Kenny Richey ( I Miss The Old Threads)

Mencius

classic threads. i actually remember ending the last thread i commented on with the apocryphal (to paraphrase) "he's your problem now, i'm glad my tax dollars aren't paying for his appeals any more." years pass, run-ins with the law in the UK and then he pops up back in the States like the bad penny he is. maybe i'll take the contrary position and argue for his release.

I remember those threads as well. Absolutely could not believe that there were people prepared to stand up for him and claim he was a decent guy...

I participated in many of those threads and I don't recall anyone saying he was a 'decent' guy. A great many said that they had doubts about his guilt from what they'd read about his case.

He and his brothers were - and are - trouble. Tom Richey's in jail for murder. Kenny Richey's capital murder trial was flawed to the point of being a joke and an affront to the notion of justice - I believed that then and believe that now.

What Kenny Richey does in Ohio, Mississippi or Edinburgh is neither here nor there today. He's a cornerboy. What Ohio wanted to do to Richey on the basis of shakey testimony should alarm people a whole lot more.