What Would Make You Consider A Yes Vote For Newco

Jordanhill Jag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want this club to vote in favour, and hide behind the other teams with more courage and integrity.

I also want a refusal to play ball with the threat of SPL2 as well.

These are red (and yellow) lines as far as I'm concerned.

Alan - I diasgree there is much courage and integrity amongst the Clubs voting no - economic reality of potential lost customers has a far greater say,I think there wont be a vote and it will not get any further than the meeting on Tuesday.

No idea about the SPL 2 thing

I do care but I kind of understand you. They're trying to put the onus on SFL clubs (to avoid their own fans' flak) and so make US complicit in the cheating too. I'd be angry if Newco got into the SPL but I'd be furious (feeble word for it) if our club voted to let them into our division.

BTW they don't have a registration approved yet - SFA are deliberately delaying that until "they know what league they are in". FFS the registration approval should come first - didn't we go through this before with SFA not checking if Whyte was a fit and proper person.

Part of the appoval is supposed to depend on whether he can prove he has genuine resources to run the club. The way things are going the whole thing could easily collapse even if they do force Newco in.

I suppose they are assuming the fans will all buy their season tickets and the sponsorship will pour in in its millions the minute they get a place. I wouldn't be too sure of that, certainly not to the degree they hope. And besides what money comes in won't all be going on the team.

Far from a cert I have already heard several saying they are so sickened with the aftermath of Rangers they wont go back. Divison 1 or Division 3 will put off a few glory hunters as well. A couple more are talking about going to Firhill with their kids next season cos they are so sickened with their club and incredibly one of them wasnt even aware we had a kids go free scheme which is a big plus in their view. So definetly do not think they will get the same number of fans back there ever

Emailed them again to remind them that they will not be getting my season ticket cash and that the CF membership will be cancelled on Tuesday if we dont get a No to newco message from them.

Not my place, I know, but you might as well wait till after the feckin' June draw gets made.

So I take it its a No to Newco

I'd have said earlier that it was too close to call but yes I detect a slight leaning that way on here :D

For what its worth I think it will be a no vote from the SFL on Tuesday the required numbers are just to great to muster...so for those who are demanding an upfront No statement then relax - Newco are unlikely to get into Div 1

The most telling thing you've posted yet, as far as I'm concerned. We're hiding behind others, aren't we?

For what its worth I think it will be a no vote from the SFL on Tuesday the required numbers are just to great to muster ,Boards will be terrified of loosing one never mind hundreds of fans so for those who are demanding an upfront No statement then relax - Newco are unlikely to get into Div 1 - its interesting that the majority or ok with Div 3.

I don't think that will be enough now Jim. If it's likely to get veto'd then Thistle need to come out beforehand and say a resounding NO to these proposals/blackmail tactics (even though we should be saying it whether it's likely to get veto'd or not).

I still don't understand why we have to have newco? If these changes are truly for the good of the game then we should be getting them anyway, without any reference to any team (or non-team) in any league. But then I think we all know the answer to that—the level of corruption evident in the game is pretty clear to everyone now but I won't be holding my breath waiting on UEFA or FIFA to do anything.

I still don't understand why we have to have newco? If these changes are truly for the good of the game then we should be getting them anyway, without any reference to any team (or non-team) in any league. But then I think we all know the answer to that—the level of corruption evident in the game is pretty clear to everyone now but I won't be holding my breath waiting on UEFA or FIFA to do anything.

Surely UEFA/FIFA will be sending representatives to SPL/SFA to learn how to become really corrupt. They must be astounded to suddenly realise they were only in the 2nd division of corruption after all.

I promise to join the centenary fund if we vote no to newco.

As said on other thread, doing something like this is same as what SPL/SFL/SFA are doing to us.

Vote Newco into SFL1 & we'll give you...

Made my feelings clear on this. Time for words and promises from the fans over.

The BOD know the fans feelings on this. They are custodians of the club.

I expect a statement this week from my club saying 'No to Newco in SFL1' & 'No to Newco in SPL2'. Anything less and there's one less fan with a bum on their seat & everything else that goes with it; 50/50 tickets, merchandise, CF.

I could go one step further and say I expect a statement saying they'll vote 'No to Newco in any SFL' as they don't have the required 3 years of audited accounts to apply.

There will be no vote but it will be a GTFO to Rangers.

However given the odious **** that is Ballantynes latest statement that he wont "vote" on any Rangers matters , could this be a precursor to Airdrie being turned into Zombie Rangers ?

There will be no vote but it will be a GTFO to Rangers.

However given the odious **** that is Ballantynes latest statement that he wont "vote" on any Rangers matters , could this be a precursor to Airdrie being turned into Zombie Rangers ?

Is that not more to with fact he is SFL president who was (allegedly) seen with a RFFF badge on in Linfield? 'Conflict of interests?'

Is that not more to with fact he is SFL president who was (allegedly) seen with a RFFF badge on in Linfield? 'Conflict of interests?'

No. If Dundee are promoted and Newco start from the bottom then Airdrie would be promoted to the First Division as losing play-off finalists. It's a detail that seems to be escaping most folk.

No. If Dundee are promoted and Newco start from the bottom then Airdrie would be promoted to the First Division as losing play-off finalists. It's a detail that seems to be escaping most folk.

Forgot that it was them. Had it in my head that it was Ayr!