Not Looking Good.............

Mr Kipling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that the board and the evening times always seem to talk about thistle in terms of a promotion push? I mean, I know they've got to be seen to be looking towards promotion, but noone is expecting us to be anywhere near top half this seaosn so why even entertain the idea? We're going to be shite. If we don't sign anyone else before the season starts that will seriously improve the squad, it will be mccall's fault for signing hinchcliffe, maxwell, donnelly and mcnamara with his budget, who will not between them be capable of contributing 4 players worth of first team football.

We have incompetent parasites running(ruining) the club, a clown of a manager, an eyesore of a stadium and an awful, awful squad. I'm absolutely scunnered with Thistle. If the new team in my hometown were to make it into the professional game, then I would seriously consider chucking us for good. I blame the board entirely for my apathy. Their negligence has drove away dozens of people who used to go on our bus. They are killing our club. If there arn't drastic changes in the boardroom soon, there wont be a Partick Thistle. I have absolutely no doubts about that.

Well here's a wee message for the BoD.

If you aren't prepared to back the manager and get some decent signings in, I'll find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Now considering the fact that I have always considered myself a diehard who has backed the team through thick and thin, I hope this sends out a few alarm bells. Sadly, I doubt it though.

Cowan, Hughes, Prentice et-al thanks for slowly killing the team I love.

We have incompetent parasites running(ruining) the club, a clown of a manager, an eyesore of a stadium and an awful, awful squad. I'm absolutely scunnered with Thistle. If the new team in my hometown were to make it into the professional game, then I would seriously consider chucking us for good. I blame the board entirely for my apathy. Their negligence has drove away dozens of people who used to go on our bus. They are killing our club. If there arn't drastic changes in the boardroom soon, there wont be a Partick Thistle. I have absolutely no doubts about that.

Well here's a wee message for the BoD.

If you aren't prepared to back the manager and get some decent signings in, I'll find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Now considering the fact that I have always considered myself a diehard who has backed the team through thick and thin, I hope this sends out a few alarm bells. Sadly, I doubt it though.

Cowan, Hughes, Prentice et-al thanks for slowly killing the team I love.

As much as I agree with both of you, part of me thinks this is exactly what they want- us refusing to turn up and the club goes down the pan. Already screwed us (sory, bought) 50% of the ground in Propco. They could pick up the next 50% at an even more knockdown price.

As an aside, I thought propco was clearing a lot of the debts so we could strengthen the team? Another Pravda statement from Firhill Propoganda Machine!!

As much as I agree with both of you, part of me thinks this is exactly what they want- us refusing to turn up and the club goes down the pan. Already screwed us (sory, bought) 50% of the ground in Propco. They could pick up the next 50% at an even more knockdown price.

As an aside, I thought propco was clearing a lot of the debts so we could strengthen the team? Another Pravda statement from Firhill Propoganda Machine!!

Ironically the poor attendances during the second half of last season has apparently had a huge impact on this. Fans refusing to show up because of the BoD just makes the scenario you outline all the more likely, but while they cut off their noses to spite their faces they are helping to produce a self-fulfilling prophesy.

We have stood on the sidelines crying foul for far too long and the only way to do anything about it is to follow Stirling Albion and start using fan power. Are people really so stubborn that they will hold grudges/scepticism about the Jags Trust while at the same time refusing to back the Thistle BoD? If so then we are doomed, but if not then now is the time for action.

Isn't it time for Jags Trust membership renewals? :whistling:

If the Jags Trust or indeed any other group of fans were serious about doing something similar to Stirling, then I would certainly be willing to join up and offer as much support as I can. I would love it if some influential fans started the ball rolling. It's time to challenge Cowan & Co. They clearly arn't willing or capable of running this club of ours properly.

Reading between the lines we may have to get Boyle off the payroll just to get Halliwell in. That means the likelihood of Maxwell actually playing is greatly increased. Indeed I'll go so far as to say it's looking more than just possible we'll start the league season with Hinchcliffe in goals and Maxwell in defence :thumbdown: .

I'm starting to question my sanity having already renewed my season ticket. To expect further season ticket sales at a reasonable sales level with those two stalwarts :o regularly being played is far fetched in the extreme. If someone from the Club further down the road blames the fans for not buying season tickets in enough numbers I'm not sure I'll be responsible for my actions :angry: .

The whole club is a feckin joke. I am convinced that if they pulled in £500,000 in season ticket money they still wouldnt give McCall a penny to spend.

The senario is, the multi millionaires wont dip into their pockets to give the manager some money for players but expect the supporters (OAPs,unemployed, poorlly paid, students,part time workers, people with their jobs under threat etc etc) to give them money up front. Its a joke and if they go into this season with this squad they are just gonna end up losing more supporters as all I can see is a major struggle ahead

Edited by Lindau

I'm one of those people who haven't renewed their season ticket yet. I might be working the odd Saturday which is part of the reason why, but there is absolutely NO incentive to part with all this money up front as of now. Maybe if they put the club up for sale right now I'd buy a season ticket.

If the Jags Trust or indeed any other group of fans were serious about doing something similar to Stirling, then I would certainly be willing to join up and offer as much support as I can. I would love it if some influential fans started the ball rolling. It's time to challenge Cowan & Co. They clearly arn't willing or capable of running this club of ours properly.

In a nutshell. When the question about who would replace our present board members comes about, an answer comes there none.

Get that answered then move on. So far, the only new investment we've seen has not been in the club per se. Why is that? The answer is self evident: no-one wants to invest and lose money.

So, the kind of person we're looking for is a life-long Jags fan who doesn't care about losing money and will buy half a football ground. :huh:

Sorted. Let's go and find 10 such people. Start in the bookies.

I'm one of those people who haven't renewed their season ticket yet. I might be working the odd Saturday which is part of the reason why, but there is absolutely NO incentive to part with all this money up front as of now. Maybe if they put the club up for sale right now I'd buy a season ticket.

Please explain your logic here. :) If I didn't live half a world away and knew I'd be entertained by the Jags players that'd really be the only reason I'd need to buy a season ticket.

If you want ructions in the boardroom vote the buggers out of office or make their positions so untenable they'd have to quit.

Given that the board claim not to read the Thistle forums, I would say to thosecomplaining to email Alan Cowan on [email protected]

I certainly have, no point in it being rude as wont serve any purpose but just complained about lack of funds yet again, back the Manager with new signings, how we will be lucky to stay in this league etc. Only takes a couple of minutes and only needs a couple of lines to say you bought a season ticket or am thinking about buying one but not happy about their being new signings.

At least that way the email has went direct to Cowan, as otherwise they will stick to their dont read the forums guise and therefore claim not to be aware of fans anger.

Please explain your logic here. :) If I didn't live half a world away and knew I'd be entertained by the Jags players that'd really be the only reason I'd need to buy a season ticket.

If you want ructions in the boardroom vote the buggers out of office or make their positions so untenable they'd have to quit.

Lack of investment in the team. Horrible management of the club finances, the various PR disasters, the wreck they have turned the stadium into.

These people shouldn't be on the board if they have nothing positive to offer. They should leave now.

Edited by MWM

I don't think another fan group would have as much clout as the Jags Trust due to shares issues, the JT hold gaurdianship shares (1,000,000 of ?) and IIRC they also recieve shares as part of the CF deal. I don't think those shares are transferable if the JT was to fold and another fans group was put in place.

I'm not sure on this but it may be these share issues that make any movement towards a Stirling Albion type thing difficult for the JT to adopt :unknw:

Either way, in order for the JT to take action of the sort that Stirling Albion have, wouldn't it be better for those who want something like that to join the JT and make it happen? If there are enough like-minded involved in the Trust then action can be taken but if the Trust continues to hold a membership of roughly 25% of the regular attenders at Firhill (which is not representative of the total number of Jags fans out there, so the 25% figure would be reduced) then it's not even close to be representing the majority of fans.

I don't think another fan group would have as much clout as the Jags Trust due to shares issues, the JT hold gaurdianship shares (1,000,000 of ?) and IIRC they also recieve shares as part of the CF deal. I don't think those shares are transferable if the JT was to fold and another fans group was put in place.

I'm not sure on this but it may be these share issues that make any movement towards a Stirling Albion type thing difficult for the JT to adopt :unknw:

Either way, in order for the JT to take action of the sort that Stirling Albion have, wouldn't it be better for those who want something like that to join the JT and make it happen? If there are enough like-minded involved in the Trust then action can be taken but if the Trust continues to hold a membership of roughly 25% of the regular attenders at Firhill (which is not representative of the total number of Jags fans out there, so the 25% figure would be reduced) then it's not even close to be representing the majority of fans.

Wasn't one of the architects of the Binos buy out a Jags fan? :unsure:

edited to add just read MifftheBino's post where he mentions the name of Jags fan (Paul Goodwin)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Guest Argus

Exactly what do fans want the board to do?

There simply isn't the money there and if the manager insists on spending what he does have on the players he has re-signed, then he has to sink or swim on that basis.

