Not Looking Good.............

Mr Kipling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of investment in the team. Horrible management of the club finances, the various PR disasters, the wreck they have turned the stadium into.

These people shouldn't be on the board if they have nothing positive to offer. They should leave now.

Fine. Where are the worthy and necessarily wealthy replacements?

I don't think another fan group would have as much clout as the Jags Trust due to shares issues, the JT hold gaurdianship shares (1,000,000 of ?) and IIRC they also recieve shares as part of the CF deal. I don't think those shares are transferable if the JT was to fold and another fans group was put in place.

I'm not sure on this but it may be these share issues that make any movement towards a Stirling Albion type thing difficult for the JT to adopt :unknw:

Either way, in order for the JT to take action of the sort that Stirling Albion have, wouldn't it be better for those who want something like that to join the JT and make it happen? If there are enough like-minded involved in the Trust then action can be taken but if the Trust continues to hold a membership of roughly 25% of the regular attenders at Firhill (which is not representative of the total number of Jags fans out there, so the 25% figure would be reduced) then it's not even close to be representing the majority of fans.

Hypothetical situation with a hint of possibility about it: get 1000 would-be season ticket holders to put their 270 spondoolicks in a bank account then issue an open letter to the club stating that unless heads roll that money will not be spent on season tickets.

That's fan power the club would understand - maybe it's necessary to take the club to the brink. Again, I ask all those who've been clamouring for resignations at board level - who is ready to step in?

The trust's one million share power has been neutralised by the larger holdings of club executives.

@ McKennan. Have they lost money? The money from Propco was an investment for them. I'd have been interested in some of that- buying half a football ground when the market is at its lowest. In fact here's a suggestion, offer to sell the other 50% of the ground to the jags trust (same price as directors paid for their share).

Thank you for that point, Trotter. The investment has been in Propco, not the club.

Fine. Where are the worthy and necessarily wealthy replacements?

Didn't they claim after the Racing Post ad a couple of years ago there were interested parties? Infact aye they did....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/05/29/cash-strapped-partick-thistle-in-hunt-for-boyle-esque-money-man-86908-20433034/

Obviously they couldn't do anywhere near the fine job, these guys have done though, hence protecting the club and not selling it. :rolleyes:

Guest Argus

Didn't they claim after the Racing Post ad a couple of years ago there were interested parties? Infact aye they did....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/05/29/cash-strapped-partick-thistle-in-hunt-for-boyle-esque-money-man-86908-20433034/

Obviously they couldn't do anywhere near the fine job, these guys have done though, hence protecting the club and not selling it. :rolleyes:

You may not like the fact, but nobody out there has any interest in buying PTFC and running it as a going concern.

So you are stuck with the board we have unless you or anyone else wants to step forward with a large sum of money.

From what I can see the supporters trust don't have the will, influence or ability to do that. Nor do they for that matter appear to represent that many fans.

This is the first season for a long long time i have not looked forward to it starting..its very doubtful that we will be relegated IMO..But we are playing for absolutely nothing this season..all we can pray for is a decent cup run or a couple of good cup draws.

Think how pish we were last season..and nothing has changed aprt from the fact we have lost a very good keeper!

Thank you for that point, Trotter. The investment has been in Propco, not the club.

@ McKennan

The investment in Propco was for the benefit of Partick Thistle was it not? According to their press release at the time it claimed it was- ignore the 5% exit premium and fact they're life long fans. :thinking:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2009-2010/august_2009/club_press_release

As an aside to that, it's hardly an interest free loan. At the end of the day I don't have too much of a quibble with that as they are businessmen. However the fact the Trust time and time again give money to the club for what in return? (MacNamra's wages last season initially spring to mind). In other words, one rule for one director in terms of giving money and expecting an investment and another rule for another director, namely the Trust.

The current BOD would happily see the club die now imo. Another scheme- Propco- hasn't worked they way they set out but they are no closer in admitting so. If they had any interest in seeing this club survive they would step aside and give the shares to the Trust. The same shares which cost them nothing except now time, which i'm sure after what they have received from the club over past number of years has been more than repaid.

