Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there no end to the cynicism of the SPL/SFL/SFA, as it seems to be the case that even if we vote against accepting SEVCO, into the First Division they'll just go ahead and change the rules any way?

Just what is the point of it all, I'm sick and tired of the whole circus, if they cannot run football properly then the whole WWF edifice can come crashing down, without my support I may add.

From a good & reliable source "SFL1 / SPL2 is a done deal with Newco, votes irrelavent" he better be sh$tting me this time

2011/12 SPL 12 teams, SPL2 14 team, SFL 16 teams

2012/13 SPL 14 Teams, SPL2 14 Teams SFL 14 teams

1 down and 3 up SPL

1 down 3 up SPL2

But all the leagues to be under the one body

I wouldn't mind that (well I think 14 teams is dafter than 10 or 12 actually, but we'd have a little more variety) provided Newco are applying to the SFL league rather than SPL2, which of course would not be the case.

How would a 14 team SPL2 work? 7/7 split in the 'second half' of the season? Gives Newco some opportunities for friendlies with Celtic <_>

League reconstruction must be in the fair way. I believe that the new merged league should be 3-divisions/48-teams.

6 new clubs should be invited -- Spartans, Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City, East Kilbride Thistle, etc.

2 teams are relegated from the 1st Division and 2nd Division.

There must relegation from the 3rd Division. The 16th team of the 3rd Division is automatically relegated. The 15th team play the winners of the East of Scotland League, West of Scotland League, and Highland League.

Is there anyone who disagrees with me?

From a good & reliable source "SFL1 / SPL2 is a done deal with Newco, votes irrelavent" he better be sh$tting me this time

2011/12 SPL 12 teams, SPL2 14 team, SFL 16 teams

2012/13 SPL 14 Teams, SPL2 14 Teams SFL 14 teams

1 down and 3 up SPL

1 down 3 up SPL2

But all the leagues to be under the one body

So we are re-organising for last season? Where's the fecking tardis coming from? :thumbdown:

I wouldn't mind that (well I think 14 teams is dafter than 10 or 12 actually, but we'd have a little more variety) provided Newco are applying to the SFL league rather than SPL2, which of course would not be the case.

How would a 14 team SPL2 work? 7/7 split in the 'second half' of the season? Gives Newco some opportunities for friendlies with Celtic <_<

That would be 46 games (if the normal season was play each other 3 times) which is too much

or 33 games (if the normal season is play each other 2 times) which is not enough.

I would suggest play each other 3 times and no split - 39 games. (although that gives a problem with some teams having an extra home game)

Edited by Dick Dastardly

That would be 46 games (if the normal season was play each other 3 times) which is too much

or 33 games (if the normal season is play each other 2 times) which is not enough.

I would suggest play each other 3 times and no split - 39 games. (although that gives a problem with some teams having an extra home game)

I feel it would only work with a 7/7 split, which would lead to lot's of moaning about blank weeks, but a 38 game season.

I'm sure Donkey Doncaster and Co. have thought of a way to deal with this fairly allow Rangers, whenever they get back to play ALL their games at home, simples.

I'm sure Donkey Doncaster and Co. have thought of a way to deal with this fairly allow Rangers, whenever they get back to play ALL their games at home, simples.

I saw a quote attributed to Doncaster earlier today - said all the pressure on SFL had to stop - and then the donkey went on to say something along the lines of 'there are still many twists and turns to this story'

He also confided that a meeting the other evening (at Hampden?) that league reconstruction was not discussed so it should therefore not be on the table at a vote next week.

Can't find the link on where I read it

Edited by gianlucatoni