Airdrie

Mediocre Pundit

I hope to Christ they go down, Airdrie is a truly depressing place to go on a Saturday, Ayr is the exact opposite, old fashioned ground with loads of pubs in a nice wee town. Alas I fear Ayr will drop into the automatic relegation zone and Airdrie will scrape into 8th or win the play offs.

Guest Argus

They had 8 points at the beginning of 2010. With Ayr in such dire form (bar a win against us :thumbdown: ) I could see them scraping safety.

What a turnaround it would be if they managed to get into 8th and force Morton into the playoffs.

Maybe our manager could learn something from Kenny Black? That's how far we have gone down. The joke of a manager that Airdire have is actually statistically better than our leader.

They had 8 points at the beginning of 2010. With Ayr in such dire form (bar a win against us :thumbdown: ) I could see them scraping safety.

What a turnaround it would be if they managed to get into 8th and force Morton into the playoffs.

Ayr finish bottom and are relegated. Airdrie lose in play-off final to Alloa, but are spared from relegation for the 3rd consecutive season because 2nd Division champions, Stirling Albion, are unable to guarantee completing their fixtures in the 1st Division and are relegated to the 3rd division.

Spare a thought for the Morton fans who travelled to Dingwall on a Monday night to lose in the 92nd minute.

Or not.

An Airdrie win on Saturday guarantees them at least a play off place, and if Ayr beat Morton then Morton could go straight down!

This too would be rather amusing, I intentionally booked weekends away each time we were at Cappielow this season.

Ayr finish bottom and are relegated. Airdrie lose in play-off final to Alloa, but are spared from relegation for the 3rd consecutive season because 2nd Division champions, Stirling Albion, are unable to guarantee completing their fixtures in the 1st Division and are relegated to the 3rd division.

Yeah, I mean off the pitch, they have to be the luckiest team in Scotland!

The way it stands

------------P GD Pts

8. Morton 35 -26 34

9. Airdrie 35 -14 33

10. AyrUtd 34 -29 31

Ayr away to Ross County during the week then on the last day

Airdrie v Dunfermline

Morton v Ayr

A 1-0 defeat for Ayr against Ross County followed by a 3-0 win v Morton while Airdrie get a point at Dunfermline for Morton to go down on goal difference. :thumbsup2:

The way it stands

------------P GD Pts

8. Morton 35 -26 34

9. Airdrie 35 -14 33

10. AyrUtd 34 -29 31

Airdrie v Dunfermline

Morton v Ayr

A 1-0 defeat for Ayr against Ross County followed by a 3-0 win v Morton while Airdrie get a point at Dunfermline for Morton to go down on goal difference. :thumbsup2:

Ayr are at home to County, but that scenario would be just dandy.

Unbeluevable run of results by Airdrie, they were well out of it, but have somehow went on an amazing run in the last few months! Hope Morton go down (theyy thought they were safe, why they appointed Grady, how I would laugh if it turns out to be a MASSIVE mistake!) Not bothered who of the other 2 go down. Prob rather Airdrie, but think Ayr have the potential to take more points off us, so prob Ayr down.

Hopefully Ayr can nick a point or all three v County then they beat Morton. Not holding much hope there though.

Would love to see Morton get relegated after all the money that Dougie Rae has invested in them for next to no return.

The way it stands

------------P GD Pts

8. Morton 35 -26 34

9. Airdrie 35 -14 33

10. AyrUtd 34 -29 31

Airdrie v Dunfermline

Morton v Ayr

A 1-0 defeat against County would mean a -4 goal difference for Ayr so they would have to win 4-0 against Morton to level it. If it goes to goals scored after that Mortons is much better so Ayr would still finish bottom. In an ideal world Ayr would just pump County by 5 tomorrow night so that a draw against Morton would do. :thumbsup2:

A 1-0 defeat against County would mean a -4 goal difference for Ayr so they would have to win 4-0 against Morton to level it. If it goes to goals scored after that Mortons is much better so Ayr would still finish bottom. In an ideal world Ayr would just pump County by 5 tomorrow night so that a draw against Morton would do. :thumbsup2:

Aye, because Ayr beating Morton won’t affect Morton’s goal difference at all. :thinking:

I’d quite like Morton to go down, they should actually be a decent team with the bankroll they’ve got. Ayr’s a decent day out so I’d like them to stay up.

Would also be funny if Airdrie lost in the playoffs for the 4th year running after all the ground they’ve clawed back just to get there.

Aye, because Ayr beating Morton won’t affect Morton’s goal difference at all. :thinking:

I’d quite like Morton to go down, they should actually be a decent team with the bankroll they’ve got. Ayr’s a decent day out so I’d like them to stay up.

Would also be funny if Airdrie lost in the playoffs for the 4th year running after all the ground they’ve clawed back just to get there.

:blush: A quality first post

Morton going down would be by far the funniest out of the three. I can't bring myself to hate Airdrie in the way I used to - apart from Lovering they don't have any players I dislike, and they don't have any fans any more. I like visiting Somerset, it's a throwback but in a good way, unlike Cappielow which is just a dump.

Also Morton are more likely than the other two to sign some reasonable players and get a decent team, if they ever stop appointing duff managers. So, Morton to go straight down, and I would have no objection to Alloa or Cowden replacing Airdie. Central Park is one of the grounds I've never seen us at.

I'd find it quite amusing if Morton went down. Wonder if Weatherston is regretting re signing for them instead of coming to us?

However, Airdrie really deserve it as they've been saved by teams going bust / being demoted 2 seasons in a row despite losing in the playoffs both times. Ideally, Ayr to be safe, Airdrie to blow it in the playoffs again and Morton to finish bottom.

I'd find it quite amusing if Morton went down. Wonder if Weatherston is regretting re signing for them instead of coming to us?

However, Airdrie really deserve it as they've been saved by teams going bust / being demoted 2 seasons in a row despite losing in the playoffs both times. Ideally, Ayr to be safe, Airdrie to blow it in the playoffs again and Morton to finish bottom.

Totally agree. In addition I have no intention of ever going back to that tip that is Crappielow owing to the non facilities offerred to away supporters - crammed little stand with minimal space for fans, no leg room for anyone over 4 feet tall, long trek for pie stall and marathon journey to toilets.

SO called Airdrie United given the privilege of being falsely named as Airdrie by all and sundry.

Ayr to stay put mainly because of being allowed to go walkies and sample spectating from various positions.

Edited by Dr.D