Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Wish I was as confident as you. In the last week there have been newspaper headlines that claiming that Green has an agreement in place with HMRC and that the h*ns now have come to a compromise with the SFA over their punishment. Whether there is substance to either claim is anybody's guess but I still have a horrible feeling that the h*ns will emerge from all this almost unscathed :no:

Im in the same boat as lots of other people---hoping on hope that they get hammered but knowing that they will either get a punitive punishment or feck all

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in the same boat as lots of other people---hoping on hope that they get hammered but knowing that they will either get a punitive punishment or feck all

Its extremely difficult for anyone inured to the cynical machinations of the Scottish footballing authorities to conceive of them acting other, than in their own narrow self interest.

Yet, recent events have made it so clear that the H*n's arrogance knows no bounds. Not once has there been heard from Govan way any recognition of culpability or even regret. Coming on top of countless examples of frankly unacceptable behavior from Rangers and their supporters, I get the feeling that a psychological Rubicon has now been crossed.

Perhaps, now those who run our game are beginning to think the unthinkable andthat all the tripe about Rangers is just rubbish.

We don't need them and don't want them!

Its extremely difficult for anyone inured to the cynical machinations of the Scottish footballing authorities to conceive of them acting other, than in their own narrow self interest.

Yet, recent events have made it so clear that the H*n's arrogance knows no bounds. Not once has there been heard from Govan way any recognition of culpability or even regret. Coming on top of countless examples of frankly unacceptable behavior from Rangers and their supporters, I get the feeling that a psychological Rubicon has now been crossed.

Perhaps, now those who run our game are beginning to think the unthinkable andthat all the tripe about Rangers is just rubbish.

We don't need them and don't want them!

And just to add, of course, that they don't want us (i.e., Scottish football); to the point that they've been trying to get away for years.

May they rot in hell.

Article in the Scotsman about the financial plight the SPL will be in if rangers were banished. The interesting part to me is the projected wide differential between clubs as to who'll take the bigger hits and who'll be least affected. Again the cynic will not be surprised to see which club chairmen are attracted towards sporting integrity and those other who tend towards commercial judgement.........http://www.scotsman....gers-1-2335890?

I have been deeply disappointed by the SPL decision... Rangers had to be relegated to the SFL 3rd Division.

Dunfermline must appeal to the court, since Rangers did. Dunfermline have every right to remain in the SPL.

But it's not just a problem for the season that has just finished. The h u n s have been cheating all the other clubs for years, including us in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup in 2002. I agree that it would be nice if the SPL kicked them out. But they won't.

I have been deeply disappointed by the SPL decision... Rangers had to be relegated to the SFL 3rd Division.

Dunfermline must appeal to the court, since Rangers did. Dunfermline have every right to remain in the SPL.

Dunfermline have no right to remain in the SPL. The rules on this are (by SPL/SFL standards) crystal clear. After the final whistle at the end of the season, the bottom side (Dunfermline) are relegated. If a member club fails after this, the 2nd team from SFL1 (Dundee) will be promoted. Period. The loosing side in each SFL playoff will also be promotted. Period.

Secondly, what decision have the SPL made ? They said that each case will be reviewed on an individual basis if a NewCo applies. This is to take account of a case where a club go into liquidation as a result of another club not paying them, as nearly happened to Dunfermline. Rangers are not (yet) a NewCo and so we don't know how that individual basis will pan out. The SPL can't relegate them to SFL3 as it is nothing to do with them. All that the SPL can do is say no to SPL. It is then upto NewCo to apply (allong with other clubs) to take up the spare place in the SFL.

that ars*hole green in the herald today purportedly warning the SFA about making any sanctions against the h*ns - he's not even bought the sh*ters yet and he's firring off warnings to the governing body

- its a bit like a disgraced doctor warning the British Medical Council not to sit in judgement of their misconduct

I really hope the SFA get their baws felt by FIFA/UEFA and kick them out of all forms of the game for at least a year.

Whether you're a hawk or a dove on the great debate, it's increasingly clear that the h u n s' position is becoming less and less tenable by the day. Any (relatively) favourable outcome for them can only be at the expense of SFA/SPL apparatchiks' "reputations".

It's not all about them any more: the potential damage to the already withering Scottish game is visibly ominous; too many of those with 'clout' don't want to know any more; pragmatism is less of an option. The once persuasive (to some) 'shoot them and you shoot yourself' argument holds less water than it did only a couple of weeks ago. The wider authorities of UEFA and FIFA will be less than bemused to hear the "we arra peepul" justification for unthinkably soft sanctions like one year out of the Scottish Cup - the one time other clubs get to share the gate.