At this moment the Trusts shares are worthless. They have a rep on the board who can't report back to anyone (or certainly not the full membership) due to confidentiality issues and then Hughes, Cowan, Beattie and co more or less gang up and push through Propco amongst other things.

These guys aren't accountable to anyone except themselves.

Who sanctioned Eddie Prentice's (part-time) wage for more or less something guys on here offered to do for nothing? (Centenery Fund draw)

Who sanctioned the moving of hospitality at the same time as looking to move the club to a 'new' site without waiting to see what the outcome was to be?

Who sanctioned the demolition of the City End terracing without the necessary paperwork being in place so that there would be something there other than a Bing?

Who sanctioned the transfer of Brown McMaster's shares to his kids/wife? (What ever happened there? All went very quiet after initial mumblings of they can't do that without consent of the board.)

I'm sure there are plenty out there who could add to the list.

Bottom line is nothing will happen as they (the B.O.D.) have driven a wedge between supporters. As I mentioned previously, more or less scunnered folk who did have the best interests of the club at heart into doing something else on a Sat afternoon.

Guest grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

the thought of people like third lanark, wee angry men, who hide in the crowd, scared of poking their heads above the parapet, and instead writing 'keyboard gangster' emails to an address which does not even specify the name of the account holder (im certain their will be a junk mail filter on it as well) is sad. can i just add, that your grammar is probably the worst in the forum, and I certainly would not read any correspondence from you.

how about you subscribe to what your saying and make a difference. instead of calling on board members to dip their hands in their pockets again, why not form something along the lines of the stirling albion movemment, stop hiding in the group of 'angry men'.

its time for people to put up or shut up. the constant spout of inane drivel coming from the same people saying the same things is quite simply mind numbingly boring.

some people on here not to take a long hard reality check.

the thought of people like third lanark, wee angry men, who hide in the crowd, scared of poking their heads above the parapet, and instead writing 'keyboard gangster' emails to an address which does not even specify the name of the account holder (im certain their will be a junk mail filter on it as well) is sad. can i just add, that your grammar is probably the worst in the forum, and I certainly would not read any correspondence from you.

how about you subscribe to what your saying and make a difference. instead of calling on board members to dip their hands in their pockets again, why not form something along the lines of the stirling albion movemment, stop hiding in the group of 'angry men'.

its time for people to put up or shut up. the constant spout of inane drivel coming from the same people saying the same things is quite simply mind numbingly boring.

I'm guessing this a spoof post? If TL's grammar is the worst on the forum then you obviously don't read your own!! :D

People have tried to put up and now they have shut up because of the attitude of the board and sadly due to posters like yourself.

Very sad. :(

Time folk got a grip - again. How much complaining about the Board needs to occur before something changes? Could it be that moaning on a fanzine website won't have any effect whatsoever? The demonising of board members that takes place on here is frankly outrageous - you'd think some folk would be happy to spring Peter Tobin from the jile and put him up as the new chairman just to get rid of the present incumbent.

Anyone notice that we're in the worst recession since the thirties? That the vast majority of football clubs have ridiculous amounts of debt and are struggling to put out a half decent team?

I for one am fed up reading posters on here saying that the players are crap, the manager's a clown, the Board are all self-interested con-men, the ground's a disgrace and the strip is pathetic. So what's left? Folk who feel that way about Partick Thistle should do us all a favour and take their 'support' somewhere else.

There is a don't shoot the messenger element to this.

Since Eddie Prentice stepped down as CEO various managerial duties have been devolved to individual directors. I don't think it would be unreasonable for the rank and file support to know who does what. EP we know continues to have oversight of the centenary fund and I've a fair idea of Denis McQuade's & Tom Hughes's remits but as to the rest :unsure: ????

If we can't have big money investors then the next best thing is to have experts on the board that can invest their relevant expertise in the Club. Honest question, is this being done? :unsure:

Guest Argus

@ McKennan

The investment in Propco was for the benefit of Partick Thistle was it not? According to their press release at the time it claimed it was- ignore the 5% exit premium and fact they're life long fans. :thinking:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2009-2010/august_2009/club_press_release

As an aside to that, it's hardly an interest free loan. At the end of the day I don't have too much of a quibble with that as they are businessmen. However the fact the Trust time and time again give money to the club for what in return? (MacNamra's wages last season initially spring to mind). In other words, one rule for one director in terms of giving money and expecting an investment and another rule for another director, namely the Trust.

