Just In From The Kids Christmas Party

jasmclaughlin

A great night for the Wee MacBees ,although not as many kids there as last year. Good turnout from management and players. McNamara, Donnelly, Maxwell and Hincliffe. Plus Paton, Elliot, Sinclair, Stewart and Archibald. They all took part in the games, limbo dancing and congas. A big thanks to the club and Charlie Kirkwood for the bouncy castle-highlight of the night.

.... and Conrad was there as well.

Trying not to read too much into that one, but out of everyone that turned up I did think it was particularly good of Conrad to show face.

He's only on loan with us and his last game is in 4 sleeps - it says something about him (and his feelings towards Thistle) that he made the effort tonight. Well done Conrad.

Well done also to all that organised tonight - the kids all had fun and the more they can associate a trip to Firhill with having a good time, the better.

Just want to add my thanks to all involved. Thought it was great seeing the players all taking part in stuff with the kids. Mrs Lenny certainly enjoyed holding onto Conrad's Calvin klein undies during the conga!

Had a good chat with most of the lads tonight. Jackie hopeful of getting a couple of loan deals in january. Understandably didn't say who, as deals not concluded yet.

conrad's situation is a bit up in the air.Hearts want him back but neither he nor Jackie know if they will release him and given the goings on at hearts just now, he could well find himself playing in first team.

all the lads seemed very down about the Raith result and are determined to get the win on boxing day.

Very good night and all the kids seemed to have a great time.

Trying not to read too much into that one, but out of everyone that turned up I did think it was particularly good of Conrad to show face.

He's only on loan with us and his last game is in 4 sleeps - it says something about him (and his feelings towards Thistle) that he made the effort tonight. Well done Conrad.

Something I've said on a couple of occasions before. Conrad turned up for the Firhill Day in May, when he was effectively no longer on loan, and he also attended the '71 Night in October. Too often we've had guys on loan I've suspected have had attitude problems. Clearly Conrad isn't afflicted with that.

Just want to add my thanks to all involved. Thought it was great seeing the players all taking part in stuff with the kids. Mrs Lenny certainly enjoyed holding onto Conrad's Calvin klein undies during the conga!

Had a good chat with most of the lads tonight. Jackie hopeful of getting a couple of loan deals in january. Understandably didn't say who, as deals not concluded yet.

conrad's situation is a bit up in the air.Hearts want him back but neither he nor Jackie know if they will release him and given the goings on at hearts just now, he could well find himself playing in first team.

all the lads seemed very down about the Raith result and are determined to get the win on boxing day.

Very good night and all the kids seemed to have a great time.

Did Jackie without naming names indicate if they were youngsters from the Old firm.

I wasnt at the party but well done all the players who put in appearances. I know Tommy Stewart gets quite a bit of stick on here - from me as much as anyone, but by all accounts he is a nice lad and seems to go along to a lot of these events and speak to the fans. Personally I think he is not an ideal striker but maybe better suited to midfield as seems to be better at setting up chances clearly than taking any. Good on him for puttng in appearances at these events.

Did Jackie without naming names indicate if they were youngsters from the Old firm.

I wasnt at the party but well done all the players who put in appearances. I know Tommy Stewart gets quite a bit of stick on here - from me as much as anyone, but by all accounts he is a nice lad and seems to go along to a lot of these events and speak to the fans. Personally I think he is not an ideal striker but maybe better suited to midfield as seems to be better at setting up chances clearly than taking any. Good on him for puttng in appearances at these events.

He didn't say where they were coming from but hoped we'd get in two. He mentioned Hutton being a loss and I got the impression a similar style of player may be on his wish list.

Tommy Stewart is a very decent bloke. all the lads who were at the event were. some are more shy/quiet than others....Aaron and Archie are very quiet. Conrad was up most of the night taking part in games. Very likable young man.

I do feel that if some took the time to have a chat with these guys, they maybe would get to know them a bit better and perhaps not be so vicious with their slating of them. They all come across as very dedicated guys. Tommy Stewart seems determined to get himself back in the starting line up and is desperate to get goals. He knows better than anyone he should have more goals this season and he came across that he is frustrated with that.

The lads all agreed that we don't create enough clear cut chances for the forwards and they want to do more of that. They also all feel, that on our day we are a match for any team in the league but must get more consistant and stop dropping points to teams at bottom of league.

Oh and Paton is loving his new role in the team.

He didn't say where they were coming from but hoped we'd get in two. He mentioned Hutton being a loss and I got the impression a similar style of player may be on his wish list.

Tommy Stewart is a very decent bloke. all the lads who were at the event were. some are more shy/quiet than others....Aaron and Archie are very quiet. Conrad was up most of the night taking part in games. Very likable young man.

I do feel that if some took the time to have a chat with these guys, they maybe would get to know them a bit better and perhaps not be so vicious with their slating of them. They all come across as very dedicated guys. Tommy Stewart seems determined to get himself back in the starting line up and is desperate to get goals. He knows better than anyone he should have more goals this season and he came across that he is frustrated with that.

The lads all agreed that we don't create enough clear cut chances for the forwards and they want to do more of that. They also all feel, that on our day we are a match for any team in the league but must get more consistant and stop dropping points to teams at bottom of league.

Oh and Paton is loving his new role in the team.

yes ,its good to see the younger lads making an effort,it all helps with team/club spirit