United To Say No

sm62

Who gets the 12th vote - Dunfermline or Ross County?

Technically, the voting is being done prior to the start of the next season, which is officially when RC joins the league. Or did they join the league the moment they won promotion?

The 12th vote is for Ross County.

After Rangers NewCo rejected, there will be a vote of choice between Dundee or Dunfermline.

Add in Hibs ,Aberdeen and Celtic and there's your 5

Absolutely no chance will Aberdeen or Celtic vote no to NewCo. Stewart Milne can see the pounds disappearing before his eyes as we speak and one ugly sister can't live without the other

Don't think Celtic can vote yes, have you spoken to any celtic supporters?

Absolutely. It would be suicide for the Celtic representative to vote yes (figuratively speaking).

With 3 confirmed 'no' votes, Celtic a virtual certainty to vote against, that would just leave one more. I think Hibs will vote 'no', and with Motherwell balloting their supporters that's another virtual certainty. Better and better. In the last 48 hours I've gone from assuming that the vote would fudge the issue to thinking this is really happening...

The Celtic supporters will go ballistic if they voted in favour of the h*ns ,

Its about time the h*ns gave up the ghost and apply to the SFL - providing of course the SFA give them a licence

Absolutely. It's almost a fait accompli. I believe that the SFA licence would follow after a successful application to play in a league. They'd be virtually certain to get that (allowing for their punishment still to be decided by the tribunal - they've indicated that New Govan can't walk away from that, and it may include a suspension).

David Beattie's comment on The Evening Times is outrageous. He must be impeached.

http://www.eveningti...change.17908193

SPL2 for TV money? What a joke!

You should be impeached, what's so outrageous about what he says and where did he say anything about getting an SPL2 for the tv money? sigesige00 what a.....poor Jim Delahunt ;)

Edited by Steven H

Reading between the lines it's suggesting that he'd be in favour of RFC newco dropping into Div 1 for a season in return for league reconstruction.

No point in buying a season ticket for a promotion push next season then? Well done Mr Beattie.

Reading between the lines it's suggesting that he'd be in favour of RFC newco dropping into Div 1 for a season in return for league reconstruction.

No point in buying a season ticket for a promotion push next season then? Well done Mr Beattie.

I was under the impression that newco had to be allowed into the SPL then thrown out for past misconduct to land in Div 1. If they're not voted into the SPL then that scuppers all this Div 1 nonsense. ?????

I was under the impression that newco had to be allowed into the SPL then thrown out for past misconduct to land in Div 1. If they're not voted into the SPL then that scuppers all this Div 1 nonsense. ?????

No. If they are not admitted to SPL then they have to reapply to be admitted as newco into SFL. However there is talk that in return for them admitting a newco into SFL 1 league reconstruction will follow close behind.

Can't post link but worth looking at statement from Falkirk's chairman on their official site this afternoon. As a Thistle fan I'm hoping Mr Beattie follows suit so there's no ambiguity. However not sure we'll hear that from him judging by tonight's Times.

Over to you Mr Beattie.