The current BOD would happily see the club die now imo. Another scheme- Propco- hasn't worked they way they set out but they are no closer in admitting so. If they had any interest in seeing this club survive they would step aside and give the shares to the Trust. The same shares which cost them nothing except now time, which i'm sure after what they have received from the club over past number of years has been more than repaid.

At this moment the Trusts shares are worthless. They have a rep on the board who can't report back to anyone (or certainly not the full membership) due to confidentiality issues and then Hughes, Cowan, Beattie and co more or less gang up and push through Propco amongst other things.

These guys aren't accountable to anyone except themselves.

Who sanctioned Eddie Prentice's (part-time) wage for more or less something guys on here offered to do for nothing? (Centenery Fund draw)

Who sanctioned the moving of hospitality at the same time as looking to move the club to a 'new' site without waiting to see what the outcome was to be?

Who sanctioned the demolition of the City End terracing without the necessary paperwork being in place so that there would be something there other than a Bing?

Who sanctioned the transfer of Brown McMaster's shares to his kids/wife? (What ever happened there? All went very quiet after initial mumblings of they can't do that without consent of the board.)

I'm sure there are plenty out there who could add to the list.

Bottom line is nothing will happen as they (the B.O.D.) have driven a wedge between supporters. As I mentioned previously, more or less scunnered folk who did have the best interests of the club at heart into doing something else on a Sat afternoon.

As a private limited company they are accountable to the shareholders and nobody else apart from the laws that govern business.

I suspect fans find that hard to swallow but that is the reality, football is no different to any other business in that respect.

The supporters Trust are shareholders as I understand it, but with restrictive covenants in place, but they are only one of a number of shareholders and would need to find common ground with like minded parties who are shareholders to shift the present board. No sign of that happening is there?

I'm guessing this a spoof post? If TL's grammar is the worst on the forum then you obviously don't read your own!! :D

People have tried to put up and now they have shut up because of the attitude of the board and sadly due to posters like yourself.

Very sad. :(

As I tried to make obvious, it was written in what I would would describe as standard forum language. It was to highlight the lack of readability of some of the stuff on here.

I would support anything to take the club into the fans hands. Thats not through being a board hater, what exactly can they do? Hands tied, nothing is right in some peoples eyes.

I cannot really remember one time when then has been rationally proposed mind you?

Edited by grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

As I tried to make obvious, it was written in what I would would describe as standard forum language. It was to highlight the lack of readability of some of the stuff on here.

I would support anything to take the club into the fans hands. Thats not through being a board hater, what exactly can they do? Hands tied, nothing is right in some peoples eyes.

I cannot really remember one time when then has been rationally proposed mind you?

Can't really comment or claim to know about what goes on in the inner workings of the Jags Trust but from an outsiders point of view, when guys like Red Monkey, Fellow Travller and a few other posters from the old .net forum were running it it seemed far more organised than today.

One of the other posters commented, which I agree with to a large extent, that the current incumbants seem to spend time doing the boards work for them regards Centenery Fund.

For what it's worth I was one of those opposed to giving up 1876 club and gave up my JT membership after that also.

As for the board having their hands tied. I'm not doubting at the start that was the case but for reasons i've listed before they've had their chance and failed time and again, miserably.

A strong well organised Trust is needed but like I said, I fear that some of the guys who had the right ideas to do this have been lost forever.

I for one am fed up reading posters on here saying that the players are crap, the manager's a clown, the Board are all self-interested con-men, the ground's a disgrace and the strip is pathetic. So what's left? Folk who feel that way about Partick Thistle should do us all a favour and take their 'support' somewhere else.

Even if it's true?

No actually Allan Cowan does read it and respond. I should also I am not absuive with my emails to him maybe reiterating my points. You are the one being abusive, as for the keyboard gangsters I am more than happy to speak to people face to face and leave my names on any emails, something you dont appear to do, so if anyone who appears like a keyboard gangster its you <_<

Guest Argus

Even if it's true?

