Rab Douglas

Jaggernaut

Guest fredthecheesecloth

My favourite non Thistle player and would love to see him our number 1, that isn't a dig at Fox or Scully.

Gets involved in the banter, swung in the bar. Also a cracking keeper to boot, was certainly Dundee's best player yesterday.

McGregor and Weston are incredibly poor, same as Hyde and MacIntosh.

Rab's totally old school - mental and gives as good as he gets. The kind of character that's disappearing from Scottish football. Stevie Tosh is another one that springs to mind - if anyone was down at Gretna in 2007 (?) and in the sh*t terracing and heard Stevie's banter with the crowd....

Agree.

Game needs these sort of characters. The cynic in me says that it it's a lot easier for guys like Tosh & Douglas to interact as they're players who have made a good living out of football. If a journeyman or younger hopeful acts that way they'd be accused by a section of their own support as being unprofessional or half hearted.

Doesn't take away from the view that we could do with more fun in the game. Refs as well. There used to be at least a few that if you overlooked their flaws and idiosyncrasies were entertaining and perhaps more pertinently maintained a good rapport with the players and on occasions even the fans. I don't suppose I'd take so much exception to today's miserable clones if they were actually good at their job.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett