Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Tom Hughes having his say on matters at the hunnery in the Sun...

http://www.thescotti...-to-future.html

Not sure some of what he said is correct (and not just because a millipede is not an octopus) - for instance I thought Deloites didn't get the chance to turn down the administrator job? Of course maybe he wasn't quoted properly.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the flyer, Steven, but I don't think my sides could take it if I was to come across it. My GP would recommend no such further comedy gold as it would threaten the stitches which are just about holding my sides together as things are.

:lol: I'll spare you the link, because I can't find it anywhere except on a couple of friends facebook pages, but here's the gist of it.

PROTEST TO STOP THE SFA (ha, aye coz Rangers are the biggest thing in Scottish football and can just stop the body that runs it)

PUNISHING OUR CLUB WITH UNPRECEDENTED SANCTIONS (they still dont get that its an unprecedented situation, Rangers have done more wrong than simply go into administration but typical of Old Firms to deflect)

JEOPARDISE THE FUTURE OF OUR CLUB AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL (no, the mismanagement of your own clubs finances has done that, and Scottish football will survive without Rangers, we'll find our true level. Celtic? They might not survive without Rangers, one can hope :) )

ENDANGER THE PROSPECTS OF ANY FUTURE TAKEOVER OF THE CLUB (ok, we'll just let you off then. Carry on regardless Rangers because you are the people and can do whatever you want)

FORFEIT THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS AT HOME AND ABROAD (What? Hahahahahaha, what success have they had abroad? What? The SFA have forfeited that chance? Whyte didn't? Murray didn't? Mismanagement of the clubs finances didn't? It's all the SFA's fault, aye right. Just like there was a conspiracy in the BBC after that documentary on Whyte)

How long can a huge group of people keep their heads firmly planted in the sand for? It really is a sad indictment of a large portion of our society.

Not sure some of what he said is correct (and not just because a millipede is not an octopus) - for instance I thought Deloites didn't get the chance to turn down the administrator job? Of course maybe he wasn't quoted properly.

That was my understanding of the administrators appointment as well. Thought HMRC missed the bus and Craig Whyte got his "preferred" firm in first.

:lol: I'll spare you the link, because I can't find it anywhere except on a couple of friends facebook pages, but here's the gist of it.

PROTEST TO STOP THE SFA (ha, aye coz Rangers are the biggest thing in Scottish football and can just stop the body that runs it)

PUNISHING OUR CLUB WITH UNPRECEDENTED SANCTIONS (they still dont get that its an unprecedented situation, Rangers have done more wrong than simply go into administration but typical of Old Firms to deflect)

JEOPARDISE THE FUTURE OF OUR CLUB AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL (no, the mismanagement of your own clubs finances has done that, and Scottish football will survive without Rangers, we'll find our true level. Celtic? They might not survive without Rangers, one can hope :) )

ENDANGER THE PROSPECTS OF ANY FUTURE TAKEOVER OF THE CLUB (ok, we'll just let you off then. Carry on regardless Rangers because you are the people and can do whatever you want)

FORFEIT THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS AT HOME AND ABROAD (What? Hahahahahaha, what success have they had abroad? What? The SFA have forfeited that chance? Whyte didn't? Murray didn't? Mismanagement of the clubs finances didn't? It's all the SFA's fault, aye right. Just like there was a conspiracy in the BBC after that documentary on Whyte)

How long can a huge group of people keep their heads firmly planted in the sand for? It really is a sad indictment of a large portion of our society.

Stop it please, I'm begging you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Hughes having his say on matters at the hunnery in the Sun...

http://www.thescotti...-to-future.html

Interesting idea from Hughes. Isn't us restarting from the 3rd division an idea that he tried to implement while he was chairman :angry:

Being serious for a minute, if you were Rangers and were being forced to restart from the bottom again, would you not look at trying to restart through the English leagues ?

If they restart in the 3rd surely the "we dont do walking away" supporters will be continuing to pay their season tickets and they can use the excess cash that wont be spent on overpriced diddies (they will be buying normal priced ones :D) to repay their debts ... never gonna happen but its a simple way out of this.

Being serious for a minute, if you were Rangers and were being forced to restart from the bottom again, would you not look at trying to restart through the English leagues ?

The FA rules state that clubs must be based in England or Wales to play in the English Leagues, they would have to apply and start at the very bottom of the pyramid system even then you have to be a member of the regional / Country FA as well as a member of the FA to get in

If they go down the route of trying to buy over an English club and rename it - they would end up alienating the supports of that local club.

They have to face the facts the FA don't want them and if they carry on the way they are doing they might find the SFA / SPL /SFL dont want them either

I don't know if this is news to anybody, but they're apparently staging a 'HAMPDEN PROTEST': a 'call to arms' this Saturday! What, precisely, they intend to do when assembled is anybody's guess.

