What's Happened To The Firhill Shed Boys

jlsarmy

The last two home games against Ross County and Meadowbank could have been played in a library such was the lack of atmosphere,granted there wasn't a lot to sing about,has apathy set in ? ,has the over zealous stewarding and policing quietened the famous FS boys,don't let them, the team needs you or we could end up in another relegation battle.

The last two home games against Ross County and Meadowbank could have been played in a library such was the lack of atmosphere,granted there wasn't a lot to sing about,has apathy set in ? ,has the over zealous stewarding and policing quietened the famous FS boys,don't let them, the team needs you or we could end up in another relegation battle.

Yes the last two home games the atmosphere has been poor, even at junior games the crowds are louder, the stewarding is a joke, mini Hitlers , i have been to old firm games and the stewarding has not been as bad, the stewards at Firhill need to get a grip and not be so serious and let the Jags fans enjoy themselves, i can see crowds getting smaller at Firhill.

Yes the last two home games the atmosphere has been poor, even at junior games the crowds are louder, the stewarding is a joke, mini Hitlers , i have been to old firm games and the stewarding has not been as bad, the stewards at Firhill need to get a grip and not be so serious and let the Jags fans enjoy themselves, i can see crowds getting smaller at Firhill.

Are you blaming the lack of atmosphere at the last two games on the quality of stewarding? If so have you any specific complaints about the quality of stewarding specifically over the last two games?

It's surely too important for the future of the Club to be losing fans or fans losing interest due to something that should be as trivial as stewarding.

I hope then if you have a complaint you address it to the Club as apparently they dealt with the last specific complaint about the stewarding (three home matches ago) in a commendable fashion.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The quality of the football is rubbish, and quite a lot of 'us' have stopped going as regularly.

Was a good atmosphere in QOTS although that was small factions of shed, bishie and cumbernauld

Probably the last two home games,making the point the shed boys were loyal supporters,if you dont agree what do you think it is ?

I don't think loyalty is the issue here. The whole atmosphere, Firhill layout debate has been down to death on here, so need to go over old ground. I can't speak on the behalf of others.

It may be that theyve decided that their hard earned cash deserves better rewards for what Thistle are offering, and as such are picking and choosing their games. As we all know there has been a general malaise in football and Thistle have been showing NO signs of going forward and it may be that after so many false dawns, they have decided enough is enough.

It may be that theyve decided that their hard earned cash deserves better rewards for what Thistle are offering, and as such are picking and choosing their games. As we all know there has been a general malaise in football and Thistle have been showing NO signs of going forward and it may be that after so many false dawns, they have decided enough is enough.

I reckon that's probably it in a nutshell. There's only so much mediocrity you can take before singing that "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" starts to sound even more ridiculous. Thistle have been able to string together two consecutive wins....... once in the entire season. Basically, what is there to sing about? By now I know that I'm no' a Killie.

The stadium is far too big for the club.

That's probably as much to do with the lack of atmosphere as anything tho' I'd say more to do with the sheer size of the JHS.

As to why what atmosphere we usually get has dropped further over the last two games I wouldn't know. jlsarmy cited the thingy with the steward at the Accies game. I can't really imagine the Jags fans in the singing section are so fickle and easily upset they'd chuck it due to the actions of one wayward steward living in a parallel universe. Think joejag and Uber will be closer to the truth.

I haven't been to a game at all in the last couple of months, heehaw to do with team performance, stewarding etc, just life. Making my return on Saturday and expect a good atmosphere to be created by Jags fans. As for the home atmosphere, it was dying as far back as January, dunno why...cauld weather mixed with dire performances and nothing other than 'also rans' to play for. I stand in 'The Shed' (it's NOT The Shed) and could be considered a 'Shed Boy' (feckin stupid name, Firhill Aggro will do thanks, why re-invent the wheel ;)), what puts me off the most is when you start up a song and about 30seconds in you realise it's only yourself and the two guys either side of you singing. Also, when there is a bit of a crowd singing (in 'The Shed' that usually equates to about 50 people tops) it goes as far across as hospitality and about ten rows down from the back. I've always been in agreement about switching 'The Shed' and the kids zone about, put hospitality where the police are and put the police where the hospitality is currently (if this can be done).

In the meantime, cannae wait for Ayr :)

I haven't been to a game at all in the last couple of months, heehaw to do with team performance, stewarding etc, just life. Making my return on Saturday and expect a good atmosphere to be created by Jags fans. As for the home atmosphere, it was dying as far back as January, dunno why...cauld weather mixed with dire performances and nothing other than 'also rans' to play for. I stand in 'The Shed' (it's NOT The Shed) and could be considered a 'Shed Boy' (feckin stupid name, Firhill Aggro will do thanks, why re-invent the wheel ;)), what puts me off the most is when you start up a song and about 30seconds in you realise it's only yourself and the two guys either side of you singing. Also, when there is a bit of a crowd singing (in 'The Shed' that usually equates to about 50 people tops) it goes as far across as hospitality and about ten rows down from the back. I've always been in agreement about switching 'The Shed' and the kids zone about, put hospitality where the police are and put the police where the hospitality is currently (if this can be done).

In the meantime, cannae wait for Ayr :)

this genuinely made me laugh out loud :clapping:

Things have been difficult this season, no doubt about it.

Is it any coincidence that after the stewarding issues the singing section has been dead? It's definitely played a part, in my opinion. I wasn't at the Ross County game, but I was shocked to see how dead the place was on saturday, so much so that we decided to move down to the front and enjoy the sunshine.

There are plans to move the singing section, and they are quite radical, especially for PTFC. I spoke to a few of the boys about it on Saturday and the reaction seemed positive.

Will start a new thread when more details are available.

Things have been difficult this season, no doubt about it.

Is it any coincidence that after the stewarding issues the singing section has been dead? It's definitely played a part, in my opinion. I wasn't at the Ross County game, but I was shocked to see how dead the place was on saturday, so much so that we decided to move down to the front and enjoy the sunshine.

There are plans to move the singing section, and they are quite radical, especially for PTFC. I spoke to a few of the boys about it on Saturday and the reaction seemed positive.

Will start a new thread when more details are available.

How about onto the bing? You can always count on Bing for a good song!

Edited by Jaggernaut