Rangers V Partick Thistle Benefit Match?

redhulk44

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, i feel sick! a stain on Thistle, im wondering if there is any Orangemen still associated with Thistle?

Chill out, it was in a different era. One were it was acceptable to be Orange...a hundred odd years on nearly a hundred years on and we can all see there is only one Club who have yet to move with the times on that score.

oops, got the sums badly wrong there :blush:

Edited by Steven H

Yes it was a different era and thank God we have moved on, im sure the guy who sold me a programme last week was wearing a Masonic ring, (only joking) :happy2:

You've said you're joking, which is fair enough, but what if he was? The Masonic Lodge and the Orange Order are two separate entities.

As for orangemen, I don't agree with what they stand for and I think their parades are a pain in the arse, but I couldn't really care if a Thistle fan was one. They'd be a Thistle fan first and foremost in my eyes, no matter if I disagree with their religious/political views.

Edited by Dark Passenger

My Father was a Mason and my Father inlaw is one, personally i think any secret society is bonkers and quite funny, i can't see members of the Orange lodge or Free Masons attending Thistle games, most of them will be Rangers supporters, just like the Knights of St Columbus are Celtic fans.

we have members of the Orange Order who are diehard Jags Fans and I have no doubt many older fans are Masons.

If we are true to ourselves where we support a Football Team without Politics or Religion then its reasonable to assume we will have a cross representation of West of Scotland Society.

we have members of the Orange Order who are diehard Jags Fans and I have no doubt many older fans are Masons.

If we are true to ourselves where we support a Football Team without Politics or Religion then its reasonable to assume we will have a cross representation of West of Scotland Society.

I'm certainly cross.

I grew up in the Eastend of Glasgow and all Orange Lodge members i knew were Rangers fans, i never heard of any of them say they were Jags fans, If you were a Jags fan you would be laughed at, im suprised to hear that there are Orange lodge diehard Jag fans, there can't be that many?

I wouldn't think so. In fact you could probably finger them on the counters of h u n land.

Yes your right, i would hate to think there are Bigoted Orange Lodge Jags supporters sitting in Firhill on a Saturday afternoon, thats what i love about Partick Thistle FC its about the football, not like the OF bigot scum drunk neds! :thumbdown:

First not all OF Firms are bigot scum neds just the same as not all Jags Fans are West End Bohemians -football Clubs attract a cross section of Society we are no different ,again I would point out that a Fans religous or political beliefs have hee haw to do with his support for PTFC we are not pro or anti anything we are simply a Football Club.