Madaschi

thistledome

Big Madaschi has been playing really well for Melbourne Heart in the Aussie A League. He even managed to hit the cross bar last week with a good header.He just strolls around at the back ala Hansen and passes the ball well and marks his opponents really well. Could be in the Aussie squad for the world cup if he keeps it up.

Another who is doing really weel is McGlinchey who plays for the Central Coast Mariners. He gets stuck right in and is always hungry for the ball . The fans up there love him. He takes on his opponents and is dangerous going forward and

lays on for his strikers. The Mariners are currently top of the ladder and the Heart are not far behind.

Slippers is currently playing with some Aussie outfit i believe, Sutherland Sharks. Talentless little toad!

Are they a ladies team? Slippers' priority at all times is to obtain his hole. No doubt some Sheila will be impressed by tales about his 'heroics' in a past life. :thumbdown:

Edited by Blackpool Jags

How does Aussie football compare to Scottish?

When i was over in Oz 10 years ago is was pretty pish stuff..went to a few Perth glory games....and at the time I would say it wsnt as good as our 1st division.

I think though it would be safe to say that their game has probably improved considerably since then compared to our steady decline :(

When i was over in Oz 10 years ago is was pretty pish stuff..went to a few Perth glory games....and at the time I would say it wsnt as good as our 1st division.

I think though it would be safe to say that their game has probably improved considerably since then compared to our steady decline :(

It's on a par with the Scottish 1ST Div

Slippers is currently playing with some Aussie outfit i believe, Sutherland Sharks. Talentless little toad!

The real problem with "Slippers" wasn't that he was talentless - he was very talented, but he was a waster who could have done a lot better for himself (and the teams he played turned out for) but instead completely blew the opportunities he had.

Given the size of the crowds in the A-League and the fact that their TV coverage extends as far as the UK you'd think the players must be on SPL size wages at least, if I was a 1st Division standard player in Scotland I'd be over there like a shot. Greenock or the Gold Coast, tough choice really.

But played in the sunshine in nice stadiums with big crowds. And maybe even with beer.

Quality on the park may be similar to ours (see Simon Storey for example) but the quality of the overall football experience must be so much better in Australia.

It was glorious though standing in sand like bing with swigging beer..however a lot of the time there is no away support so the atmosphere was kinda like Firhill these days!