Anyway, here's hoping comrade Cowan & co see fit to impose a more severe sanction than the one that found them back on the control console again.

that ars*hole green in the herald today purportedly warning the SFA about making any sanctions against the h*ns - he's not even bought the sh*ters yet and he's firring off warnings to the governing body

- its a bit like a disgraced doctor warning the British Medical Council not to sit in judgement of their misconduct

I really hope the SFA get their baws felt by FIFA/UEFA and kick them out of all forms of the game forever!!!.

There....sorted it for you!!

Edited by Lindau

Whether you're a hawk or a dove on the great debate, it's increasingly clear that the h u n s' position is becoming less and less tenable by the day. Any (relatively) favourable outcome for them can only be at the expense of SFA/SPL apparatchiks' "reputations".

It's not all about them any more: the potential damage to the already withering Scottish game is visibly ominous; too many of those with 'clout' don't want to know any more; pragmatism is less of an option. The once persuasive (to some) 'shoot them and you shoot yourself' argument holds less water than it did only a couple of weeks ago. The wider authorities of UEFA and FIFA will be less than bemused to hear the "we arra peepul" justification for unthinkably soft sanctions like one year out of the Scottish Cup - the one time other clubs get to share the gate.

Anyway, here's hoping comrade Cowan & co see fit to impose a more severe sanction than the one that found them back on the control console again.

It is last chance saloon for Scottish Football, for those who will take the decisions (firstly) on supension from the game, and (in the not too distant future) then expulsion.

To save Scottish Football, the chairmen and other major footballing decision makers HAVE to realise the gargantuan catalogue of shame, cheating and deceit that has been decades long emanating from the sewer of Govan, Ibroke. And they MUST act and punish in a manner reflective of the crimes. The EBT's for instance date back 13 YEARS - and that is only the period they (HMRC, not the football authorities FFS !!) have investigated, rumours are abound of the financial and other illegal shennanigans for what preceeded that on countless levels. Add in the h u n s total lack of respect for their competitors and sporting integrity of the game, and the other 100+ levels of shame and cheating that can be levelled at the blue arsecheek, then nothing less than throwing the book at the Oldco, and banishing them forever would suffice.

And if a Newco is started, and claims to be RFC Mk2 or even resembles anything of the former embarrassment (1 or more of the following for instance: plays at Ibroke, has a clearly 'R*ng*rs sounding/affiliated name, plays in blue, claims the history of the 'aye ready' mob, or who's followfollowers spout 'we arru peeepul', flys union jackshits, has simply the best blasting over the tannoy, etcetera), then any such 'club' should be forced to start in the Junior leagues, and once proven to have minimum 3 years of good management and all-above-board financial transactions, and can prove their supporters have been well-behaved, not rioted or slashed or battered opposing fans, been cause of increased policing at games, or sang any sectarian songs, then AND ONLY then, could they be allowed to make application to the SFL/SFA for membership and to be considered (along with other junior sides) for the next available place in the 3rd Division, if and when such a vacancy ever arises post season 2017/2018.

Scottsh Football CAN and WILL survive without the blue arsecheek. It can potentially thrive.

Let the blue arsecheek away with their litany of corruption and cheating, and Scottish Football will descend into farce, carnage and ultimate death of the entire game as a paid-for entertainment.

Its time for every single chairman to supporter of every single one of the other 41 SPL and SFL clubs to stand up, and ensure justice is done.

Last Chance Saloon time.

It is last chance saloon for Scottish Football, for those who will take the decisions (firstly) on supension from the game, and (in the not too distant future) then expulsion.

To save Scottish Football, the chairmen and other major footballing decision makers HAVE to realise the gargantuan catalogue of shame, cheating and deceit that has been decades long emanating from the sewer of Govan, Ibroke. And they MUST act and punish in a manner reflective of the crimes. The EBT's for instance date back 13 YEARS - and that is only the period they (HMRC, not the football authorities FFS !!) have investigated, rumours are abound of the financial and other illegal shennanigans for what preceeded that on countless levels. Add in the h u n s total lack of respect for their competitors and sporting integrity of the game, and the other 100+ levels of shame and cheating that can be levelled at the blue arsecheek, then nothing less than throwing the book at the Oldco, and banishing them forever would suffice.

