Sean Welsh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine the same formation as at the end of this season - three centre halfs allowing Sinclair and O'Donnell to get forward and give us width. Two holding central midfielders and two more attacking central midfielders playing off a long striker. I think it's quite fluid and was working well come the end of the season.

I'd imagine the same formation as at the end of this season - three centre halfs allowing Sinclair and O'Donnell to get forward and give us width. Two holding central midfielders and two more attacking central midfielders playing off a long striker. I think it's quite fluid and was working well come the end of the season.

I'm not sure how that formation could be described. Are the wingbacks part of the defensive mid making it 3-4-2-1 or part of the attacking mid making it 3-2-4-1?

Edited by Mr Bunny

I'm not sure how that formation could be described. Are the wingbacks part of the defensive mid making it 3-4-2-1 or part of the attacking mid making it 3-2-4-1?

Could further complicate formation. I noticed, certainly lately, O'Donnell filling in at left back when Bannigan was risking getting caught upfield and vice versa. Also a fair bit of shiftin' about in central mid as well. Not groundbreaking tactics of course but certainly a very fluid system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall goals been lost recently where the principal cause was a player being caught out of position. I've seen the whole defence being wrong footed a couple of times but that's a different thing.

wasnt convinced by him at first, in his defence he maybe just wasn't up to pace of first team football

but last couple of months definitely one of top performers, and would be an excellent signing, i like the sound of two year deal rather than one

and given Cairney no doubt being away makes it an even better piece of business if it gets signed off

I thought more 4-1-3-2. One defensive midfielder as a sweeper essentially and the other breaking up play slightly further forward.

I think our formation would be accurately described by 3-4-2-1. I am sure we will see it again for at least some stage of the season.

I'm going to try this in football manager.

iv heard that jackie has been on the phone to sean welsh non stop in the past week or so trying to get him to sign

24 x 60 x 7+. :o if he's using the blower at Firhill we'll have to sell a player just to cover the bill.

I see the Glaswegian is also saying a deal is close. Fingers crossed on this one. I think Welsh would be a terrific signing.

Could further complicate formation. I noticed, certainly lately, O'Donnell filling in at left back when Bannigan was risking getting caught upfield and vice versa. Also a fair bit of shiftin' about in central mid as well. Not groundbreaking tactics of course but certainly a very fluid system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall goals been lost recently where the principal cause was a player being caught out of position. I've seen the whole defence being wrong footed a couple of times but that's a different thing.

Balatoni was out of position for both Hamilton goals in the last game, too far right at free kick, and too far right again for the second goal leaving a massive gap in the middle of defence...but that's me maybe being a bit nit-picky.

Welsh would be a good signing, and may well be the last signing too...but I'd like to see another striker if possible.

Surely if/when Welsh signs he cannot be the last signing, we've got 1 striker in Dooland, 1 untried McGuigan, and that's about it is it not? I would not class Erskine as a forward, he's not that great playing with his back to goal he's better going forward

We've also got Elliott, who'll be going into his first season after a full pre-season's training.