consecutive league matches since October 2006.

I'd love to see us do it, but we don't seem to go on "a bit of a run" very regularly.

Looking at our next 3 games, we have 2 very winnable fixtures at home to Raith and Queens. We then go to Dingwall on a bit of a run, so who knows, maybe a win there too. Meenwhile Ross have to face Dundee and Falkirk, two matches that they could easily loose.

As we play Hamilton on the Friday, it is not impossible that we could go top for 24 hours !

Well ..... It could happen !

I strongly believe we will win our next 2 games which means we will go to Dingwall on a high, however this season has been so unpredictable you never know whats going to happen....i also fear we are going to sorely miss Kyle Hutton...

Unfortunately it's the Thistle way to mess up now, the minute we're favourites we crumble. We should take 6 points from the 2 home games, but I feel we will draw 1, probably Raith, and up in Dingwall I would be estatic if we got a point. Don't want to burst peoples bubble, but I would be happy with a 4th place finish and something to build on for next season and the next few games will be a test without Hutton, who has played a big part in how we have played recently.

Unfortunately it's the Thistle way to mess up now, the minute we're favourites we crumble. We should take 6 points from the 2 home games, but I feel we will draw 1, probably Raith, and up in Dingwall I would be estatic if we got a point. Don't want to burst peoples bubble, but I would be happy with a 4th place finish and something to build on for next season and the next few games will be a test without Hutton, who has played a big part in how we have played recently.

People have been saying this for years now and no offence mate but am sick of it...We seem to have been consolidating for the last 5 seasons...if and i know its a big if..we found consistency we could win the league not saying we will but thats how we should be thinking instead of this fourth placed medicore pish!

I'd just be happy with a win on Saturday.

Then I'll start thinking about the boxing day match against Queen of the South. Really don't want to get ahead of ourselves. I do have a feeling we are heading in the right direction and there are some very promising players at the club. Very very few at the club are the finished article, only a couple are near the end of their playing days (season or two left). We have a rookie management team learning their trade. Talk of a title challenge (while it would be fantastic) is way to premature just now.

We played well against Morton last quarter and followed it up with a poor performance against Raith Rovers. If the lads are going to develop , they have to go out and get the 3 points this Saturday and try to go on a run of victories. Raith are on a bad run, but they were on one last time as well, a win will not be easy.

Of course, when we do go on a run (or two or three),beautiful things can happen.

Cheers for putting this up some happy memories there, great season! :thumbsup2: One that sticks out was the win away to Inverness on the 8th december, two late goals from Hardie. You can see me on the video behind the goal going mental after Hardie's second, still makes me laugh watching it! :frantic:

On the other hand if Ross County win their 3 games - against current 2nd, 3rd and 4th then the League could effectively be over - by early January.

Doubt anything will be decided in the short term but escaping from the perils of the bottom of the league by March might be nice for us.

One game at a time I think. We will need to break down a stuffy Rovers team. If we get the first goal I feel we will go onto win the game.

The team need to perform better against defensive, counter-attacking teams. Maybe bringing Erskine in for extra creativity for Hutton will help matters.

I have growing faith in the manager. He's adjusted the system to suit the players we have and form has picked up, especially on the road.

We've even grabbed three goals from corners in the last two games, another previous bugbear.

He seems to be keen on selecting in form players, but will shake things up as required.

Fox seems more like his old self after Scully showed up as a capable under-study.

All positive signs in my book.

I'll take 2-0 on Saturday. Doolan and Balatoni to score.

People have been saying this for years now and no offence mate but am sick of it...We seem to have been consolidating for the last 5 seasons...if and i know its a big if..we found consistency we could win the league not saying we will but thats how we should be thinking instead of this fourth placed medicore pish!

On the whole, agree with your way of thinking.

On the other hand if Ross County win their 3 games - against current 2nd, 3rd and 4th then the League could effectively be over - by early January.

True, or put another way, we could be there nearest challengers come 2nd January, with 4 whole months of the season still to go (and a gap of anything between 6 and 12 points, not insurmounatable).

I think a confident jags team will win 5-0 on saturday!

This is the optimistic thread afterall :thumbsup2:

We do owe them a doing or two for some games against them in past few seasons.

Think positive. Supporters, players and manager alike.

As long as we've chipped away at their lead by the time we meet them i'll be happy. We do need Flakirk and Dumdee to help though.

Good couple of games coming up - hope we can get the crowds to Firhill to boost the coffers for our January raid in transfer market. :crazy:

Ross County are still the best team i've seen visit us this season - they'll be hard for anybody to beat.

I agree, I just think though this season with it being Jackie's first managerial appointment that a transition period may be needed to allow him to get up to speed, as we all know how hard it is to get out this league and it would be unrealistic to think about winning the league with an unexperianced manager. I'm hoping next year we can push on and challenge, because like you im tired of finishing mid table and not challenging for the title.

Unless the mighty Hertz go down the toilet - which is looking quite likely right now.

Ah but you're forgetting the first rule guideline of the Self Preservation League: if there is any reason not to relegate a club, particularly if clubs like Motherwell or [more likely] Aberdeen finish bottom of the table, don't. If Hearts were to bite the dust, we'd still only see one club promoted.