I'm not a member of the Jags Trust, but I thought due to lack of ambition and other matters, the board had taken them over, as anyone I have seen from them seems to be working for the board selling season tickets. Since they seem unable to do anything of any significance in any coordinated way with the fans,why on earth would anyone think they would be any better custodians of the club than this Board or any previous Board?

Fact is fans always hate Boards, this one ain't any better or worse than the ones before it, though it ahould have been given STJ. Anybody want to suggest Kevin Moore was better vice chair than the current one or that previous chairman to this haven't led us into deep financial trouble?

Exactly what do fans want the board to do?

There simply isn't the money there and if the manager insists on spending what he does have on the players he has re-signed, then he has to sink or swim on that basis.

I'm not a member of the Jags Trust, but I thought due to lack of ambition and other matters, the board had taken them over, as anyone I have seen from them seems to be working for the board selling season tickets. Since they seem unable to do anything of any significance in any coordinated way with the fans,why on earth would anyone think they would be any better custodians of the club than this Board or any previous Board?

Fact is fans always hate Boards, this one ain't any better or worse than the ones before it, though it ahould have been given STJ. Anybody want to suggest Kevin Moore was better vice chair than the current one or that previous chairman to this haven't led us into deep financial trouble?

I agree, what do most clubs supporters get from their board? . . . nothing! So that is what to expect. There isn't a queue of people waiting to invest in Thistle so we are stuck with them. As for those who aren't going to renew you season tickets or aren't going to the games. That's your prerogative, it's your money. But it hardly helps the club you say you support so don't tell me your doing it for the sake of the Jags. Just keep your money and stay away. Some of us just want to support the team whoever is in it and whoever is running it. Of course we would like a winning team but you can’t expect to win all the time, unless you are an old firm fan, and are any of us like them?

So, the kind of person we're looking for is a life-long Jags fan who doesn't care about losing money and will buy half a football ground. :huh:

Some of us just want to support the team whoever is in it and whoever is running it. Of course we would like a winning team but you can’t expect to win all the time, unless you are an old firm fan, and are any of us like them?

@ McKennan. Have they lost money? The money from Propco was an investment for them. I'd have been interested in some of that- buying half a football ground when the market is at its lowest. In fact here's a suggestion, offer to sell the other 50% of the ground to the jags trust (same price as directors paid for their share).

Where's jags trust reps? Any reason why this can't be done/suggested? Or have Beattie and co got first dibs on other 50%?

These guys have taken plenty from the club in terms of hospitality etc. We've accountants on the board that will be able to write it off as expenses and they've squandered plenty more- Twechar training ground, Bing, Hospitality, Eddie Prentice's wage etc

They amalgamated the 1876 club with their Centenery fund with the promise of money for signings/players- not much doing there either. They've chased off core supporters because they didn't like what they read on a fans forum and threatened them with legal proceedings- perk of having a lawyer on the board that it doesn't cost them anything except a letter head and 1st class stamp.

@Iain- Don't expect them to win every week as probably the majority of folk who support us don't either. However it is an entertainment business. If a film is getting rubbish reviews from everybody would you pay money to see it? Well rewind the film to Jan to the end of last season as that's what this season will be again without any new signings.

Guys like Red Monkey and Fellow Traveller amongst others warned that this would happen but they were classed as negative posters.

Third Lanark, i've sent off my email.

Jags trust anything to say?

@ McKennan. Have they lost money? The money from Propco was an investment for them. I'd have been interested in some of that- buying half a football ground when the market is at its lowest. In fact here's a suggestion, offer to sell the other 50% of the ground to the jags trust (same price as directors paid for their share).

Where's jags trust reps? Any reason why this can't be done/suggested? Or have Beattie and co got first dibs on other 50%?

These guys have taken plenty from the club in terms of hospitality etc. We've accountants on the board that will be able to write it off as expenses and they've squandered plenty more- Twechar training ground, Bing, Hospitality, Eddie Prentice's wage etc

They amalgamated the 1876 club with their Centenery fund with the promise of money for signings/players- not much doing there either. They've chased off core supporters because they didn't like what they read on a fans forum and threatened them with legal proceedings- perk of having a lawyer on the board that it doesn't cost them anything except a letter head and 1st class stamp.

@Iain- Don't expect them to win every week as probably the majority of folk who support us don't either. However it is an entertainment business. If a film is getting rubbish reviews from everybody would you pay money to see it? Well rewind the film to Jan to the end of last season as that's what this season will be again without any new signings.

Guys like Red Monkey and Fellow Traveller amongst others warned that this would happen but they were classed as negative posters.

Third Lanark, i've sent off my email.

Jags trust anything to say?

Great post