New Songs

PaleGreySky

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I posted one on the Facebook page but I know that we'd never take it up as it is to the tune of "fields of athenry" and Liverpool call fields of Anfield Road. See I'm not into the fact people won't sing a song due to it being a "celtic" song, or a song sung by any other team. Any song sung would be a thistle song, as it would be about thistle.....just to the tune of ....well whatever the tune we decide to sing it to.

any way, here is my offering.

Oh oh, our dreams , down Firhill Road.

Where once we watched the King of Spain play.

Bobby Lawrie, on the wing

We had dreams and songs to sing

Oh the glory , of our dreams down Firhill Road.

Lenny, that's horrid.

Lenny, that's horrid.

Agreed. Come on Lenny, behave yersel :P

I am dead against using any song related to the OF, even seen on facebook that one fan change the words of just cant get enough to be Thistley...just NO!!!

Our Hello Hello song has kinda been changed given the sectarian legislation stuff. At Ayr the last line became "We're Glasgows only football team" and seemed to work quite well.

Agreed. Come on Lenny, behave yersel :P

I am dead against using any song related to the OF, even seen on facebook that one fan change the words of just cant get enough to be Thistley...just NO!!!

Our Hello Hello song has kinda been changed given the sectarian legislation stuff. At Ayr the last line became "We're Glasgows only football team" and seemed to work quite well.

Think I'm a little out of touch with reality.........though to be fair , i didn't think it would go down well. Still, i tried.

An easy one for Rowson would be the tune "When Johnny comes Marching Home" (or the animals went in two by two)

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

David Rowson Thistle's number 8

Maybe a bit boring but it's great when you have a large number of people singing it (perhaps not right for Thistle then). Stoke fans used to do it for Fuller (when he was a club legend, before he stamped on Ivanovic) and it was great hearing the whole ground singing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkr-1iWVX7Y

Hi Chris,

You got me thinking............ but I'll recover ^_^

Here's a version:

When Thistle need a goal to win, C’mon the Jags!!

Up steps the man to stick one in, The Harry Wraggs!!

A rocket strike, one with his head, will start the singing in the Shed

“David Rowson, Thistle’s number 8”

An easy one for Rowson would be the tune "When Johnny comes Marching Home" (or the animals went in two by two)

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

David Rowson Thistle's number 8

Maybe a bit boring but it's great when you have a large number of people singing it (perhaps not right for Thistle then). Stoke fans used to do it for Fuller (when he was a club legend, before he stamped on Ivanovic) and it was great hearing the whole ground singing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkr-1iWVX7Y

Cannae, that song was done at Ayr with a very different, and very funny, ending. Christie Elliott got a riddy and pelters aff Balatoni...am no saying the line tho. Someone help me out eh :)