"One Thistle" Discussion

Dark Passenger

Who does the 'One Thistle' team comprise of? I haven't seen any announcements other than the one saying it was due to be formed. Obviously things are now moving, which is a good thing, but I thought it might have been an idea to introduce them so fans with ideas could begin approaching them and engaging with them, too.

Note from admin:

The discussion from the Proposed Move Of Singing Section thread regarding the One Thistle team and any apparent lack of transparency has been separated and included in this new thread.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much more i can add to what Ian has stated above.

Again, just to say i was impressed with the enthusiasm displayed by Jim and Lance (and Maxi) when we met up. It would seem that the One Thistle Team is the way forward and will give us the fans and the Club, the chance to progress, in a way that wasn't previously available.

This is something that the One Thistle guys have spent a lot of time planning and discussing with the police, to ensure they are aware of how it will work. There will be a slight police presence to begin with, maybe one or two, but that will purely be to show to them that we are no political movement or such.... Just that we are a bunch of folk looking to have fun and create an atmosphere in the ground, to back the team.

On the back of theis, it will also see the home team moving to the North end of the ground to warm up, thus allowing the kids section greater access to the players pre match and at half time etc.

One benefit of us moving to the North Stand is that it becomes our stand, and it will remain our stand no matter who we play against. We will not be moved.

how does that work? i thought the one thistle thing had just been announced two weeks ago and the club was looking for people to get involved?

Well Ian and others obviously got involved.

clearly and should be applauded for doing so.

it was this bit "One Thistle guys have spent a lot of time planning and discussing with the police" that got me confused because i thought one thistle had only been launched two weeks ago

how does that work? i thought the one thistle thing had just been announced two weeks ago and the club was looking for people to get involved?

My guess would be that this initiative has been in the pipeline for a good while, with some ground work already having been started. They have managed come up with a positive alternative to the match day atmosphere, after consulting and getting the go ahead from the police.

The moaning, staleness of the fans match day choice and atmosphere in the ground has been taking into account and a solution to this has been proposed. This indicates the One Thistle team are consulting and working with the fans as one.

A positive step like this can only encourage more people to get involved.

Edited by northernsoul

Julie Ann,

The One Thistle Team has been in place for some time and is already working closely with The Club on things like season tickets, marketing etc.

Just because it was announced a few weeks ago, doesn't mean that it was thought up that day.

Dave.J

that makes sense, thanks. at least the clear (or confused?) communications coming out of firhill haven't changed. hope the press who covered the story as a new initiative don't read this and realise they've been spun a line as its really been going on for ages.

that makes sense, thanks. at least the clear (or confused?) communications coming out of firhill haven't changed. hope the press who covered the story as a new initiative don't read this and realise they've been spun a line as its really been going on for ages.

‘The One Thistle’ team is a professional fans’ based group that will join in the responsibility for a wide variety of the Clubs’ activities including;

The above from the Club statement clearly states that the onethistle team had already been formed -there has been no line "spun" that I can see

‘The One Thistle’ team is a professional fans’ based group that will join in the responsibility for a wide variety of the Clubs’ activities including;

The above from the Club statement clearly states that the onethistle team had already been formed -there has been no line "spun" that I can see

In that case you'll be able to tell us who's involved and what their roles are.

Edited by Dark Passenger

this seems to suggest a bit different: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-first/partick-thistle/301161-thistle-announce-unique-collaboration-with-fans-to-run-club/

or should it say "thistle announce unique collaboration with fans that was launched a while ago"?

is one thistle the same group of professionals that the club formed and announced two years ago?

this seems to suggest a bit different: http://sport.stv.tv/...ns-to-run-club/

or should it say "thistle announce unique collaboration with fans that was launched a while ago"?

is one thistle the same group of professionals that the club formed and announced two years ago?

Not really sure what point you're trying to make Jools? In any event, it seems to be rather off topic, so perhaps you want to start a new thread and we can all have a proper discussion?

this seems to suggest a bit different: http://sport.stv.tv/...ns-to-run-club/

The STV article looks to me like a rehash of the Club Statement which is pretty clear as for the group of proffesional fans announced two years ago no idea what that was tbh ,it may or may not be best person to ask is Greig Brown I suppose.

Erm, why the secrecy? Surely that's defeating the point?

Im quite sure people will stick there head above the parapet as time goes on -I think the idea is about delivering for the fans of PTFC and improving the Club -if people dont want to put themselves into the Public domian then they will be allowed to do that -new concept ,new rules.

So do you think the proposed move is positive ?

new concept ,new rules.

New concept, your rules, you mean.

And yes, I think the reaction here suggests it's a positive move but I don't understand why a veil of secrecy is being applied. That's a PR gaff, in my opinion. You want engagement, then tell us who to engage with beyond your good self.

New concept, your rules, you mean.

