Irish Player?

ken1876

I heard a rumour we have signed an Irish player who is supposed to be really good, apparantly Mcnamara watched him once and said hes better than anyone we have. (which might not be saying much!). I also heard he was meant to play in a bounce game vs rangers but mcnamara withdrew him incase rangers tried to sign him first. Anyone else heard about this? Does sound like bollox to be honest but we could do with some good news after saturday!

I heard a rumour we have signed an Irish player who is supposed to be really good, apparantly Mcnamara watched him once and said hes better than anyone we have. (which might not be saying much!). I also heard he was meant to play in a bounce game vs rangers but mcnamara withdrew him incase rangers tried to sign him first. Anyone else heard about this? Does sound like bollox to be honest but we could do with some good news after saturday!

Aw Naw!!! Another Chris Turner?

We've evidently had to send Dargo a-packing as we can't afford to sign him. Craig has been playing for nothing so perhaps we can use some of that to finance the mystery Irishman deal?

Is that some Irish logic your using there :D I know a few Irish guys that would work on, unfortunately they aren't very good at football.

We've evidently had to send Dargo a-packing as we can't afford to sign him. Craig has been playing for nothing so perhaps we can use some of that to finance the mystery Irishman deal?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/cup-costs-jags-a-dargo-deal-1.1143082

“I spoke to Craig and unfortunately we do not have the money available to keep him at the club,” said McNamara. “That is the harsh reality of the Queens result on Saturday. It is disappointing.

“It would have been nice to have kept Craig until the end of the season, he gives us a bit of experience and guile up front, but we aren’t in that position, unfortunately. He did well for us and we wish him all the best for the future.”

It looks like we can't afford anyone other than a cheap loan.

Dargo, a player who was without a Club since last season is offered the chance to come in and impress.

Financial state of the game in Scotland is that screwed is that Clubs aren't in a position to go in and offer him a contract.

McNamara: "Craig, would you be interested in coming in and playing as a trialist and then maybe for a month after that, one month contract. If it's a success, we'll see where it goes from there"

Dargo: "Yeah great"

Both parties benefit, McNamara manages to add to his squad and Dargo is offered a chance to come in and prove himself worthy of a contract, after not being paid for around 5-6 months. Dargo is obviously going to do his up most to land a deal.

The idea that because he may have been playing for nothing for over a month does not equate to his lack of goals at all.

Imagine Dargo speaking to a relative or a friend about getting an opportunity at Thistle:

"Aye, I'll play as a trialist at first and after that McNamara's offered me the chance to play until January, but they're skint and won't be offering a wage until January, if something happens with the cup game. It gives me a good chance to get match fit and get myself in the shop window. However, because I'm not getting paid by the Club, who have helped us out I won't be trying at all when I play for them"

That's just stupid.

I imagine so. I had a look on the Linfield website through a few match reports and he doesn't seem to have featured much recently. I don't know how well that level compares with ours but the few match reports I've seen him mentioned in he doesn't sound too bad at all.

If he can't get a game for a Norn Irn team then he can't be up to much.

Very odd signing, if he was some sort or oddity superstar coming through their ranks he wouldn't be coming to us. Given the number of teams after the lad who has been banging them in for Cliftonville scouts are clearly all over that league and virtually anyone who can afford to send a scout there can afford better terms than us.