Nomad's Day

Dick Dastardly

Firstly, I was lucky enough to be at Firhill on Saturday, and if anyone is doubting the hype being discussed, all I can say is "Believe !". There is something very special happening at Thistle and in my opinion the comparisons to the squad of 71/72 is totally justified. I would urge any supporter to make a trip to see this team in action as it may be a long time before we have one as good again.

Even before Saturday, I had been toying with the idea of a "Nomad's Day" where we get as many ex-pats as possible to meet up in Glasgow and arrive at the match en-mass. If we get enough backing, I'd be happy to contact the club to see if they could mark the event in some way, maybe a half-time announcement, or let one of us make the 50/50 draw. The question is, who would be interested ?

I'd avoid the worst of the winter traveling, but also pick a game not too close to the Ramsden's final as I'm sure that many of us will want to go to that game. The obvious dates would therefore be

Feb 23rd Airdrie

Mar 9th Dumbarton

Apr 27th Dunfermline (last home game)

Although I'd be willing to look at other dates if there are better ideas. Either PM me, or post a reply to give me an idea of numbers and I'll see if we can get something going.

I'd actually suggest a time close to Christmas, as many of us would be travelling back to Glasgow/Scotland to see family over the holidays, or perhaps that is me just imagining everyone else has similar behaviour to mine. Shuggie organised something similar a few years back for the horror defeat to Ross County on 27 Dec (was it 2008 or 2009?) and there was a pretty good turnout.

No matter what the date is, I'd be there though.

I like the idea of it being the last home game too, but if our season continues the way it seems to be going we could struggle to get tickets!

Last home game of the season would be a good shout. Plenty of notice. No family commitments like Christmas and allows the person who suggested it to attend! Better weather (hopefully) so we can all get a sun tan in the Jackie Husband Stand. It would also be a good time for Nomads who win the player sponsorship draw to pick up their strip or boots from the player themselves. Last year I did the honours and picked up on behalf of Belfast Jag from Paul Cairney and it was good natured with a lot of players around. The End of Season night will probably be the same weekend.

Sent a wee email to Ian Maxwell today just to ask the club to keep us in mind for cup final tickets. It they were to sell them some Saturday when we are not there we could miss out and the latest games package deal doesn,t do us much good either.

So if you are thinking something similiar don,t hang about. Let the club know.

I am also the same. A wee bit to early to commit to a game but enjoyed meeting a few folks last time at Shuggies do in the Aitken Suite

oops edit to put the "l" in folks

Edited by topcat

Here's a thought.

If there are Nomads who will be "home" over the Xmas/New Year break then organise ourselves to meet. e.g. the Morton game on the 26th December at Firhill?

We can also do an end of season celebration as suggested - tho' the home game against Dunfermline on 27th April could be a nail biter!!

Its no mad to meet twice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi fellas! im coming up for the Ramsden Cup Final, staying in hotel as my bloody cousins have decided to be away on holiday that week! thinking of going on the city centre supporters bus.

also definately coming up for the Dunfermline game at the end of the season!

would be great to meet up.

PS .....Does anyone know when the Ramsden Cup Final tickets go on sale?