Shuggie

My first jags game since my first jags game in March 1991 away to Morton. Booked my flights when the fixtures came out and boy has it worked out nicely.

Safe to say I reckon I'll be one of the most excited men in Glasgow next Saturday morning.

Where's best for a pre-match pint?

Welcome home :P

Munns was shut on Saturday. Coopers at kelvinbridge is a good pub with a good range of beers at decent prices. Quite a few Jags meet there then head up. Sometimes for a swifty at Munns, when open. Does food as well.

Star and Garter on Garscube Road is a hotbed of Thistle fans pre post match. Cheap and cheerful.

Not been to Woodside Inn at Queens X on Maryhill Road for a while but will be full of Jaggoes as well.

Enjoy your trip and the victory(fingers crossed).

• Like 1

It's always entry by ticket for league games. You buy them on match day at the Portacabin at the back of the JH or in the Aitken Suite and then you hand them in at the turn style. I think they were being sold throughout this week to help avoid big queues on Saturday cos expecting it to be busier than usual

It's always entry by ticket for league games. You buy them on match day at the Portacabin at the back of the JH or in the Aitken Suite and then you hand them in at the turn style. I think they were being sold throughout this week to help avoid big queues on Saturday cos expecting it to be busier than usual

North Stand is pay at the gate if you're not a season ticket holder. Probably to save having to go to the portacabin to come back round to the turnstiles.

jagfox you'd think they'd mention it by now if it wasn't the usual arrangements for the North Stand so it should be fine.

North Stand is pay at the gate if you're not a season ticket holder. Probably to save having to go to the portacabin to come back round to the turnstiles.

Is this absolutely correct?

I had the idea of changing from JH Stand to the North stand as it´s the first time for me at Firhill with away fans in the JH stand and as a sizeable Pars contingent is expected, I don´t want to buy a ticket for the JH Stand and given one in the first row, where the chance to end up soaked is very likely (the weather forecast for Saturday says light showers).

Is this absolutely correct?

I had the idea of changing from JH Stand to the North stand as it´s the first time for me at Firhill with away fans in the JH stand and as a sizeable Pars contingent is expected, I don´t want to buy a ticket for the JH Stand and given one in the first row, where the chance to end up soaked is very likely (the weather forecast for Saturday says light showers).

It has 100% been the case so far this season. I don't see any reason why it would change for Saturday without the club having announced it more than 2 days before the match.

Why all this discussion?

The entry arrangements are exactly the same as they have been for all other league games this season, apart from the club selling tickets at the Cove game a week early. That seems to have been done to save fans queuing for too long before kick off on Saturday.

Or, if you're a cynic, to panic fans into buying tickets in advance. Then they won't be able to change their minds and not come along on Saturday.

There is no way anyone is not going to get in on Saturday.

Oh and by the way, for anyone who started supporting Thistle this season. We're the team in red and yellow!!

Edited by scotty

Pars have their own financial dramas, 81k owing to the tax man in the next two weeks with one home game to pay the bill. Their fans seem resigned to administration and a points deduction as long as their club survives.

This in some ways puts extra pressure on us to get a result. We want to win the league on merit. One way of claiming that right would be to beat Pars home and away before any points deduction/administration.

Pars have their own financial dramas, 81k owing to the tax man in the next two weeks with one home game to pay the bill. Their fans seem resigned to administration and a points deduction as long as their club survives.

The money is due by the 21st of November, the next DAFC home game is the 24th. :thumbsup2:

Could be good for this match too. I've spoken to a couple of Pars fans who don't normally travel but are coming through for this one as a show of solidarity. If it means more money for us then that's a good thing.

Could be good for this match too. I've spoken to a couple of Pars fans who don't normally travel but are coming through for this one as a show of solidarity. If it means more money for us then that's a good thing.

How many will think that they'll wait and come through on the 1st of December when at least they will get a share of the gate?