Which bits are true?

We have always had not very good manager's, players and boards, over the years. All part and parcel of supporting a club like PTFC, otherwise you'd be supporting some other team.

The ground has deteriorated, but the ground isn't the team or the club its just an element of the package.

Which bits are true?

We have always had not very good manager's, players and boards, over the years. All part and parcel of supporting a club like PTFC, otherwise you'd be supporting some other team.

So that's the response to everything, then? Fair enough, I don't have fantastic ideas that will turn the club around, but what you're saying is we're expected to put up with crap because it's always like that and if you don't like it then you should feck off?

So that's the response to everything, then? Fair enough, I don't have fantastic ideas that will turn the club around, but what you're saying is we're expected to put up with crap because it's always like that and if you don't like it then you should feck off?

Not feck off, but keep the moaning down to a dull roar.

Can't really comment or claim to know about what goes on in the inner workings of the Jags Trust but from an outsiders point of view, when guys like Red Monkey, Fellow Travller and a few other posters from the old .net forum were running it it seemed far more organised than today.

One of the other posters commented, which I agree with to a large extent, that the current incumbants seem to spend time doing the boards work for them regards Centenery Fund.

For what it's worth I was one of those opposed to giving up 1876 club and gave up my JT membership after that also.

As for the board having their hands tied. I'm not doubting at the start that was the case but for reasons i've listed before they've had their chance and failed time and again, miserably.

A strong well organised Trust is needed but like I said, I fear that some of the guys who had the right ideas to do this have been lost forever.

Likewise I voted for the status quo (1876 Club). I feel that night was most damaging. I'm not really referring to the leap of faith as such more that the momentum that the Jags Trust had built up came to halt, in fact went from 4th or 5th gear into reverse. Guys like you mention (Greig & Colin) were taking the Trust in a direction I liked and that appears (though I may be wrong) to have deviated drastically since then. I've not resigned from the Trust as imo it's the only game in town. Also there's people on board (npi) who I know for certain have the best interests of the fans at heart, some in particular like Tom (Honved) with valuable expertise. I just feel it's more the momentum rather the soul of the JT that's been lost.

I never thought the day would come when I would feel so detached from Thistle. For the last number of years I have renewed my season ticket even though i make only a few home games per season....to support the club, to invest in hope. There is no longer any hope........

Here are two words that many many people involved with Thistle should have learned a long time ago - Thank You.

Everyone takes everyone else for granted because 'its different from anything else, its a football club'. Utter nonsense, polite gratitude preserves relationships, taking folks for granted terminates relationships.

Guest Argus

Where did i say that?

Up to you want you want to do.

All I was pointing out that with a club like Thistle, certain thing are and have always been expected.

Makes the times when we do achieve things all that much sweeter.

Some of the football we played when the present manager first came was lovely to watch.

In retrospect that was probably down to John Hendry and the previous diet of utter tripe via Mr Campbell which made us thristy for any small improvement, but thereafter we have gone back to our usual mediocrity, but we enjoyed it for that small space of time. See what I mean?

Likewise I voted for the status quo (1876 Club). I feel that night was most damaging. I'm not really referring to the leap of faith as such more that the momentum that the Jags Trust had built up came to halt, in fact went from 4th or 5th gear into reverse. Guys like you mention (Greig & Colin) were taking the Trust in a direction I liked and that appears (though I may be wrong) to have deviated drastically since then. I've not resigned from the Trust as imo it's the only game in town. Also there's people on board (npi) who I know for certain have the best interests of the fans at heart, some in particular like Tom (Honved) with valuable expertise. I just feel it's more the momentum rather the soul of the JT that's been lost.

I hope you're right as there are more fans like this below out there and I do include myself in that unfortunately.

I never thought the day would come when I would feel so detached from Thistle. For the last number of years I have renewed my season ticket even though i make only a few home games per season....to support the club, to invest in hope. There is no longer any hope........

Here are two words that many many people involved with Thistle should have learned a long time ago - Thank You.

Everyone takes everyone else for granted because 'its different from anything else, its a football club'. Utter nonsense, polite gratitude preserves relationships, taking folks for granted terminates relationships.