And if a Newco is started, and claims to be RFC Mk2 or even resembles anything of the former embarrassment (1 or more of the following for instance: plays at Ibroke, has a clearly 'R*ng*rs sounding/affiliated name, plays in blue, claims the history of the 'aye ready' mob, or who's followfollowers spout 'we arru peeepul', flys union jackshits, has simply the best blasting over the tannoy, etcetera), then any such 'club' should be forced to start in the Junior leagues, and once proven to have minimum 3 years of good management and all-above-board financial transactions, and can prove their supporters have been well-behaved, not rioted or slashed or battered opposing fans, been cause of increased policing at games, or sang any sectarian songs, then AND ONLY then, could they be allowed to make application to the SFL/SFA for membership and to be considered (along with other junior sides) for the next available place in the 3rd Division, if and when such a vacancy ever arises post season 2017/2018.

Scottsh Football CAN and WILL survive without the blue arsecheek. It can potentially thrive.

Let the blue arsecheek away with their litany of corruption and cheating, and Scottish Football will descend into farce, carnage and ultimate death of the entire game as a paid-for entertainment.

Its time for every single chairman to supporter of every single one of the other 41 SPL and SFL clubs to stand up, and ensure justice is done.

Last Chance Saloon time.

I really hope the SFA get their baws felt by FIFA/UEFA and kick them out of all forms of the game for at least a year.

I agree for banning Rangers from all competitions for a year. And the SFA should re-organise the Scottish senior football to 3-division/48-team form. Rangers will be accepted to the 3rd division after one year ban, along with Cove Rangers, Spartans, Edinburgh City.

And I think that top divisions of all countries must be limited to 16-team/30-game a year. 38 league games, cup, league cup are too much.

And I think that top divisions of all countries must be limited to 16-team/30-game a year. 38 league games, cup, league cup are too much.

You are right of course. And equally predictable will be the clubs not being in favour of 'losing' 8 games a season. What they don't take into account is that a fresh, competitive structure will make the game more exciting and that's what will increase interest, fans and commercial return. Look at Hibs this season. Fighting for relegation they got their biggest crowd (over 15,000) for the game v Dunfermline, because it meant something. I know there's an argument that a bigger league leads to more meaningless games, but that wouldn't be the case with 30 games a season, and proper relegation/ competition at the top. With Celtic likely to win the SPL 'before the break' for the forseeable future this structure will make both ends more competitive.

But that would require the clubs to take a long term view and they're shockingly bad at that. I'll say again, I believe the demise of Rangers, unfortunate though that may be for their fans and the amount of money as a whole in the game, may provide the opportunity of a lifetime for our game.

Edited by Mr Scruff

You are right of course. And equally predictable will be the clubs not being in favour of 'losing' 8 games a season. What they don't take into account is that a fresh, competitive structure will make the game more exciting and that's what will increase interest, fans and commercial return. Look at Hibs this season. Fighting for relegation they got their biggest crowd (over 15,000) for the game v Dunfermline, because it meant something. I know there's an argument that a bigger league leads to more meaningless games, but that wouldn't be the case with 30 games a season, and proper relegation/ competition at the top. With Celtic likely to win the SPL 'before the break' for the forseeable future this structure will make both ends more competitive.

But that would require the clubs to take a long term view and they're shockingly bad at that. I'll say again, I believe the demise of Rangers, unfortunate though that may be for their fans and the amount of money as a whole in the game, may provide the opportunity of a lifetime for our game.

Yup, fewer games would result in a slightly smaller range in points totals, at least between the top teams. Additionally fewer games against the OF combined with more against the likes of us would allow Motherwell/Dundee Utd to close the gap further. However, attendance statistics in England show that bigger crowds go to watch less competitive football, as more 'fans' will go to watch their team if they expect a win.

I'm struggling to keep up with all this. When will we definitely know what will happen with Rangers next season?

The best guess is they end up back in the SPL as a 'newco', being banned from the Scottish Cup for a year (to take account of their CoS appeal) and Europe for 3 years. In this form they will be a shadow of their previous incarnations, but will let the SPL/ Scottish football stagger on in mediocrity for the forseeable future. The timescale for finding this out will be from the results of a combination - their CVA (14th June), the outcome of the reformed tribunal appeal (before 22nd June) and, assuming a newco, an SPL vote to transfer their share (July ?). The hoops that the authorities will have to go through, eg publishing fixtures and registering players to enable this to happen will be considerable, but it sounds like they will do it.

I had hoped a week ago that they would be suspended for a period, which would be sufficient in itself to lead to a long term shake up of the game, but sadly that's looking less likely.

For those growing tired of this 'story' - sorry but this could potentially have the biggest impact on the whole game in Scotland than any single thing for the last.... well pick your own time frame.

Interesting Tweet from Jim Spence on the BBC Scottish Football page.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes clubs would not vote a Rangers Newco into SPL as things stand at present.

I'm not a gambling man and certainly not when it comes to what happens next in the Rangers saga, but I would be very surprised indeed if there is a club called Rangers in the SPL next season.