Ptfc Are Proud To Announce The Arrival Of.......

Lindau

Pity. He is a good wee player - always caused problems when he played against us.

Maybe no pity as he could more likely have been playing against us next season. Agree he looks a good player, very nippy. I know Queens fans rate him. Surprised he's staying on at Palmerston.

Maybe this Lawless fella, if he signs, will be our equivalent of Carmichael?

I know we dont have a lot of dosh but would like to see us getting another striker in. Could be worth risking a prolific goalscorer from the lower divisions. Craig Malcolm at Stranraer and Jamie Longworth at QP could be worth a risk given they wont be getting a lot of wonga from either side and could easily fit in to our wage scale

Think Lawless can play as attacking midfielder and up front. We have Dools and there is really high hopes for McGuigan. Elliott it has to be hoped will benefit greatly from a pre season. Erskine is attack minded and we still have Fraser (who really has to step up to the plate next season). Can't see us having anything left in the kitty for another forward.

Think Lawless can play as attacking midfielder and up front. We have Dools and there is really high hopes for McGuigan. Elliott it has to be hoped will benefit greatly from a pre season. Erskine is attack minded and we still have Fraser (who really has to step up to the plate next season). Can't see us having anything left in the kitty for another forward.

I suppose it's a step up from last season but once again we're putting most of the eggs in the one basket (Doolan). Last season I and certainly if not most of us a sizable minority, thought Stewart would do the biz alongside Doolan. If not we had Grehan, Fraser, Burns (later on) and soon to join Elliot in support. My thinking, and again I wasn't by any means alone, was that by percentages we were likely to get an effective striking partnership. Well it didn't happen but fortunately Cairney and to a lesser degree Erskine scored valuable goals.

I'm fairly sure it was Hebridean Jag that argued we had to sign a seasoned striker to avoid mid table mediocrity. I've no idea if that was financially feasible, probably not with the amount of forwards already on our books, but he was proved correct. I see signs of us going down that route again and I personally don't mind that much.

This season coming we're going to start without Cairney so it's like we're kicking off with minus 11 or so goals. We can probably assume Doolan will score well into double figures but we'll be asking even more of our other forwards than last season just to stand still in the league..

McGuigan should be a goal-scoring threat and take some of the pressure off Doolan. We must hope that Elliot and Fraser will contribute more too. However, with a similar squad and Cairney gone, it's difficult to see us challenging for promotion.

McGuigan should be a goal-scoring threat and take some of the pressure off Doolan. We must hope that Elliot and Fraser will contribute more too. However, with a similar squad and Cairney gone, it's difficult to see us challenging for promotion.

Last sentence is not a view shared by the management team !

Last sentence is not a view shared by the management team !

With the possible exception of Erskine, Cairney is the most exciting player I've seen at Firhill in years. I just loved his dig and his trickery. So, we still have Chris; so here's hoping that with a better supporting squad, he can run riot more times next season.

With the possible exception of Erskine, Cairney is the most exciting player I've seen at Firhill in years. I just loved his dig and his trickery. So, we still have Chris; so here's hoping that with a better supporting squad, he can run riot more times next season.

I'd agree about the dig, but (from the perspective of the JHS), I didn't think he was tricky - just full of perseverance.

A long as refs protect him, viz. the last Falkirk game where they kicked him off the park to get their undeserved point.

That has been a problem with Chris all season: he seems to get lumps kicked out of him in every match. By playing him further forward most of the time, you'd expect to get more than a few penalties out of that misbehaviour, but the referees don't seem to be interested in protecting him. Any referees on the forum to suggest why not? Is he so gangly and unpredictable that they ascribe fouls to unintentional error?

just hope the Bridge turns up for the whole season, last two its been about half way through before hes established himself in the starting line up and put in some big performances.

The nature of his skills, position, talent means there is always going to be some poor games and inconsistancy but after this amount of time at this level it should only be the odd game, and if it is then itl be good times ahead

Got really high hopes for this year. Think Murray will be a calming influence on rest of younger lads and along with Welsh(if he signs) , Bannigan and Erskine think we`re gonna be there or thereabouts come end of season. Also looking forward to seeing McGuigan and Doolan rattling in a few goals. Yes can honestly say for first time in a while really up for next season.

Some feedback from a wee Rovers fan on Lawless. It's good he'll be used to the strip as well :P :

Too good for divisions 2 and 3, Thistle is probably a good move for his first full senior season. Wee attacking midfielder, very skilful and nippy, chipped in with a few goals at the Rovers too. The full package going forward, but I'd have liked to see him contribute more to defensive duties, he might get caught out in that department at Partick. Great that he's stayed in Scotland and found full-time football, surely with hope to be a regular starter. With the energy he has, continued hard work and half a chance he could be a standout in your team.

Sounds a good prospect and could be a replacement for Cairney?

Some feedback from a wee Rovers fan on Lawless. It's good he'll be used to the strip as well :P :

Too good for divisions 2 and 3, Thistle is probably a good move for his first full senior season. Wee attacking midfielder, very skilful and nippy, chipped in with a few goals at the Rovers too. The full package going forward, but I'd have liked to see him contribute more to defensive duties, he might get caught out in that department at Partick. Great that he's stayed in Scotland and found full-time football, surely with hope to be a regular starter. With the energy he has, continued hard work and half a chance he could be a standout in your team.

Sounds a good prospect and could be a replacement for Cairney?

As I read the description I was thinking the same thing.