Clyde To Groundshare With Us Next Season?

Thistle_1876

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of groundshare I see Ross Co are making overtures to share with ICT. Apart from the obvious irony from a Jags point of view I hope County are allowed to play at Inverness. I'd hate when we play them again we go to Dingwall to find Victoria Pk all lego-ised.

Tough on fans of SPL clubs missing out on a trip to Dingwall, I certainly wouldn't relish going four times to whatever ICT call their ground, but for the greater good of Scottish football and all that.

That would be tragic. Ross County's ground is already superior to ICT's in all respects as a venue to watch a football match, and with some minor tinkering -- ok, some major reconstruction -- it could be a Bernabeu of the north. Not sure how RC fans would take to having to watch their team in the SPL at ICT's dump. Either they could go for a GIRUY reaction, or they might be peeved at supporting their team all the way and then having to de-camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdyoX7IZK2E

this is the way forward no rugby no clyde ,

work hard at getting the young ones from maryhill area back supporting the jags.

It was good to see quite a few youngsters cheering on Stenny against Stirling in the video of last Saturday's match. I'm actually impressed by the number of youngsters at Firhill who look like they're enjoying thing especially when we score/win. You even get wee child-voice chants in support of the Jags, thought this tends to diminish as the season goes on! The U-16=free initiative is brilliant, and I hope we'll continue it permanently.

woudent let them near the place scummy b-------d,

last time they wrecked the place shit on seats,pissed everywhere ,

still think they owe money as they didnt pay for the damage

remember the cold water showers at there park

these guys hate thistle with a passion

you talking about clyde or the lambies doos?

Reading between the lines that 'Weegian article, you'd be looking at what 50, 60K tops? Not to be sniffed at if it that was clear profit, but would they also have to pay for stewards, upkeep of ground, lighting, etc.? If so, hardly worth it.

They sold their souls when they moved to Cumbernam; let them reap as they have sowed...

If you're talking about Stenny's artificial surface and the additional benefits it brings then yes, I agree.

I feel our plans for a similar pitch may have fallen down on commercial judgement. Stenny, Alloa & Montrose can and do recoup investment at a fair rate as they're basically the only show in town. For large part of the year Alloa have to obviously provide floodlighting etc. They can achieve net profit largely because often enough they're able to rent out their pitch three games playing across the pitch simultaneously. In addition their chairman, Mulraney (a builder), was able to finance the cost of the pitch by a property deal. In short Alloa FC hit the ground running with this commercial venture.

The other clubs with artificial pitches have no aspiration to play SPL football and thus can project financial return over lengthy periods. How would we feel if Beattie came out with a business plan that incorporated us never playing top flight football in the next ten years or longer?

I expect it'll be the double whammy of possibly having to rip up the pitch and competition beating down any projected rental return that has as much to do with Beattie's decision as just the outlay

How would we feel if Beattie came out with a business plan that incorporated us never playing top flight football in the next ten years or longer?

Sh1t... You mean a realistic one? not full of bullsh1t and bravado. one that actually treated the fans with resepct and honesty, instead of treating us like mugs?

na, it would never happen, no point going there!