And yes, I think the reaction here suggests it's a positive move but I don't understand why a veil of secrecy is being applied. That's a PR gaff, in my opinion. You want engagement, then tell us who to engage with beyond your good self.

If people want to say they work for onethistle its up to them -there are no rules and I certianly dont make them -they aim is to deliver so people will judge on action not the person.

The STV article looks to me like a rehash of the Club Statement which is pretty clear as for the group of proffesional fans announced two years ago no idea what that was tbh ,it may or may not be best person to ask is Greig Brown I suppose.

the professional group, the big hitters from the marketing and advertising world that were going to come up with some big things. a new big fundraiser was one thing that was mentioned which has never materialised. 'coming soon' seemed to be about as far as that got.

if the one thistle thing has been going on for some time now and fans were already signed up in secret then what was the point of the big announcement? how does someone get into the secret society that no-one tells anyone what they do and no names are mentioned? does someone offering their help have to sign a non disclosure agreement to say they won't say what they do or who else is involved?

you used to be one of the loudest voices about the closed shop at firhill. for years the question about what each director's responsibilities are has never been explained for every director and now you're suggesting that the big game changer where fans come together for the benefit of the club is just the same as its always been?

when does the penny drop?

Not really sure what point you're trying to make Jools? In any event, it seems to be rather off topic, so perhaps you want to start a new thread and we can all have a proper discussion?

the point only developed here through a series of posts that developed into a discussion. i'm sure you know exactly what the point is Stolesy

the professional group, the big hitters from the marketing and advertising world that were going to come up with some big things. a new big fundraiser was one thing that was mentioned which has never materialised. 'coming soon' seemed to be about as far as that got.

if the one thistle thing has been going on for some time now and fans were already signed up in secret then what was the point of the big announcement? how does someone get into the secret society that no-one tells anyone what they do and no names are mentioned? does someone offering their help have to sign a non disclosure agreement to say they won't say what they do or who else is involved?

you used to be one of the loudest voices about the closed shop at firhill. for years the question about what each director's responsibilities are has never been explained for every director and now you're suggesting that the big game changer where fans come together for the benefit of the club is just the same as its always been?

Unlike you to find something negative in an otherwise very, very positive move by the club.

Regards the first Group -no idea wasnt involved it was after my services were deemed no longer required by "shareholders"

Yes I believe and still do that Directors responsibilities should be open and measureable and yes I am against any notion of a closed shop -however this is a fan based group -if members of the team want to say they are involved then its up to them -if not then its there perogative -some people dont want the crap that comes with trying to make change.

The group had already been formed to deliver the What a Sensation Night which was a success on every level -onethistle was simply a natural extension of the concept -there is no closed shop -Lance had already given an interview as the Group spokesman on the Jagcast so there were no secrets -I have already had an offer of help since this was announced which I have gladly accepted -so there are no barriers.

onethistle is far from perfect ,mistakes will be made but its a start.

Predictably enough, the usual 2 suspects playing the cynicism card already.

Julie Ann, your posts have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

To everyone else, thanks for the positive feedback. Remember, this is about the fans, and enabling us to provide better backing for the team.

Any ideas please post them here.

The smoking area is a great point, and one which hadn't been discussed before, but certainly will now.

brilliant. you've earned your club colours already with that answer. someone asks a question that doesn't fit and its seen as being negative. why not look at trying and make one thistle the thing that sheds the suspicion and mistrust that has existed at firhill for so many years? be clear with telling people what's going on instead of, well, not being clear. how can the club expect to get people interested if at every turn there's a group of fans appearing to be off in wee secret groups doing things? its how its always done at thistle so why not push through a different way? why not really put some impact behind one thistle by telling the fans who these others fans are behind the big moves for a positive change. who knows when fans see the guys sitting in the seat next to them they might actually be motivated to do the same. instead, its same old thistle, a group of fans with the best of intentions of making positive moves start getting drawn into the secret world of thistle where no-one outside of the group knows who does what and, when they are asked, the doors slam shut and those asking the questions are seen as being negative. do you not think it would be a really positive thing to see the faces of the fans who are part of the one thistle initiative? until something really changes then there will still be those who think its a load of bluster. when i heard the one thistle announcement i had a little ripple of positivity that something could really be changing but with what has come out in the last couple of hours i just think we're back to where we were before. you've always been a fan with a big voice (not a criticism) and not scared of speaking out. i'm amazed that you can't see the flaw in the way things are being presented.

for the record i applaud you for getting involved and making what you and your group see as positive change.

I want One Thistle to be successful. I also want it to appear transparent and feel inclusive. Not sure why that should be seen as a negative.

There might be instances where a volunteer would wish to remain if not exactly anonymous then low key. I can think of at least a couple of fairly obvious reasons for that but I can't see why the operations should not be transparent.and inclusive.