From the info I've received via a h un pal, it has nefarious overtones. Maybe they're planning to tan a payphone or something. :unknw:

The muster point for this thing is a 2 minute walk from my hoose. :thumbdown:

The muster point for this thing is a 2 minute walk from my hoose. :thumbdown:

Oof! Rather you than me, M. Potential compo maybe? Hopefully local butchers can chip in to provide a few kilos of raw meat to be positioned in advance in the opposite direction of your hoose.

Can't wait for the 'highlights' on YouTube Saturday teatime.

If anyone wants a reason as to why this lot should be obliterated from Scottish football read this guy. Unbelievably he used to be the main Scottish sportswriter on the Sunday People a few years ago until they moved ship down south

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, or should that be cutting your ar5ehole off to spite your other bumcheek :o

Edited by Steven H

Oof! Rather you than me, M. Potential compo maybe? Hopefully local butchers can chip in to provide a few kilos of raw meat to be positioned in advance in the opposite direction of your hoose.

Can't wait for the 'highlights' on YouTube Saturday teatime.

I'll have a wee look at what's what when I'm on my way back from doing business with WILLIAM HILL (SFA sponsors).

I usually go to Ladbrokes, but not this weekend. :thumbsup2:

The FA rules state that clubs must be based in England or Wales to play in the English Leagues, they would have to apply and start at the very bottom of the pyramid system even then you have to be a member of the regional / Country FA as well as a member of the FA to get in

If they go down the route of trying to buy over an English club and rename it - they would end up alienating the supports of that local club.

They have to face the facts the FA don't want them and if they carry on the way they are doing they might find the SFA / SPL /SFL dont want them either

Not sure they'd have to start right at the bottom. I know that Ilkeston Town were liquidated and the new Ilkeston FC applied and were accepted two leagues below where they had been previously. This may have been an exception for a reformed club applying to the league structure it was in prior to liquidation though.

Astounding! What an absolute moron.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, or should that be cutting your ar5ehole off to spite your other bumcheek :o

Agreed guys. I know plenty of half decent Rangers fans that hate all the bigotry and junk that goes with the club, sadly its cretins like this...and lets face it, they aint a minority as far as Rangers are concerned..that will run the club into to the ground. According to Leggo its all The Pope, the Kafflics, The Vatican, Lennon, Lawell, Regan etc etc fault for Rangers demise. Mmmm I dont see Sir David on that list!!!!

Agreed guys. I know plenty of half decent Rangers fans that hate all the bigotry and junk that goes with the club, sadly its cretins like this...and lets face it, they aint a minority as far as Rangers are concerned..that will run the club into to the ground. According to Leggo its all The Pope, the Kafflics, The Vatican, Lennon, Lawell, Regan etc etc fault for Rangers demise. Mmmm I dont see Sir David on that list!!!!

or craig shyte!

Without unnecessarily bringing up the past I'm reminded of the brutal sense of injustice 8 years ago when our appeal to the SFA to avoid relegation (when the rules as applied to us were changed when applied to another team) failed since there was a wording within the rules which effectively said that "we are allowed to change the rules, and decide what applies whenever we like". The acute sense of injustice was made worse by the fact that not one other team batted an eyelid, or showed any sense of the danger of this inequitable handling. Hell mend any of them who cry 'injustice' - that's the system they'vebeen happy to see others suffer under.

I swore I would always remember the wording of the judgement, but a few years later and it's gone. I'm sure there was a 'primacy' in it...

Without unnecessarily bringing up the past I'm reminded of the brutal sense of injustice 8 years ago when our appeal to the SFA to avoid relegation (when the rules as applied to us were changed when applied to another team) failed since there was a wording within the rules which effectively said that "we are allowed to change the rules, and decide what applies whenever we like". The acute sense of injustice was made worse by the fact that not one other team batted an eyelid, or showed any sense of the danger of this inequitable handling. Hell mend any of them who cry 'injustice' - that's the system they'vebeen happy to see others suffer under.

I swore I would always remember the wording of the judgement, but a few years later and it's gone. I'm sure there was a 'primacy' in it...

You're not alone there, my scruffy friend!

I see Jardine is now meeting the fans to help coordinate sanctions against the clubs that were nasty to them, poor we souls..

Who the hell do they think they are???

http://www.bbc.co.uk...aign=sportsound

and another corporate level own goal is in the offing on that one - my disgust of them and their ilk has reached a new high after reading Jardine's comments - filthy dirty b*steds hope they liquidate soon and fk off forever

Edited by gianlucatoni

Anybody who's concerned for h u n employees, don't forget that many clubs, including our own, have shrunk, and employees have lost jobs, in no small part to the h u n s financial cheating over the years, as this has allowed them to buy players that they can't afford. And along with their other half, they have continually sucked up the vast majority of any wealth that the game generates. And do they or their fans care about any other club?

Not an iota of sympathy from me for anybody who has anything whatsoever to do with them.

That's harsh, mate. Okay, the club might be run by ********* but it doesn't mean that folk trying to earn a crust should be tarred with the same brush. Using that logic everyone who works for Sky - including the folk who install satellite dishes and the wee lassies in the call centre - are as evil as the odious plutocrat Murdoch.