Official Website's New Design

kni

Weirdly, the night before the changes first appeared I was looking at the site and thinking that the logos etc. were all several years old and depicted player in the old hoops top.

Broadly speaking, I think the changes are positive and it is good to see effort being put into the web site – thanks to those who gave their time (as I suspect it would be volunteers).

There are a few niggly items that I am hopeful will evolve over time. Here is some feedback to those it may concern:

• Initial splash page – to me it works best if it is highlighting something very specific and isn’t there all the time (e.g. our current one should include a link to buy the purple strip and then drop off in a week or so). The SFA use one to good effect when tickets for Scotland fixtures go on sale.
  • A few clicks too many – Unless you can hover over the links at the top (which I can’t work out how to do on my mobile device), clicking the main link (e.g. “Teams & Fixtures”) requires about 4 clocks to get to the real info. These links should go to the most likely / current info, with additional links to get historical stuff.
  • Matchday Info link – While retaining the link at the top, in the final few days before a home game we need a big & prominent button to press that takes you to a single page with the key info about attending the next game / all kids go free etc.
  • Info on stands – we need a diagram that gives the names of the stand in relation to street names etc. Google maps doesn’t tell you were the Jackie Husband (North End) really is
  • Video – it is great feature and I really like the additional angles and emerging use of replays. However, the video from the likes of Queens Park shows just how much further we could improve full screen, compatibility for other devices / browsers , controls to rewind accurately etc

• Administrators

Broadly speaking, I think the changes are positive and it is good to see effort being put into the web site – thanks to those who gave their time (as I suspect it would be volunteers).

Just for clarification - this wasn't a onethistle effort, it was the club.

• Members

Just for clarification - this wasn't a onethistle effort, it was the club.

Surprised that the Club still hasn't realised there are fans out there that are capable of creating a really good website. I might be biased but I think Lianne showed in the past what was possible with PTFC.net, however, unfortunately the Clowns running the Club couldn't see what was under their nose even when assistance was offered. I would have thought the current board might have been a little more savvy. Paying for this sort of stuff isn't always the best solution.

Just a wee constructive comment- when there's a lot of news , the stories disappear off the front page too quickly. If I were just casually browsing the front page I wouldn't know we'd signed Steven Craig for example, and that was announced less than 8 hours ago.

I know you can rotate the second picture story but I don't know whether it's worth getting rid of the "2 games ago" game e.g. Dumbarton at the moment and sticking more headlines underneath.