Bino Fans Complete Takeover

kni

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stirling_albion/8746637.stm

"The Stirling Albion Supporters Trust has agreed a £300,000 deal to clear debts and make a one-off payment to Peter McKenzie, chairman for 26 years. McKenzie, 84, has agreed to write off the £1.2m loan that was due to him."

They are now debt free and able to compete more effectively in the transfer market.

Very well done to all concerned, I think.

Not all that sure about their ability to be a "big player" in the transfer market, though. What resources do they have? None, I guess, and their crowds are typically around 600.

On the other hand they don't have a plus £1 million debt so over all probably not too far away from us - and long term, better provided they spend sensibly from now on.

Very well done to all concerned, I think.

Not all that sure about their ability to be a "big player" in the transfer market, though. What resources do they have? None, I guess, and their crowds are typically around 600.

With promotion and the financial problems gone, I would expect bigger crowds this year. The ability to own the club through the fans trust should be a big marketing benefit too.

I would invest in PTFC a substantial five figure sum if it was owned 100% by the Jags Trust. But there is no way I will give money to the Board to pay off or service the massive debts that they have run up.

It would not surprise me if there are a few Albion fans who now will dig deep to invest in the squad.

Congrats to the Bino's and their Trust for this takeover. :clapping:

A Victory for Fan Power.

:cheers:

With promotion and the financial problems gone, I would expect bigger crowds this year. The ability to own the club through the fans trust should be a big marketing benefit too.

I would invest in PTFC a substantial five figure sum if it was owned 100% by the Jags Trust. But there is no way I will give money to the Board to pay off or service the massive debts that they have run up.

It would not surprise me if there are a few Albion fans who now will dig deep to invest in the squad.

^^^I'm 100% word for word in agreement with this^^^

They would only abstain from making important decisions.

Ouch. :ph34r:

If the red/green dot facility was enabled, that would have been deserving of a green dot NS. :crazy:

As a Stirling Albion trust member(and if true,now owner) this is great news, I haven't had any official conformation to this yet, I was last e.mailed on the 13th of June to inform me of a special general meeting on the 29th to discuss club accounts, which hinted that talks would happen soon.

Special General Meeting

A General Meeting of Trust members has been arranged to consider the Annual Accounts.

This meeting will take place in the Wallace Suite at Forthbank Stadium on Tuesday 29th

June at 7.30pm. All members are invited to attend.

The audited accounts were presented to the members at the AGM, however members had

not been given sufficient notice. The AGM agreed that the accounts should be circulated to

all members and approved at a special meeting. The audited accounts are attached to this

report.

If you want any clarification of the accounts please contact the Trust Secretary, Jim

Thomson at [email protected]

Campaign Update

There has been press speculation about the future of the Club. We can confirm that we are

hoping to have discussions with the Club in the near future.

Woo Hoo, we did it.

Many, Many, Thanks to everyone on here who helped by buying a membership/sending in phones,etc,etc. Members now own part of a club.

Our new community website will be getting updated on a more regular basis in the coming months so look out for updates on there-

http://www.buystirlingalbion.org.uk/

For anyone still wanting to be a member- you still can! Memberships are still £40 and can be purchased from the above website. £40 to say you own part of a senior football club- what a topic starter when you in the pub lol.

We are currently doing an online spot the ball competition where, for a quid, you could win up to £100k. In the same time, you will be helping to stabilise the club. If you thought, I would like to help, but £40 is too much", then here is your chance to help us for only a quid and in turn, have the chance of winning some serious cash.

http://www.spot-the-ball.net/

Woo Hoo, we did it.

Many, Many, Thanks to everyone on here who helped by buying a membership/sending in phones,etc,etc. Members now own part of a club.

Our new community website will be getting updated on a more regular basis in the coming months so look out for updates on there-

http://www.buystirlingalbion.org.uk/

For anyone still wanting to be a member- you still can! Memberships are still £40 and can be purchased from the above website. £40 to say you own part of a senior football club- what a topic starter when you in the pub lol.

We are currently doing an online spot the ball competition where, for a quid, you could win up to £100k. In the same time, you will be helping to stabilise the club. If you thought, I would like to help, but £40 is too much", then here is your chance to help us for only a quid and in turn, have the chance of winning some serious cash.

http://www.spot-the-ball.net/

Does anyone else think we could get some major tips from the guys on the Binos Trust? With no CF to boost the JT coffers, and not as much input from Thistle fans as we would like, should we be looking at ideas to get all these non-Thistle fans who 'have a soft spot' for us involved and putting inn some cash?

I realise the main priority in this area should be to get more Thistle fans involved but surely it's something to think about!

Well done to all at Stirling Albion :clapping: , here's hoping this is just the first of many Scottish clubs to be owned by the fans.

That has just depressed me! and confirmed imo that our board are in it for their egos and not necessarily the best interests of the Club. What would I give to be able to buy a meaningful share in the Jags - well I'd at least hand over the wife's housekeeping!

Its happened before and will continue to do so.

These folk in charge rip a little more soul and pride out of the Club season after season.

They continue to push supporters away and have the ignorance to assume they will get getting the fans money on a regular basis.

Edited by northernsoul

They would only abstain from making important decisions.

I still get a bit anoyed when this is brought up time and time again. The JT were between a rock and a hard place with this decision and I think it would have been much easier to vote no if there had been a 'better turnout' for the specially arranged meeting to gauge the fans views. Then perhaps YOU (meaning all those who did not bother to attend) could have let them know in advance just what you thought.

Lets face it the BoD did a great job of providing a total lack of information prior to the Board meeting.

• 2 weeks later...